Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Minecraft (ebuild to build deps from source!)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GummyGum173
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is dev.gentooexperimental.org dead? I fail to install some lib because the site's down (gentooexperimental.org is up though) (jinput)
any chance somebody has the jinput tarball?
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooexperimental.org has been known to go down for months at a time. I'm a dev now so I don't really need it any more. I have the tarball but the package needs bumping and possibly even moving into the tree now anyway.

I haven't forgotten about you guys at all but the Java team is really hurting after years of neglect. I'm fighting my way through a backlog to get minecraft-server into the tree once and for all. I almost had it ready when they went and added another bloody dependency in 1.8.3!
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chewi wrote:
gentooexperimental.org has been known to go down for months at a time.

Eh? No it doesn't; the dev. machine might (I can't speak to it, especially with all those devs using it for ssh.. ;) but the rest of it's pretty solid ime, including the binhost.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise there was more than one machine behind it. I only used it for dev.
GummyGum173
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so should I just wait for the java overlay to be updated in the meantime?
By the way, were you successful at running minecraft (the client) on your ARM machine?
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chewi: no worries; just didn't want anyone who might be/consider using it (eg for binhost) to be put off.
shadywack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chewi,

Thanks for all your work that you're putting in. You're benefitting the overall gentoo distro immensely and I appreciate it very much.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GummyGum173 wrote:
so should I just wait for the java overlay to be updated in the meantime?

I've created new jinput and jutils ebuilds that should go into the tree tomorrow once I've tested on x86. To be honest, these actual packages won't help much towards running Minecraft right now because I haven't kept the unbundling up to date. You'll probably need to use the upstream jars for now so all my ebuild does is install the launcher. I'm afraid the server has taken priority but the client will be next. I also want these packages added to support other Java games like Revenge of the Titans and Titan Attacks.
GummyGum173 wrote:
By the way, were you successful at running minecraft (the client) on your ARM machine?

Still haven't tried, primarily because the open GPU drivers for my ARM box are still in a very experimental state. There are active talks to get them into mainline at last though. I'm somewhat confident it could work, I think someone got it going on the Raspberry Pi.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New ebuilds for jutils and jinput are now in the tree.
GummyGum173
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello again :)
I fail to compile lwjgl:
Code:

error: package net.java.games.util.plugins does not exist

Did I miss something?
Yminus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GummyGum173 wrote:
I fail to compile lwjgl:
Code:

I can confirm this - I have the same issue.
GummyGum173
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yminus wrote:
GummyGum173 wrote:
I fail to compile lwjgl:
Code:

I can confirm this - I have the same issue.

Ok, so I've found a fix and a possibly easier way to insert custom libs into minecraft.

I guess you're on ARM, so you'll have to do that:
http://rogerallen.github.io/jetson/2014/07/31/minecraft-on-jetson-tk1/

Shame that apparently there's no way to run that on my Tegra 3 :( I was sure it also translates it to OpenGLES or something, figures it keeps running on OpenGL, which my drivers don't support, so I get like 1 FPS.
I'll keep updating if I find something.
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
just wondered, if you had a look at this already:

http://forum.lwjgl.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=8ms4q2l1gi424etlcp6jp0pgc1&topic=3948.msg21485#msg21485
https://github.com/LWJGL/lwjgl/blob/master/build.xml

there are extra targets to build against OpenGLES. at least for lwjgl 2.x.
Spock45
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: lwjgl Error Reply with quote

When I try to install Minecraft, I get the following error:

Code:
 * ERROR: dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0::java failed (compile phase):
 *   eant failed
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   93:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 3883:  Called java-pkg-2_src_compile
 *   environment, line 1802:  Called eant 'headers' 'jars' '-f' 'build.xml'
 *   environment, line  604:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       ant ${antflags} "${@}" || die "eant failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0::java'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0::java'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/work'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/work'

I think eant has something to do with dev-java/ant-nodeps, but I'm really not sure. Here is the output of `emerge --info '=dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0::java'`:

Code:
Portage 2.2.20 (python 3.4.1-final-0, default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/systemd, gcc-4.8.4, glibc-2.20-r2, 4.0.5-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
                         System Settings
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.0.5-gentoo-x86_64-AMD_Phenom-tm-_II_X4_965_Processor-with-gentoo-2.2
KiB Mem:     8176128 total,   5044168 free
KiB Swap:    8388604 total,   8388604 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 13:00:01 +0000
sh bash 4.3_p33-r2
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.24 p1.4) 2.24
app-shells/bash:          4.3_p33-r2::gentoo
dev-java/java-config:     2.2.0::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.20.2::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.9-r1::gentoo, 3.4.1::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.2.2::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.28-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.2::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:          0.17::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.6-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13::gentoo, 2.69::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.11.6-r1::gentoo, 1.15::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.24-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            4.8.4::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.7.3::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.1-r1::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 3.18::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.20-r2::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000

java
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 0

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/sofficerc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles merge-sync news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi alsa amd64 berkdb bindist bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo cdda cdr cli colord cracklib crypt cups cxx dbus dri dts dvd dvdr eds emboss encode evo exif fam firefox flac fortran gdbm gif glamor gnome gnome-keyring gnome-online-accounts gpm gstreamer gtk iconv introspection ipv6 jpeg lcms ldap libnotify libsecret mad mmx mmxext mng modules mp3 mp4 mpeg multilib nautilus ncurses nls nptl ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf png policykit ppds pulseaudio qt3support qt4 readline sdl session spell sse sse2 ssl startup-notification svg systemd tcpd tiff tracker truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb vorbis wxwidgets x264 xcb xinerama xml xv xvid zlib" ABI_X86="64" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan sheets stage tables krita karbon braindump author" CAMERAS="ptp2" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php5-5" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby19 ruby20" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, USE_PYTHON

divined
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greeting Gentoo users!!

Trying to install the 1.8.4 overlay ebuild of Minecraft here. I'm receiving this error :

* ERROR: games-server/minecraft-common-20130203::myoverlay failed (prepare phase):
* (no error message)
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 93: Called src_prepare
* environment, line 2623: Called die
* cp "${FILESDIR}"/{init,console}.sh . || die;

I've created the games-server/minecraft-server and games-server/minecraft-common copied the ebuilds in those directories and created the manifest. What am I missing here?
divined
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to successfully compile after all. I'm still experiencing an odd problem. Trying to start the server as root running the init script /etc/init.d/minecraft-server start

Code:

t-rex main # /etc/init.d/minecraft-server start
 * Starting Minecraft multiverse "main" using minecraft-server ...                                                                                                                                                                     [ !! ]
 * ERROR: minecraft-server failed to start

However, when I give

Code:

ps aux | grep minecraft
games    15651  0.0  0.0 127860  3012 ?        Ss   22:09   0:00 /usr/bin/tmux -S /tmp/tmux-minecraft-main new-session -n minecraft-main -d umask 027 && '/usr/games/bin/minecraft-server' 'main'
games    15652  0.0  0.0 113224  2956 pts/1    Ss+  22:09   0:00 bash -c umask 027 && '/usr/games/bin/minecraft-server' 'main'
games    15654 40.8  8.8 2510456 357120 pts/1  Sl+  22:09   0:15 /usr/lib/jvm/icedtea-bin-7//bin/java -classpath /usr/share/minecraft-server/lib/minecraft-server.jar -Djava.library.path=/lib:/usr/lib -Xmx1024M -Xms512M net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer nogui main
root     15707  0.0  0.0 112552  2200 pts/0    S+   22:09   0:00 grep --colour=auto minecraft
t-rex main # cd logs/

so the server is running. Still I cannot see the local game from my Windows pc on the LAN. When giving a direct connect I get a disconnect error. On the Gentoo side I can see on the minecraft log that a connection attempt was made.

Code:

cat latest.log
[22:09:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.8.4
[22:09:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[22:09:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[22:09:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[22:09:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.0.3:25565
[22:09:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Using epoll channel type
[22:09:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing level "world"
[22:09:11] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0
[22:09:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 65%
[22:09:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Done (1,253s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
[22:10:40] [Server thread/INFO]: com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile@f187d42[id=<null>,name=divined,properties={},legacy=false] (/192.168.0.65:51992) lost connection: Disconnected

It seems the game is trying to contact com.mojang.authlib.GameProfile@f187d42. Do I need to open some port to Mojang?
divined
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To any whom it may concern I solved the problem by switching the server to offline-mode. This isn't recommended by Mojang though since now players don't authenticate through it's servers. Has anyone found a better solution?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Chewi:

I went digging through the innards of the vanilla launcher recently for other reasons and now I have some basic understanding of how it works.

Seems like if we want to get the original from-source client ebuild going again, the old hacky wrapper script isn't necessary any more. We can just extract all the bundled libs from the profile json (i.e. ~/.minecraft/versions/1.8.8/1.8.8.json), make ebuilds for those, then have the client ebuild install a gentoo-specific json with the deps omitted since they'll already be in the system classpath.
squeegily
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: lwjgl Error Reply with quote

Spock45 wrote:
When I try to install Minecraft, I get the following error:

Code:
 * ERROR: dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0::java failed (compile phase):
 *   eant failed
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   93:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 3883:  Called java-pkg-2_src_compile
 *   environment, line 1802:  Called eant 'headers' 'jars' '-f' 'build.xml'
 *   environment, line  604:  Called die
 *       ant ${antflags} "${@}" || die "eant failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0::java'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0::java'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/work'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/work'

Getting this too

The section before it reads:
Code:
compile:
     [core] Compiling 711 source files to /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/work/bin
     [core] /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/work/src/java/org/lwjgl/util/jinput/LWJGLEnvironmentPlugin.java:36: error: package net.java.games.util.plugins does not exist
     [core] import net.java.games.util.plugins.Plugin;
     [core]                                   ^
     [core] /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/work/src/java/org/lwjgl/util/jinput/LWJGLEnvironmentPlugin.java:41: error: cannot find symbol
     [core] public class LWJGLEnvironmentPlugin extends ControllerEnvironment implements Plugin {
     [core]                                                                              ^
     [core]   symbol: class Plugin
     [core] Note: /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/work/src/java/org/lwjgl/MacOSXSysImplementation.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
     [core] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
     [core] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
     [core] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
     [core] 2 errors

BUILD FAILED
/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/lwjgl-2.9.0/work/build.xml:446: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

That sounds important. Maybe trying with this -Xlint:{deprecation,unchecked} flag would fix it?

lwjgl from the chaos overlay also suffers from this.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After squeegily poked me about this on IRC, I felt bad about it and fixed it later on with a bump to 2.9.3. Sorry it took so long. I can't promise Minecraft that will work any more though. :?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tip for anyone else suffering abysmally bad font rendering in the game's launcher — add this to env.d, bashrc or whatever's most appropriate:
Code:
_JAVA_OPTIONS='-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on'

It doesn't exactly do what the wording implies, but it looks a hell of a lot better than the unhinted, aliased text icedtea (possibly other VMs) outputs by default.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
A tip for anyone else suffering abysmally bad font rendering in the game's launcher — add this to env.d, bashrc or whatever's most appropriate:
Code:
_JAVA_OPTIONS='-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on'

It doesn't exactly do what the wording implies, but it looks a hell of a lot better than the unhinted, aliased text icedtea (possibly other VMs) outputs by default.

Font rendering is undergoing some change at the moment and not just in Java. IcedTea 3.1.0 introduced support for Infinality but this arrived just as FreeType all but dropped Infinality in favour of a new rendering engine. This will become the default in FreeType 2.7 but you can try it now in 2.6.5 with the cleartype_hinting USE flag. I haven't tried it yet and I'd be interested to hear what you think, particular in terms of how it affects Java.
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching freetype development for a while; I did have infinality turned on for a long time but I got rid of it when the other big hinting rewrite went into upstream a few months ago, and when the cleartype_hinting flag showed up I turned it on. With it off, things look a bit too odd for my tastes.

Vanilla freetype's rendering is, imo, much nicer than infinality since FT 2.6.2. Infinality doesn't do gamma correction right (or at all) so while it looked fine on a webpage, I could barely tell bold and normal text apart in the console. The contrast improvement with it gone is like night and day and everything looks consistent now.

Java is the one thing on my system that seems to ignore fontconfig settings entirely. I don't know if there's a way to fix that without the infinality stuff, but that setting above at least makes text legible (albeit a bit blurry), which is good enough for me since I'm not looking at AWT UIs most of the day...
divined
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody

I just upgraded my minecraft-server to version 1.13.1 from the very old version to 1.8.4
I can load into the default world that the installer sets up but I want to load my old world in which I'd put a lot of work in. So i just copied my files from the old /var/lib/minecraft to /var/lib/minecraft-server
The init script gets the game up and running. Nonetheless, it crashes the moment I try to log in from my Windows client. I reckon this has something to do with the old world. Is there process I must follow in order to upgrade it to the latest version?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's old you'll need to use a tool like MCEdit to convert the save from legacy format to current. Keep a backup of the original.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: