Simple recieve only MTA recommendations
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJNII
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Simple recieve only MTA recommendations Reply with quote

I want to run a very simple MTA on a box that takes all mail received and sends it to a single user. It must not try and forward, relay, or send messages in any way shape or form. It must only deliver all mail to a single user's mailbox. It must also not try and use DNS. I do not want this server on the domain as it must not send messages; no DNS and a blank resolv.conf are insurance towards this end. It must deliver all mail to the single user regardless of address.

I tried postfix, but it was too heavy. It also munged my domain settings and sent a bounce message to the admin of my core network, which is completely unacceptable. (This was before I blanked resolv.conf) I looked into qmail, but decided it is also too heavy. I just want something with no brains that only receives mail, absolutely nothing else.

Is there a package that does this, or would I be better off just writing my own?
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of a simple receive-only MTA. (Send-only / relay-only, yes. Receive-only, no.)

You can, of course, disable the ability of an MTA to send, but this doesn't address your requirement for "simple".

While it's not an MTA and can't really "receive", you may be able to fulfill your requirement with something like fetchmail.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: