Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
postfix question
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: postfix question Reply with quote

I had much luck on going through the Desktop Guide and overall am enjoying gentoo very much.

My regular email provider is about to stop offering free pop3 so I decided to go back to the Desktop Guide and tree postfix. I followed all of the instructions and had to make one additional change to /etc/postfix/main.cf in order to get postfix check to work.

I have a single computer using DHCP and a cable modem. My ISP gives a 30 bit network mask. With an ipaddress of foo.foo.foo.209 I had to setup the network section of main.cf as foo.foo.foo.208/30.

This allowed me to start postfix with no errors. When I try to mail between users on the box using mutt the mail staying in ~/.maildir-sent/cur of the sending user and never gets to the recipient. Mail sent from outside to username@myipaddress doesn't show up anywhere. Mail is also in /var/spool/postfix/dropped.

Anyway have a similiar problem or know what else I can try (besides sendmail :o )?
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: postfix question Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Anyway have a similiar problem or know what else I can try (besides sendmail :o )?

Your question is more of a Postfix question, rather than a Gentoo one. My suggestion is to start with the Postfix Documentation as the answer is almost certainly in there.

--kurt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: