Help with configuring X
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ejchameroy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Help with configuring X Reply with quote

Hi guys.
This time I'm having a hell of a time trying to get X to work. My setup is a PowerMac G4 400 MHz with Rage 128 and Apple Studio Display 17.

I tried to emerge xeasyconf, but I keep getting a message saying the dependency file is corrupt and emerge aborts. I tried XFree86 --configure and I'm having difficulty understanding how this works, mostly because the list of options if longer than what my screen can display at one time. I've tried xf86config and I have no idea which options are correct.

When I try to run x I get the folling error messages

(EE) R128(0): Cannot read V_Bios (5)
(EE) R128(0): No DFP detected
Symbol drmFreeBufs from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmR128TextureBlit from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!
Symbol drmFreeBufs from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11. Server aborting

Can anyone help me out or direct me to sources that would help me figure this out? Is there perhaps a way I can get a copy of an xf86config file that will work on my system? Thanks.
pakkypnut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problems getting xeasyconfig, so I suggest xautoconfig, I had better luck with it :)
ejchameroy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Now I'm able to get X running. However, now I have two more issues. First, my keymap is wacky, and when I try to exit X, twm seems to shutdown but all of the terminals (as well as the clock) remain open. I can't switch consoles to use ctrl-c because, again, my keymap is screwed up. The only way I can exit X is to reset my computer, which unfortunately, take me out of linux. Any suggestions?
AfterShoxX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give these options a whirl in the keyboard section of your XF86 config file which is normally located in /etc/X11/.

If this doesn't work post the contents of your config file so we can take a look at it.

Code:

Identifier  "Keyboard0"
Driver      "keyboard"
Option          "CustomKeycodes"
Option          "XkbModel"      "Macintosh"
Option          "XkbLayout"     "mac-us"
Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree"
EndSection
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: