installing Oracle 11g on gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keilb0ut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: installing Oracle 11g on gentoo Reply with quote

If not nptl in global USE flags
1 add ntpl to global USE flags
2 re-emerge all ebuilds listed by equery hasuse nptl
3 re-emerge linux-headers (?)

If not installed public domain korn shell
1 emerge app-shells/pdksh
you can probably also create a softlink named ksh to sh, not tested

Start installation
1 simplify process by doing software only, create db later
2 in linking phase on linker error, add -lrt to $ORACLE_HOME/lib/sysliblist and run gcc-config -L, create softlink /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 to the one in this directory
3 press retry

After installation
remove created softlink /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

worked for me on 2.6.22-gentoo-r5
alex.blackbit
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds quite interesting. do you maybe want to put that knowledge into a shiny new ebuild?
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex.blackbit wrote:
that sounds quite interesting. do you maybe want to put that knowledge into a shiny new ebuild?

yes very interesting. I tried and I had a done on linking errors, perhaps this softlink solves them all.

I ended up ditching gentoo on the box and went with opensuse, no errors during installation.
keilb0ut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditching Gentoo? :)

basically, there are two problems when i installed it on one of my Gentoo boxes. Firstly, i did not have nptl (new posix threading library) installed -and- on Gentoo you have to specifically link against nptl. i guess that on opensuse the new nptl is implicitly included in the standard linux libraries. Here, Gentoo gives you choice. The other issue with Oracle depending on ksh is a bit silly, Oracle should be able to divert to (or rather use the more standard) /bin/sh. Again, on Gentoo, the workaround is quite easy.

concerning an ebuild, i am not an ebuild author, so it would be my first attempt :) i shiver when it comes to licensing issues, and you would have to download the oracle 11g distribution by hand anyway. besides, the workaround is so trivial that i doubt it is worth the effort.

I have Oracle 11g on Gentoo running under load for weeks now (with async and direct IO). It works flawlessly.
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keilb0ut wrote:
ditching Gentoo? :)

NEVER!

I've gotten 10g to install under Gentoo with what seemed like similar issues encountered during 11g install. I will definitely revisit 11g on Gentoo because I think them saying RPM distros are the only supported Linux platforms is asinine.

I appreciate the insights you've provided, I think it's important.
exitsfunnel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Thanks to keilb0ut's helpful post I was able to get Oracle 11g (though not EM) running on Gentoo. Unfortunately, for unrelated reasons, I was forced to ditch that install of Gentoo and start all over with a fresh Gentoo install so I'm now about to take another crack at installing 11g. One question: how can I be sure that my system is already using ntpl? My impression is that since I have glibc-2.5 installed, that I am, but I'd like to be sure.

Also, I'm wondering if any of you who have got 11g up and running have also been able to get Enterprise Manager running. I've done a bit of googling and it seems that a lot of people installing on unsupported distros (eg, Gentoo) have had problems with EM.

Thanks.

-exits
keilb0ut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exitsfunnel wrote:
Hey Guys,

Thanks to keilb0ut's helpful post I was able to get Oracle 11g (though not EM) running on Gentoo. Unfortunately, for unrelated reasons, I was forced to ditch that install of Gentoo and start all over with a fresh Gentoo install so I'm now about to take another crack at installing 11g. One question: how can I be sure that my system is already using ntpl? My impression is that since I have glibc-2.5 installed, that I am, but I'd like to be sure.

Also, I'm wondering if any of you who have got 11g up and running have also been able to get Enterprise Manager running. I've done a bit of googling and it seems that a lot of people installing on unsupported distros (eg, Gentoo) have had problems with EM.

Thanks.

-exits

well, set nptl in /etc/make.conf and check for ebuilds that are not compiled against this flag yet (emerge -p --newuse world). Another useful command is equery hasuse nptl, listing all installed ebuilds actually compiled with this flag. if you are still not convinced

# nm -a /lib/libc.so.6|grep pthread_unwind
000f60d0 t __pthread_unwind

yep, the nptl additional calls are in libc.

about EM, i have three graves in my backyard, 1 for a rabbit, one for a cat and one for EM. (I cremated Java, and dissolved Windows in sulphuric acid). Sorry!
dgaffuri
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

First of all thanks for the post. I've managed to install 11g on my laptop but I've still a couple of problems:

• I've a repeaetd SIGSEGV message in $ORACLE_BASE/product/11.1.0/db_1/rdbms/log/alert_soto.log
    Code:
    Sun Oct 21 13:00:05 2007
    Exception [type: SIGSEGV, Address not mapped to object] [ADDR:0x0] [PC:0xDBAF0A2, ioc_pin_shared_executable_object()+886]

starting some minutes after instance starts. Related message in trc file is
    Code:
    Dump file /home/oracle/base/product/11.1.0/db_1/rdbms/log/soto_j000_1019.trc
    Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production
    With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
    ORACLE_HOME = /home/oracle/base/product/11.1.0/db_1
    System name:    Linux
    Node name:      sotomayor
    Release:        2.6.22-gentoo-r8
    Version:        #1 Sat Sep 29 22:22:45 CEST 2007
    Machine:        i686
    Instance name: soto
    Redo thread mounted by this instance: 1
    Oracle process number: 22
    Unix process pid: 1019, image: oracle@sotomayor (J000)

*** 2007-10-21 13:29:24.884
    *** SESSION ID:(74.823) 2007-10-21 13:29:24.884
    *** CLIENT ID:() 2007-10-21 13:29:24.884
    *** SERVICE NAME:(SYS$USERS) 2007-10-21 13:29:24.884
    *** MODULE NAME:() 2007-10-21 13:29:24.884
    *** ACTION NAME:() 2007-10-21 13:29:24.884

peshmmap_Create_Memory_Map:
    Map_Length = 4096
    Map_Protection = 7
    Flags = 1
    File_Offset = 0
    mmap failed with error 1
    error message:Operation not permitted

*** 2007-10-21 13:29:24.885
    Exception [type: SIGSEGV, Address not mapped to object] [ADDR:0x0] [PC:0xDBAF0A2, ioc_pin_shared_executable_object()+886]
    ssexhd: crashing the process...
    Shadow_Core_Dump = PARTIAL

• I get this message in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log/alert_soto.log
    Code:
    Sun Oct 21 12:32:39 2007
    ERROR: The process is unable to create the ADR schema in the diagnostic_dest directory
    ERROR: because of a disk issue or OS platform issue
    ERROR: Reverting back to using the user_dump_dest and background_dump_dest
    ERROR: as the location for the traces and logs

and this message in $ORACLE_BASE/diag/rdbms/soto/soto/trace/alert_soto.log
    Code:
    ERROR: ORA-48178 encountered when checking if the process is able to
    ERROR: create the ADR schema in the specified ADR Base directory [/home/oracle/base]
    ERROR: The ORA-48178 error is caused by the ORA-48122 error.
    ORA-48122: error with opening the ADR block file [/home/oracle/base/diag/rdbms/soto/soto/metadata/ADR_INTERNAL.mif] [0]
    ORA-27040: file create error, unable to create file
    Linux Error: 22: Invalid argument
    ERROR: Check if the directory is readable and check if the OS version is supported for ADR.
    ERROR: The process will switch back to the pre-ADR method of tracing and logging.

The directory is readable and writeable by the oracle user:
    Code:
    $ ls -ld $ORACLE_BASE/diag/rdbms/soto/soto/metadata/
    drwxr-x--- 2 oracle oinstall 4096 Oct 21 12:41 /home/oracle/base/diag/rdbms/soto/soto/metadata/

Any idea?
BTW, I've also set
Code:
SEARCH_DIRS_MASK="/home/oracle/base"

in /etc/make.conf to avoid messages from revdep-rebuild
Code:
broken /home/oracle/base/product/11.1.0/db_1/bin/cfo (requires  libclntsh.so.11.1 libnnz11.so libons.so)
  broken /home/oracle/base/product/11.1.0/db_1/bin/clscfg.bin (requires  libclntsh.so.11.1 libhasgen11.so libocr11.so libocrb11.so libocrutl11.so libskgxn2.so libuini11.so)

Thanks in advance
[Edit]: EM Database Control works without problems
keilb0ut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SIGSEGV disappeared when i increased the size of /dev/shm
shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec,size=2048M 0 0
this is for a sga=1G pga=250M system. i ran into trouble when i increased the size of the 11G sga from 500M to 1400M.
as a side effect the SIGSEGV has gone, which really seems like an Oracle bug not handling shortage on /dev/shm (or something related) too well in this case. sorry for not reporting this :)

The ADR issue (advanced diagnostic thing) is really a consequence of the sigsegv but is still a problem in itself. The line

Linux Error: 22: Invalid argument

is kind of telling, a Linux OS call is invoked with an invalid argument. This is either a platform issue or an Oracle bug. I do not have
this error but if have .mif files in the metadata directory, so that seems to be working. A platform subtlety seems therefore likely.

i guess that ora_diag_SID is throwing this ADR error and therefore generating this error, maybe you could do a strace (use strace -e file or strace -e desc to limit output) on it and combined with lsof find out on what file the error is, and what Oracle is doing with it. according to /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h
#define EINVAL 22 /* Invalid argument */
look for EINVAL in the trace output, and work your way back :)

have fun!
calvinrsmith
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to install oracle 11g 64 bit on my 64 bit gentoo however I also needed to emerge libaio (asynchronous io) and create a gcc script that was found first in the path. A bonus is that my enterprise manager does work and can be started / stopped using emctl and my browser (seamonkey) works with it correctly.

here is my gcc script, this is only needed for installing oracle, once oracle is installed you can delete this script
#!/bin/bash

if [ "$1" = "-m32" ]; then
gcc32 -L/usr/lib32 $*
else
gcc64 $*
fi
aru
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to install Oracle 11g on 64 bit Gentoo but it seems don't work...

error log:
Quote:
INFO: /lib/librt.so.1: undefined reference to `__pthread_unwind@GLIBC_PRIVATE'
collect2:
INFO: ld returned 1 exit status

INFO: make: *** [/home/oracle/app/oracle/sqlplus/bin/sqlplus] Error 1

INFO: End output from spawned process.
INFO: ----------------------------------
INFO: Exception thrown from action: make
Exception Name: MakefileException
Exception String: Error in invoking target 'install' of makefile '/home/oracle/app/oracle/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk'. See '/home/oracle/oraInventory/logs/installActions2008-02-16_05-08-25PM.log' for details.
Exception Severity: 1

emerge info:
Quote:
*** Deprecated use of action 'info', use '--info' instead
Portage 2.1.3.19 (default-linux/amd64/2007.0, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.6.1-r0, 2.6.23-gentoo-r6 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.23-gentoo-r6 x86_64 AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 254
Timestamp of tree: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:47:01 +0000
app-shells/bash: 3.2_p17-r1
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.33-r1
dev-lang/python: 2.4.4-r6
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.10-r5
sys-apps/sandbox: 1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf: 2.13, 2.61-r1
sys-devel/automake: 1.5, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils: 2.18-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool: 1.5.24
virtual/os-headers: 2.6.23-r3
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=opteron -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/X11/xkb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=opteron -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS=" #ftp://ftp.twaren.net/Linux/Gentoo/ ftp://ftp.ncnu.edu.tw/Linux/Gentoo/ ftp://ftp.isu.edu.tw/pub/Linux/Gentoo "
LINGUAS="zh_TW"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X accessibility acl acpi alsa amd64 battery berkdb bitmap-fonts bzip2 cdr cjk cli cracklib crypt cups disk-partition doc dri dvdr examples ffmpeg fontconfig fortran gdbm gpm hal iconv ipv6 isdnlog java jpeg lm_sensors midi mmx mpeg mudflap ncurses network nls nptl nptlonly ntpl odbc openmp pam pcre perl png pppd python readline reflection server session spl sse sse2 ssl tcpd threads tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode vim-with-x xml xorg xpm zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="zh_TW" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="apm ark chips cirrus cyrix dummy fbdev glint i128 i810 mach64 mga neomagic nv r128 radeon rendition s3 s3virge savage siliconmotion sis sisusb tdfx tga trident tseng v4l vesa vga via vmware voodoo"
Unset: CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PORTDIR_OVERLAY
ibins
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

same problem here, but after renaming the directories $ORACLE_HOME/lib/stubs and $ORACLE_HOME/lib32/stubs to something else, linking went fine.
btw, I have found incompatible references to "libc_nonshared.a", referenced in the files lib32/stubs/libc.so and lib32/stubs/libpthread.so. "/usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a" should be 64 bit on Gentoo!

Code:

oracle@gms2 /opt/oracle/product/11.1 $ cat lib32/stubs/libc.so
GROUP ( libc.so.6 /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a )
oracle@gms2 /opt/oracle/product/11.1 $ cat lib32/stubs/libpthread.so
/* GNU ld script
   Use the shared library, but some functions are only in
   the static library, so try that secondarily.  */
OUTPUT_FORMAT(elf32-i386)
GROUP ( libpthread.so.0 /usr/lib/libpthread_nonshared.a )
s.hase
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This are my notices with which I managed to install Oracle 11g on Gentoo amd64. Maybe they are helpful to someone. Don't forget to adjust the paths. This is not a complete HowTo, only the most important stuff.

Create user:
Code:
groupadd dba
groupadd oinstall
useradd -c "Oracle Software Owner" -g oinstall -G dba -d /home/oracle -m oracle
passwd oracle

Create Oracle directory:
Code:
mkdir -p /opt/oracle
chown -R oracle:oinstall /opt/oracle
chmod 755 /opt/oracle

/etc/security/limits.conf:
Code:
# To increase the shell limits for Oracle
oracle               soft    nofile  4096
oracle               hard    nofile  63536
oracle               soft    nproc   2047
oracle               hard    nproc   16384

/etc/profiles.d/oracle.sh:
Code:
if [ "$USER" = "oracle" ]; then
        if [ $SHELL = "/bin/ksh" ]; then
                ulimit -u 16384
                ulimit -n 63536
        else
                ulimit -u 16384 -n 63536
        fi
fi

/bin/gcc (should be removed after install):
Code:
#!/bin/bash

if [ "$1" = "-m32" ]; then
   /usr/bin/gcc -L/usr/lib32 $*
else
   /usr/bin/gcc $*
fi

As root:
Code:
/sbin/sysctl -p
emerge dev-libs/libaio
xhost +
ln -sf /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.2.3/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

Run Installer as user oracle:
Code:
export DISPLAY=":0"
./runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs

At linker errors:

${ORACLE_HOME}/lib32/stubs/libc.so:
Code:
- GROUP ( libc.so.6 /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a )
+ GROUP ( libc.so.6 /usr/lib32/libc_nonshared.a )

${ORACLE_HOME}/lib32/stubs/libpthread.so:
Code:
- GROUP ( libpthread.so.0 /usr/lib/libpthread_nonshared.a )
+ GROUP ( libpthread.so.0 /usr/lib32/libpthread_nonshared.a )

$ORACLE_HOME/lib/sysliblist:
Code:
- -ldl -lm -lpthread -lnsl -lirc -lipgo
+ -ldl -lm -lpthread -lnsl -lirc -lipgo -lrt

/etc/env.d/99oracle:
Code:
ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0
ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
ORACLE_SID='sulaco'
ORACLE_TERM=xterm
PATH=/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/bin
ROOTPATH=/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/bin

As root:
Code:
env-update

Create listener config:
Code:
netca

Create database:
Code:
dbca

/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/bin/dbstart & dbshut:
Code:
- ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER=$1
+ ORACLE_HOME_LISTNER=/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0

/etc/oratab:
Code:
- sulaco:/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0:N
+ sulaco:/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0:Y

/etc/init.d/ora.listener:
Code:
#!/sbin/runscript
#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# file /etc/init.d/ora.listener
# Startup Oracle Listeners
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------

depend() {
    need net
    after ora.database
}

start() {
    source /etc/profile.env
    ebegin "Start Oracle Listeners"
    /bin/su $ORACLE_OWNER -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start LISTENER"
    eend $? "Failed to start Oracle Listeners."
}

stop() {
    source /etc/profile.env
    ebegin "Stopping Oracle Listeners"
    /bin/su $ORACLE_OWNER -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl stop LISTENER"
    eend $? "Failed to stop Oracle Listeners."
}

/etc/init.d/ora.database:
Code:
#!/sbin/runscript
# File:    /etc/init.d/ora.database
# Purpose:  Startup Oracle Database(s) defined in /etc/oratab

depend() {
    need net logger hostname clock
}

start() {
    source /etc/profile.env

if [ ! -f $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart ]
    then
        echo "Oracle not started (no dbstart script)"
        return 1
    fi

ebegin "Starting Oracle"
    /bin/su - $ORACLE_OWNER -c $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart
    eend $? "Failed to start Oracle."
}

stop() {
    source /etc/profile.env

if [ ! -f $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut ]
    then
        echo "Oracle not stopped (no dbshut script)"
        return 1
    fi

ebegin "Stopping Oracle"
    /bin/su - $ORACLE_OWNER -c $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut
    eend $? "Failed to stop Oracle."
}

/etc/init.d/ora.console:
Code:
#!/sbin/runscript
# File:    /etc/init.d/ora.console
# Purpose:  Startup Oracle Enterprise Manager DB Console and ISQL

depend() {
    need net
    after ora.listener
}

start() {
    source /etc/profile.env
    ebegin "Start Oracle Enterprise Manager DB Console"
    /bin/su $ORACLE_OWNER -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl start dbconsole"
    eend $? "Failed to start Oracle Enterprise Manager DB Console."
}

stop() {
    source /etc/profile.env
    ebegin "Stopping Oracle Enterprise Manager DB Console"
    /bin/su $ORACLE_OWNER -c "$ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl stop dbconsole"
    eend $? "Failed to stop Oracle Enterprise Manager DB Console."
}

The only thing that is not working seems the message files, I don't know why:
Code:

Message 1070 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNSTNS-12545: Message 12545 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
 TNS-12560: Message 12560 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
  TNS-00515: Message 515 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
   Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory
ibins
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.hase wrote:
$ORACLE_HOME/lib/sysliblist:
Code:
- -ldl -lm -lpthread -lnsl -lirc -lipgo
+ -ldl -lm -lpthread -lnsl -lirc -lipgo -lrt

This seems to be a better solution for the "undefined reference to __pthread_unwind@GLIBC_PRIVATE" problem. I will test this tomorrow.

Thanks
slizo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.hase wrote:

Code:

Message 1070 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNSTNS-12545: Message 12545 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
 TNS-12560: Message 12560 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
  TNS-00515: Message 515 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=TNS
   Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory

Try to change ORACLE_HOME to '/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1'. It works for me.
s.hase
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slizo wrote:
s.hase wrote:

Code:

Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/

Try to change ORACLE_HOME to '/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1'. It works for me.

No, this would change nothing because I installed into /opt/oracle/product/11.1.0, not /opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/db_1.
goldgriff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Linker issues - Fixed see next post Reply with quote

I am attempting to install 11.2.0 and running into the same type of linker issues. Various different errors that are related to the libc.so and libpthread.so noted above. Anyone have a solution?

Last edited by goldgriff on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
goldgriff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Updates on 11.2 install Reply with quote

Modify $ORACLE_HOME/lib/stubs/libc.so
Code:
OUTPUT_FORMAT(elf32-x86-32)
GROUP ( libc.so.6 /usr/lib32/libc_nonshared.a )

Modified $ORACLE_HOME/lib/stubs/libpthread.so
Code:
OUTPUT_FORMAT(elf32-x86-32)
GROUP ( libc.so.6 /usr/lib32/libc_nonshared.a )

Added another line to /etc/profile.evn
Code:

export ORACLE_UNQNAME=orcl

So far so good.
RAPHEAD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have everything on the latest stable level for AMD64.
The "ltr" trick works for me although I still get linking errors during install.
Without the trick I have an unusable install.
danky
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed the guide here: http://www.fuzzy.cz/en/articles/installing-oracle-11g-r2-on-gentoo/ to install oracle 11g r2 on my gentoo x86 machine. There were a few differences in the install screen process, and the error popup that was warned about did show up and was corrected by the fix mentioned. However I did have another error popup during the linking phase that I could not find a solution to and ended up just clicking continue past it. It was something like:

"Error in invoking target install of makefile / opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/ctx/lib/ins_ctx.mk"

Other than that the install finished successfully.
masse
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danky wrote:
I followed the guide here: http://www.fuzzy.cz/en/articles/installing-oracle-11g-r2-on-gentoo/ to install oracle 11g r2 on my gentoo x86 machine. There were a few differences in the install screen process, and the error popup that was warned about did show up and was corrected by the fix mentioned. However I did have another error popup during the linking phase that I could not find a solution to and ended up just clicking continue past it. It was something like:

"Error in invoking target install of makefile / opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/ctx/lib/ins_ctx.mk"

Other than that the install finished successfully.

For error with ins_ctx.mk:
emerge libstdc++ (oracle installation need /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: