Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[solved] does pm-utils catches Fn+F4 keys ? (no KDE does it)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toralf
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: [solved] does pm-utils catches Fn+F4 keys ? (no KDE does it) Reply with quote

Since kernel 2.6.38 and/or KDE 4.6.1 I've the strong feeling that pm-utils makes something more worse than that it helped.

First the value of /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs seems to be overwritten by the laptop tools w/o asking me.

The 2nde issue is related to the fact that s2ram my ThinkPad via Fn+F4 (undocked) and wake it up (docked) result into a 2nd immediately s2ram 1/2 a sec ago after wakeup.

Does somebody has made similar experiences and knows an answer ?

Last edited by toralf on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: does pm-utils catches Fn+F4 keys Reply with quote

toralf wrote:
Since kernel 2.6.38 and/or KDE 4.6.1 I've the strong feeling that pm-utils makes something more worse than that it helped.

First the value of /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs seems to be overwritten by the laptop tools w/o asking me.
First of all, you should decide to use either the powermanagement provided by kde itself OR the powermanagement provided by laptop-mode-tools. If you want to use both then you need to find out and disable in either kde or laptop-mode-tools, those powermanagement configurations that are common to both of them. To configure laptop mode tools you need to modify teh config files in /etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf and the files in /etc/laptop-mode/conf.d
Quote:
The 2nde issue is related to the fact that s2ram my ThinkPad via Fn+F4 (undocked) and wake it up (docked) result into a 2nd immediately s2ram 1/2 a sec ago after wakeup.

Does somebody has made similar experiences and knows an answer ?
For this you probably need to find out whether kde is catching the button press Fn-F4 and putting your laptop to sleep, as well as if acpid is catching the button press. You need to disable one of them. The configuration files of acpid are in /etc/acpi

Configuration of kde can be accessed through the GUI. Don't ask me for specifics, since I haven't used the kde desktop for many years. :)
toralf
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The culprit : https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=270379 ?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: