Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnBlbec
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferreirafm wrote:
Hi JohnBlbec,
I thought that you were stucked with openoffice and still had a list of python-updates to emerge. That way you could skip openoffice a keep emerging the other python-updates.
Weird, I don't understand why you can't be able to emerge openoffice. If you need to use it right now, emerge openoffice-bin instead.
G'Luck

no every other package is up to date only openoffice is not able to rebuild against to python-2.7 so i have returned back to use python-2.6, executed python-update again so my system is ok but it uses python-2.6 and when a try to run emerge --depclean it wants to remove python-2.6 ;-)

I do not understand too why openoffice is not able to rebuild - see a link to bugzilla i have added somewhere above.
ghrueff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Etal: thank-you this helped me out tremendously

Quote:
Try running "eselect python" and set it to version 2.7. You also probably forgot to run python-updater.
Etal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBlbec wrote:
I do not understand too why openoffice is not able to rebuild - see a link to bugzilla i have added somewhere above.

You might want to try upgrade to libreoffice instead :wink:

ghrueff wrote:
Etal: thank-you this helped me out tremendously

Quote:
Try running "eselect python" and set it to version 2.7. You also probably forgot to run python-updater.

You're welcome :)
JohnBlbec
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Etal wrote:
JohnBlbec wrote:

You might want to try upgrade to libreoffice instead :wink:

I am thinking about it but libreoffice has the same bug - not able to compile against python-2.7 (source is the same link to bugzilla I have mentioned).
Etal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't :P

Quote:
Comment 8 Andreas Proschofsky 2011-02-17 05:26:23 EST

Builds fine here with the patch, also the browser plugin is functional, so
applied to libreoffice 3.3.0 and 3.3.1rc1. Thanks to Neil for the fix, great
work!

Leaving the bug open as OOo is still broken, one more good reason to move to
LibreOffice ;-)

But just in case, you can run "quickpkg openoffice", so that if it doesn't work, you can restore openoffice with "emerge -aK openoffice"
urcindalo
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBlbec wrote:
I am thinking about it but libreoffice has the same bug - not able to compile against python-2.7 (source is the same link to bugzilla I have mentioned).

That's strange. I just finished the move to python 2.7 on three boxes without a problem, and I use libreoffice. In fact, I had libreoffice installed with python 2.6, so before moving to 2.7. It re-emerged perfectly.

Why don't you un-emerge openoffice, run --depclean to remove its dependencies, update to python 2.7 (following all the necessary steps), un-emerge python 2.6 (or --depclean again), and then emerge libreoffice from scratch? May some of the already-installed dependencies is not in a good shape :?
JohnBlbec
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

urcindalo wrote:
JohnBlbec wrote:

That's strange. I just finished the move to python 2.7 on three boxes without a problem, and I use libreoffice. In fact, I had libreoffice installed with python 2.6, so before moving to 2.7. It re-emerged perfectly.

Why don't you un-emerge openoffice, run --depclean to remove its dependencies, update to python 2.7 (following all the necessary steps), un-emerge python 2.6 (or --depclean again), and then emerge libreoffice from scratch? May some of the already-installed dependencies is not in a good shape :?

it sounds good, i will try it today later :-)

[edited]
well done ;-)
a summary for beginners with the same problem/hesitating is follow:

1) uninstall openoffice to avoid a dependency to python-2.6
2) emerge --depclean ... yes i was risky and now i am glad i had a courage to do it (some packages has been manually added to the world using emerge --noreplace)
3) set python-2.7 as a default
4) execute python-updater
5) revdep-rebuild
6) emerge libreoffice ... i was surprised a compilation requires close to 8GB /var/tmp !
7) revdep-rebuild again to be sure everything is ok

it seems all work great.

(just one comment: i have clicked to "i" icon in libreoffice main dialog and it uses something from kde - i must say i do not like hardcoded things. how is it possible libreoffice developers think everybody will use kde? exactly error is "/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/../basis-link/program/kde-open-url: line 7: kfmclient: command not found". i am using fluxbox...)
ferreirafm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBlbec wrote:
(just one comment: i have clicked to "i" icon in libreoffice main dialog and it uses something from kde - i must say i do not like hardcoded things. how is it possible libreoffice developers think everybody will use kde? exactly error is "/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/../basis-link/program/kde-open-url: line 7: kfmclient: command not found". i am using fluxbox...)

Hi JohnBlbec,
You may have emerged the openoffice package setting the kde USE flag.
Ckeck this with:
Code:
equery uses openoffice

If so, remove kde from you make.conf USE list and rebuild the openoffice afterwards.
G'Luck
JohnBlbec
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferreirafm wrote:
JohnBlbec wrote:

Hi JohnBlbec,
You may have emerged the openoffice package setting the kde USE flag.
Ckeck this with:
Code:
equery uses openoffice

If so, remove kde from you make.conf USE list and rebuild the openoffice afterwards.
G'Luck

hi. i do not use "kde" in my USE flag and my libreoffice has -kde flag.
ferreirafm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just full upgraded. Nerver mind kde.
All the Best
JohnBlbec
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferreirafm wrote:
You just full upgraded. Nerver mind kde.
All the Best

exactly and the libreoffice issue is an detail only - but a bug. thanks for your assistance :-)
tomk
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming to Duplicate Threads, please see Python 2.7 upgrade?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: