nfs4 with ipv6 - weird sh**
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brane2
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: nfs4 with ipv6 - weird sh** Reply with quote

I have IPv6 at couple physically separated locations.

On each location I have one Linux box as fileserver/router/firewall with several network cards ( one facing ISP, others for local users etc).

Both servers have NFSv4 server and I have set firewall so that I can reach NFS4 server from remote location through IPv6 from narrow set of IPs, with readonly access.

So at workstation, I can see both local and remote shares.

Problem is, with IPv6 ( with proto=tcp6 mount option and ) I can access remote shares fine.
But when mounted through tcp6, local shares show as empty.
If I mount them through IPv4, they show and work fine.

BTW: It used to be that fstab wouldn't let me specify IPv6 adresses directly, so I had to use a trick. I made an entry in /etc/hosts with some like "my_server.loc XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX::1234" ( latter baing IPv6 of my server) and then used that name in fstab. Just now I noticed that this is not needed anymore. Now I can enter raw IPv6 within brackets and mounting utility obviously accepts it and mounts it. Local mounts are still shown as empty, but at least mount doesnt fail here.

I don't know if this is relevant, just mentioning it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: