ACPI wake up via USB
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: ACPI wake up via USB Reply with quote

I've been pretty p*ssed for a long time now, since my BIOS only allows me to wake up the pc via network or PS/2, but not via USB - as in keyboard/mouse.

Two days ago, I stumbled over `acpitool -[wW]` by accident and I was pretty surprised, that it actually works(pressing some key on the keyboard or moving the mouse/clicking).

Related to that, I've got some questions.

a) do you know why the BIOS limits this functionality to PS/2?
b) does this somehow change the sleep-state? (I'm using `echo -n mem > /sys/power/state`)
c) some boards/BIOSes allow to be woken up only by a special key(-sequence), i.e. 'space' or 'C-Esc'. I guess not, but would that also be possible in my situation?
d) I've got two mice, one connected to my keyboard, the other one wireless with the connector on a front USB. The keyboard and the wireless mouse can turn on the system, but the mouse connected to the keyboard can't, why?

Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: