View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knopper
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: KDE SC 4.4: akonadi not starting Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've read through most of the threads of this forum and bugs.g.o about problems with starting kmail.
There were some instructions to update to the latest soprano, remove the .kde directory from your home dir etc. etc. I've done all that.

But although, nepomuk now starts correctly, I still have trouble starting akonadi. I'm using sqlite as db back-end though.
Here's some output when running "akonadictl start" from konsole.

Code:

Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
[akonadiserver] QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'initConnection' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
[akonadiserver] Database "/home/sander/.local/share/akonadi/akonadi.db" opened using driver "QSQLITE"                           
[akonadiserver] DbInitializer::run()                                                                                             
[akonadiserver] checking table  "SchemaVersionTable"                                                                             
[akonadiserver] checking table  "ResourceTable"                                                                                 
[akonadiserver] "Unable to add initial data to table 'ResourceTable'.                                                           
[akonadiserver] Query error: 'no such column: true Unable to execute statement'                                                 
[akonadiserver] Query was: INSERT INTO ResourceTable (name,isVirtual) VALUES ('akonadi_search_resource',true)"                   
[akonadiserver] Unable to initialize database.                                                                                   
[akonadiserver] "[                                                                                                               
[akonadiserver] 0: akonadiserver(_Z11akBacktracev+0x39) [0x40bc69]                                                               
[akonadiserver] 1: akonadiserver [0x40c1aa]                                                                                     
[akonadiserver] 2: /lib/libc.so.6 [0x7fc92bf803a0]                                                                               
[akonadiserver] 3: /lib/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x35) [0x7fc92bf80315]                                                                 
[akonadiserver] 4: /lib/libc.so.6(abort+0x181) [0x7fc92bf81811]                                                                 
[akonadiserver] 5: /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtCore.so.4(_Z17qt_message_output9QtMsgTypePKc+0x85) [0x7fc92de46bb5]                       
[akonadiserver] 6: akonadiserver(_ZN15FileDebugStream9writeDataEPKcx+0xab) [0x40d04b]                                           
[akonadiserver] 7: /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN9QIODevice5writeEPKcx+0x80) [0x7fc92ded5c90]                                 
[akonadiserver] 8: /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtCore.so.4 [0x7fc92dee540a]                                                               
[akonadiserver] 9: /usr/lib64/qt4/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN11QTextStreamD1Ev+0x39) [0x7fc92dee7209]                                     
[akonadiserver] 10: akonadiserver(_ZN6QDebugD1Ev+0x4a) [0x4076da]                                                               
[akonadiserver] 11: /usr/lib64/libakonadiprivate.so.1(_ZN7Akonadi13AkonadiServerC1EP7QObject+0x5fa) [0x7fc92e2bcd8a]             
[akonadiserver] 12: /usr/lib64/libakonadiprivate.so.1(_ZN7Akonadi13AkonadiServer8instanceEv+0x47) [0x7fc92e2bdb47]               
[akonadiserver] 13: akonadiserver(main+0x2df) [0x406cff]                                                                         
[akonadiserver] 14: /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe6) [0x7fc92bf6ca26]                                                     
[akonadiserver] 15: akonadiserver(_ZNSt8ios_base4InitD1Ev+0x41) [0x406929]

Anyone with the same issue? Or even better, anyone who knows of a solution? :P
CaptainHero
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to have the "mysql" USE flag enabled for qt-sql, that's what I had to change to get akonadi working.

Code:
equery u qt-sql
[ Searching for packages matching qt-sql... ]
[ Colour Code : set unset ]
[ Legend : Left column  (U) - USE flags from make.conf              ]
[        : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
[ Found these USE variables for x11-libs/qt-sql-4.6.1 ]
 U I
 - - aqua       : Include support for the Aqua / Carbon GUI
 - - debug      : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
 - - firebird   : Adds support for the Firebird relational database
 + + iconv      : Enable support for the iconv character set conversion library
 + + mysql      : Adds mySQL Database support
 - - odbc       : Adds ODBC Support (Open DataBase Connectivity)
 - - pch        : Enable precompiled header support for faster compilation at the expense of disk space and memory (>=sys-devel/gcc-3.4 only)
 - - postgres   : Adds support for the postgresql database
 + + qt3support : Enable the Qt3Support libraries for Qt4
 - + sqlite     : Adds support for sqlite - embedded sql database
knopper
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, switching to mysql did the trick! Thanks for the suggestion!
I.C.Wiener
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not need to switch to mysql.
SQLite doesn't seem to like the insert statement. To fix this go to your akonadi config dir and insert the data manually:
Code:

$ cd ~/.local/share/akonadi
$ sqlite3 akonadi.db
sqlite> INSERT INTO ResourceTable (name, isVirtual) VALUES ('akonadi_search_resource', 1);
sqlite> .exit

Now it should come up (or throw another error message if more stuff is broken)
Nikoli
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I.C.Wiener, thanks, it helped.
Opened bug https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=238773
I.C.Wiener
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, lets see what the kde-devs say. I think in the past they claimed that only mysql is capable of handling all the data in my addressbook.
So far I only have about ~50 contacts and sqlite seems to be doing fine, but who knows what happens if it grows... I guess then I might have to switch to the "real" database after all :D
Plague.CZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nikoli, you're my saviour, used your direct sqlite statement to make it work.

Is this for real or are kde-devs just pulling my leg? MySQL for a freaking e-mail client?
cruzki123
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What its the point to put sqlite as default useflag of akonadi-server if it didn't work?¿?¿?¿? can someone explain my?
reavertm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update to 1.4.0-r2
cruzki123
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I update an I have got ride of mysql in my system... but ussing kdepim-4.5 any pim application works.

I mean, akonady-server is up and ready. I can put akonady resurses too but neither kmail nor kaddressbook nor korganicer take them. In their config files appears but in the interfaces dont. So no contacts, no emails and no appointmess :(

I have tried recompiling (im not sure about if the order matters) and whipping all akonadi config files in .config/akonadi and .local/share/akonadi wth no luck.
And the worst problem is with kmail. I have this error every time I start kmail:

Code:

cruzki@artemisa ~/.local/share $ kmail2(19143)/libakonadi Akonadi::GetLockJob::Private::timeout: Timeout trying to get lock.
kmail2(19143)/libakonadi Akonadi::SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::lockResult: Failed to get lock: "Timeout trying to get lock."
kmail2(19143) KMKernel::emergencyExit: "KMail encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
The error was:
Timeout trying to get lock."

Any idea? Should I bug upstream?
Nikoli
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirm, upgrade to app-office/akonadi-server-1.4.0-r2 solved problem. Kmail from kde 4.4.5 works fine, for new users too :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: