Alienarena fullscreen doesnt work[post needs update, ignore]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coal
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Alienarena fullscreen doesnt work[post needs update, ignore] Reply with quote

Iv neglected this post,most problems had been fixed except one as stated on the changed title
So if you are looking for a fix this aint it,sorry, just having other priorities rn but do come back in a month I should have looked over it again and so you might find a solution

Old post:

Hi again haven't been long since I last posted in this forum ;(
I've been trying to run qute litteraly any game on full screen but they refuse to work me,basically its just stack in the first frame and I either see my desktop background or a blackscreen with my WM left and top border, the only game that has worked untill now is 0ad (which if i remember correctly is windowed-fullscreen so not really the case to support...)
tried: alienarena, urbanterror, megaglest, 0ad

/etc/X11/xorg.conf
glxinfo_debug_verbose
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
emerge --info xorg-server/drivers xf86-video-intel and mesa
WM:dwm(either custom or gentoo official neither work)
CPU/GPU:Intel Pentium B960/Sandybridge

Not really in a hurry since I dont play that many games nowdays but still when I get back from work and I have some time to kill,id like to you now :)

things ive tried:
add resolution modes in xorg.conf
I removed gallium completely since "supposedly" my integrated gpu dosent support it(even tho it did on artix somehow)
tweeked some of the xorg.conf driver settings
cp'd /usr/share/something-something/drirc to /etc/drirc and ~/.drirc just in case(i now open source games but still thought i'd try)
enabled intel_agp on boot throught /etc/config.d/modules but lsmod says it is used by 0 other mods
prayed to a few religions including satanic ones
make bread to release my anger

Last edited by Coal on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coal
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cause of most of the trouble was xcompmgr itself from my xprofile,picom works fine so if you are looking for a xcompmgr solution I haven't found one( one that works for me that is google "xcompmgr glx fullscreen games" will get you about 3 solutions there, if none work try starting x using startx using a normal user account

The only game that hasen't been resolved is alienarena,which still refuses to go fullscreen will post update if fixed
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: