View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yaplej
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it looks like I might have broken it good now. I updated coreutils and apparently the kernel headers have changed enough that cause touch to break. So now I cannot emerge anything again.

The error I get is.
Code:

* ERROR: virtual/libintl-0 failed:
 *   IO Failure -- Failed 'touch .unpacked' in...

The recommended fix I found is to revert back to an old version of coreutils and update the kernel http://da.nmilne.com/?p=120 but there are not any older versions in http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/sys-apps/ to revert to. I do have version 5.2.1 in /usr/portage/distfiles/.
jbouzan
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching this thread out of interest, since two years ago I tried this with a box that hadn't been updated in 6 months. I'm amazed you got anywhere, mine stopped emerging for I forgot what reason after a couple hours working at it. I didn't even try to find a solution, at that point I decided that everything was telling me to install fresh.
yaplej
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to revert back to the snapshot before I started updating. I am going to grab a snapshot after each update so if one breaks it like coreutils did I can revert back. I am going to modify my strategy a little. While I was trying to update everything and then the kernel I think I will try to update the bare minimum then the kernel. I dont know how much I will be able to get updated without updating coreutils.
Dragonlord
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: All emerge suddenly fails at "touch" step Reply with quote

logs:
Code:
>>> Emerging (1 of 2) dev-libs/elfutils-0.149
 * elfutils-0.149.tar.bz2 RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                                                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Package:    dev-libs/elfutils-0.149
 * Repository: gentoo
 * Maintainer: toolchain@gentoo.org
 * USE:  bzip2 elibc_glibc kernel_linux nls userland_GNU x86 zlib
 * This profile has not been tested thoroughly and is not considered to be
 * a supported server profile at this time.  For a supported server
 * profile, please check the Hardened project (http://hardened.gentoo.org).

* This profile is merely a convenience for people who require a more
 * minimal profile, yet are unable to use hardened due to restrictions in
 * the software being used on the server. This profile should also be used
 * if you require GCC 4.1 or Glibc 2.4 support. If you don't know if this
 * applies to you, then it doesn't and you should probably be using
 * Hardened, instead.

>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking elfutils-0.149.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.149/work
 * Applying elfutils-0.118-PaX-support.patch ...                                                                                                                           [ ok ]
 * Applying elfutils-0.148-bashifications.patch ...                                                                                                                        [ ok ]
touch: setting times of `/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.149/.unpacked': No such file or directory
 * ERROR: dev-libs/elfutils-0.149 failed:
 *   IO Failure -- Failed 'touch .unpacked' in /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.149
 * Call stack:
 *   ebuild.sh, line 2320:  Called ebuild_main
 *   ebuild.sh, line 2227:  Called dyn_unpack
 *   ebuild.sh, line  746:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *      touch "${PORTAGE_BUILDDIR}/.unpacked" || die "IO Failure -- Failed 'touch .unpacked' in ${PORTAGE_BUILDDIR}"
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =dev-libs/elfutils-0.149',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =dev-libs/elfutils-0.149'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.149/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.149/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.149/work/elfutils-0.149'

>>> Failed to emerge dev-libs/elfutils-0.149, Log file:

This happens with all emerging since today. Strange line is
Code:
touch "${PORTAGE_BUILDDIR}/.unpacked" || die "IO Failure -- Failed 'touch .unpacked' in ${PORTAGE_BUILDDIR}"

I can run this code
Code:
touch /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/elfutils-0.149/.unpacked

manually and it works. Seems like portage fails at it for some unknown reason though. Any ideas what portage could suddenly mess up?
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the output of emerge --info? What have you installed recently?
ewaller
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if you try sudo touch ??
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem seems to be triggered by some particular combination of sandbox, coreutils and (glibc/kernel headers),
though it's not quite clear what are the exact conditions.
Dragonlord
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody mentioned something about udev having troubles with older kernels. That machine still has 2.6.19 running. Could this have an influence?
Dragonlord
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
What is the output of emerge --info? What have you installed recently?

Code:
Portage 2.1.9.24 (default/linux/x86/10.0/server, gcc-4.3.4, glibc-2.11.2-r3, 2.6.19-gentoo-r5 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.19-gentoo-r5-i686-Intel-R-_Pentium-R-_4_CPU_3.00GHz-with-gentoo-1.12.14
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 02:30:23 +0000
app-shells/bash:     4.1_p7
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r13, 2.5.4-r3, 2.6.6-r1, 3.1.2-r4
dev-util/cmake:      2.8.1-r2
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.14-r1
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.4
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13::<unknown repository>, 2.65-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6::<unknown repository>, 1.5::<unknown repository>, 1.6.3::<unknown repository>, 1.7.9-r1::<unknown repository>, 1.8.5-r3::<unknown repository>, 1.9.6-r2::<unknown repository>, 1.10.3, 1.11.1                                                                                                                                           
sys-devel/binutils:  2.20.1-r1                                                                                                                                                   
sys-devel/gcc:       4.1.2, 4.3.4, 4.4.4-r2                                                                                                                                       
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1                                                                                                                                                       
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.10                                                                                                                                                       
sys-devel/make:      3.81-r2                                                                                                                                                     
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.30-r1 (sys-kernel/linux-headers)
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs distlocks fixlafiles fixpackages news parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.mirror.solnet.ch http://mir1.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/ http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/os/linux/gentoo http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/gentoo/ http://ftp.lug.ro/gentoo/ http://mirrors.sec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/gentoo/ http://mirror.pudas.net/gentoo http://pandemonium.tiscali.de/pub/gentoo/"
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
LINGUAS="en de"
MAKEOPTS="-j4"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="7zip acl berkdb bzip2 cli cracklib crypt cups cxx dhcp dhcp} dri foomaticdb fortran gdbm gpm iconv ipv6 ldap mmx modules mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly openmp pam pcre perl png pppd python readline samba session slang snmp sse ssl sysfs syslog tcpd tiff truetype unicode usb x86 xml xorg zlib {-X" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en de" PHP_TARGETS="php5-2" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev glint intel mach64 mga neomagic nouveau nv r128 radeon savage sis tdfx trident vesa via vmware voodoo" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

returnthis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the exact same problem on a linode:

Quote:

Portage 2.1.9.24 (default/linux/x86/10.0, gcc-4.4.4, glibc-2.11.2-r3, 2.6.18.8-l
inode22 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.18.8-linode22-i686-Intel-R-_Xeon-R-_CPU_L5520_@_2.27GHz-
with-gentoo-1.12.14
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 22:30:22 +0000
app-shells/bash: 4.1_p7
dev-lang/python: 2.4.6, 2.5.4-r4, 2.6.6-r1, 3.1.2-r4
dev-util/cmake: 2.8.1-r2
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.14-r1
sys-apps/sandbox: 2.4
sys-devel/autoconf: 2.65-r1
sys-devel/automake: 1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils: 2.20.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc: 4.1.2, 4.3.4, 4.4.4-r2
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool: 2.2.10
sys-devel/make: 3.81-r2
virtual/os-headers: 2.6.30-r1 (sys-kernel/linux-headers)
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=prescott -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/gconf /etc/revdep
-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS=""
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs distlocks fixlafiles fixpackages news paral
lel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-log
s unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en"
MAKEOPTS="-j4"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress
--force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclu
de=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="acl bash-completion berkdb bzip2 cli cracklib crypt cups cxx dri fortran gd
bm iconv ipv6 modules mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly openmp pam pcre perl ppp
d python readline session sqlite sse sse2 ssl sysfs tcpd unicode x86 zlib" ALSA_
CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x
ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 triden
t usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy
dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear
meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODU
LES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default aut
hn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_use
r autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expire
s ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache m
ime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir use
rtrack vhost_alias" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap
syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garm
in garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncor
e rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_DEVICE
S="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk
hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en" PHP_TARGETS="php5-2" RU
BY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev glint intel mach64 mga neo
magic nouveau nv r128 radeon savage sis tdfx trident vesa via vmware voodoo" XTA
BLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip
fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude cha
os account"
Unset: CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_A
LL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_R
SYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PORTDIR_OVERLAY
dol-sen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apperently newer coreutils does not like older kernels and breaks tuoch.

See this thread
phajdan.jr
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=348640
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merged some posts above

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
Dragonlord
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping up the kernel fixes the problem. Seems to be incompatibility with old kernels. God had this been "the hate" hunting down all the symbols that moved around (broken NAT on a router server SUCKS! :/ ... especially if it takes like 5 recompiles to find all the illogical stray symbols).
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to understand why people neglect kernel versions on such updates.
I think that the right path is portage->glibc->binutils->gcc->portage->glibc->binutils->kernel+header->reboot->rest
Dragonlord
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
I think that the right path is portage->glibc->binutils->gcc->portage->glibc->binutils->kernel+header->reboot->rest

Do this over SSH and then see how you swear if the kernel doesn't come up after reset while the server is literally "in another state".
Dragonlord
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:

Do this over SSH and then see how you swear if the kernel doesn't come up after reset while the server is literally "in another state".
yaplej
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. I seem to have finally gotten this thing updated to the current release for about everything. I had to manually update a lot of stuff from pre-compiled packages first and was able to get to where I could emerge gcc, binutils and glibc. That seemed to be the key there but before going any further I had to compile a new kernel to prevent the new coreutils from breaking the system totally. I took some notes but had to move stuff around a little trying to figure out how to get things to install in proper order.

There might have been an easier method to doing this but loosley following this I was able to get it done.

Code:

#BASELINE
# Very outdated 2006.1 gentoo box needs updated.

#SYNCED emerge
emerge-webrsync

#UPDATE profile
cd /etc
rm /etc/make.profile
ln -s ../usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/x86/10.0 /etc/make.profile
source /etc/profile

#UPDATE python
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/dev-lang/python-3.1.2-r4.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/python-3.1.2-r4.tbz2
rm /usr/bin/python 2>/dev/null
ln -s /usr/bin/python3.1 /usr/bin/python
python-updater

#UPDATE glibc
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/sys-libs/glibc-2.11.2-r3.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/glibc-2.11.2-r3.tbz2

#UPDATE portage
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/sys-apps/portage-2.1.9.24.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/portage-2.1.9.24.tbz2

#UPDATE gcc
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/sys-devel/gcc-4.4.4-r2.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/gcc-4.4.4-r2.tbz2
gcc-config i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.4.4
source /etc/profile
/sbin/fix_libtool_files.sh 4.4.4

#UPDATE binutils
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/sys-devel/binutils-2.20.1-r1.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/binutils-2.20.1-r1.tbz2
binutils-config i686-pc-linux-gnu-2.20.1
source /etc/profile

#UPDATE bash
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/app-shells/bash-4.1_p7.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/bash-4.1_p7.tbz2

#UPDATE libtool
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/sys-devel/libtool-2.2.10.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/libtool-2.2.10.tbz2

#UPDATE expat
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/dev-libs/expat-2.0.1-r3.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/expat-2.0.1-r3.tbz2

#UPDATE popt
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/dev-libs/popt-1.16.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/popt-1.16.tbz2

#UPDATE zlib
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/sys-libs/zlib-1.2.3-r1.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/zlib-1.2.3-r1.tbz2

#UPDATE pax-utils
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/app-misc/pax-utils-0.2.1.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/pax-utils-0.2.1.tbz2

#UPDATE mpfr
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/dev-libs/mpfr-2.4.2_p3.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/mpfr-2.4.2_p3.tbz2

#UPDATE gmp
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/dev-libs/gmp-4.3.2.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/gmp-4.3.2.tbz2

#UPDATE perl
cd
wget http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/x86/dev-lang/perl-5.12.2-r4.tbz2
cd /
tar xfpj root/perl-5.12.2-r4.tbz2

#EMERGE automake & autoconf
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge automake
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge autoconf

#EMERGE gcc
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge --nodeps gcc

#EMERGE binutils
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge binutils

#EMERGE timezone-data
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge --nodeps timezone-data

#EMERGE linux-headers
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge linux-headers

#EMERGE glibc
rm /etc/locales.build
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge --nodeps glibc

#EMERGE gentoo
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge -u gentoo-sources

#UPDATE kernel
cd /usr/src
ln -sfn linux-2.6.36-gentoo-r5 linux
cd /usr/src/linux
make menuconfig
make
make modules_install
mount /boot
cp /boot/BzImage-2.6.36-gentoo-r5 /boot/BzImage-2.6.36-gentoo-r5.old
cp arch/x86/boot/bzImage /boot/BzImage-2.6.36-gentoo-r5

#EMERGE sandbox
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge sandbox

#EMERGE bash
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge --nodeps bash

#EMERGE libffi
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge libffi

#EMERGE pkgconfig & popt
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge pkgconfig

#EMERGE portage
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge --nodeps portage

#EMERGE dhcpcd
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge dhcpcd

#EMERGE e2fsprogs
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge e2fsprogs

#EMERGE coreutils
#Make sure your running the updated kernel or things will break after doing this.
mv /bin/mktemp /bin/mktemp.bak
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge coreutils
hash -r
source /etc/source

#UNMERGE baselayout
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge -C baselayout

#EMERGE sysvinit
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge sysvinit

#EMERGE libtool
FEATURES="-collision-detect -protect-owned -sandbox" emerge libtool
revdep-rebuild

#EMERGE baselayout
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge baselayout

#EMERGE gdbm
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge gdbm

#EMERGE python
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge --nodeps python
python-updater

#EMERGE sandbox
FEATURES=-sandbox emerge sandbox

#EMERGE expat
emerge expat
revdep-rebuild

#EMERGE zlib
emerge zlib

#EMERGE pax-utils
emerge pax-utils

#EMERGE gmp
emerge gmp

#EMERGE mpfr
emerge mpfr

#EMERGE gcc-config
emerge gcc-config

#EMERGE make
emerge make

#UPDATE configurations
dispatch-conf

#UPDATE SYSTEM
emerge --keep-going -eav system
mimas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot to everybody in this thread, this probably saved my life...!
i did a lot of research... but the last post from yaplej did it for me.
agonyou
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem, and I intend on using the above script actions to see if I can update this thing but mine is a pretty old Sparc2. It's a good box that just keeps running, but I haven't turned it on in a couple of years due to some moving and such. Now that things are in the swing again, I wanted to update and did an emerge --sync. Seemed to go ok, but emerge portage gives me this
Code:

firegeek 10.0 # emerge portage
Calculating dependencies /
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "portage" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- sys-apps/portage-2.1.6.7 (masked by: package.mask)
# Zac Medico <zmedico@gentoo.org> (09 Aug 2011)
# Bug #377907 - Use package.mask for compatibility with PMS section 5.2.7, and
# future versions of sys-apps/portage.

- sys-apps/portage-9999 (masked by: required EAPI 3, supported EAPI 0)
- sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.44 (masked by: required EAPI 2, supported EAPI 0)
- sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.41 (masked by: required EAPI 2, supported EAPI 0)
- sys-apps/portage-2.1.10.11 (masked by: required EAPI 2, supported EAPI 0)
- sys-apps/portage-2.2.0_alpha84 (masked by: required EAPI 3, supported EAPI 0)
- sys-apps/portage-2.2.0_alpha81 (masked by: required EAPI 3, supported EAPI 0)
- sys-apps/portage-2.1.6.13 (masked by: required EAPI 1, supported EAPI 0)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

my /usr/portage profile is linked correctly, but since this is saying EAPI 0, I'm curious if I'm screwed.

Thanks in advance

Agonyou
dol-sen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is more than a year old. So, even those post listed will be somewhat out of date.

If at all possible re- install. It will be easier.
trigggl
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that this post is more than a year old again...I have a virtual machine at 10.0 that I wasn't able to update for a while because I had to replace a processor for one that wouldn't support a 64-bit install. I 'emerge --sync'ed it and now it won't emerge portage. It gives a lot of .py errors and doesn't even show me "what will be merged". For some reason, though it was able to start when I tried "emerge -vuNDp system". Perhaps an update to the system will re-enable an update to portage? Perhaps there are some emerge options I can enable or disable to get around some default that's causing problems? I don't know why, but I don't have python-2.7. I don't know why it would be missing.

I may have to just reinstall on the vm. Hard to do from work. Of course updating the system will probably take long enough that I'll be home before trying anything else.
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Manually fixing broken portage installations. ;)

- John
trigggl
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John R. Graham wrote:
See Manually fixing broken portage installations. ;)

That should help out a lot. Should I stop my system update to fix this first? Or is the system update ok to do with the old portage?

Thanks!
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll likely only get part way without problems in any case. Since the Portage tree is now modern, running with a modern Portage would be recommended.

- John
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: