12%  [ 1 ]
Labour+LibDem
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: UK General Election 2015 Reply with quote

Well its that time again... with this general election marking the 1st that does not have to be dissolved by the queen (as it is now fixed-term & the gov'n no longer has the ability to call a snap election). Equally a close one since the labour party came into existence fighting along side the Lib's and the tories.

So who will win?

A rundown of the main points of the highest sitting MP's can be found here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29642613

An interesting resource is: http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/man.htm listing the manifesto's of every listed party since the end of WW2, even those single sitting parties like: MagnaCarta Party or the Citizens for Undead R & E

The total list of parties for the 2010 election is here: http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/ge10/man10.htm not bad for a "two party system"
the table is made from wood. forget what you learnt, the table is made from carbon. forget what you learnt, the table is made from protons. forget what you learnt, the table is made from quarks. forget what you learnt, the table is good for shagging on
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torries & UKIP, if the UK voting public wises up. Eventually, more UKIP and fewer Torries.
el muchacho
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are... politics posing with their kids, their dogs, in their kitchen... i guess it's election time. :roll:

"Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other."

- Oscar Ameringer
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best result is UKIP, having to be realistic, Conservatives with a serious kick up the backside from UKIP gains.

I am genuinely terrified about Labour achieving office.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got no home in this election.

the greens are in la-la land. UKIP are idiots, as are the tories. Labour will be like being in labour for 5 years.

what I find interesting about this election is that the biggest problem that's facing this country (at least my part of the country), namely housing, is an issue that every major party is completely silent on. Except the greens, who are more welfare, more council housing.

I might vote green however. they want to decriminalize pot, which is about the only sensible thing any party is saying.
arnvidr
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what any of the parties are about, but you need to get rid of your absolutely insane PM at the least.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Torries & UKIP, if the UK voting public wises up. Eventually, more UKIP and fewer Torries.
I couldn't imagine anything worse.

There are no decent parties and no decent leaders, just a bunch of substitute teachers. What I wouldn't do for Obama right now...

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butts McCokey wrote:
What I wouldn't do for Obama right now...

:lol:
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Butts McCokey wrote:
What I wouldn't do for Obama right now...

:lol:
He's like Thatcher compared to the leaders of the political parties in the UK right now.

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi

Cold is gods way to tell us to burn more Catholics
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Best result is UKIP, having to be realistic, Conservatives with a serious kick up the backside from UKIP gains.

I am genuinely terrified about Labour achieving office.

Those great stewards of the economy (Cons. Emphasis on "Con") have just extended right to buy, aka biggest scam on earth. That alone would make me want to vote labour.

This election seems to be one big bribe job after another. How can anyone possibly like the conservatives? (note: I hate labour).
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll is not HMES compliant, especially since it doesn't include the most likely outcome: a hung parliament.

I predict a hung parliament with the Tories or Lib Dems emerging with a small (i.e. statistically insignificant and politically moot) majority.
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
The poll is not HMES compliant, especially since it doesn't include the most likely outcome: a hung parliament.

I predict a hung parliament with the Tories or Lib Dems emerging with a small (i.e. statistically insignificant and politically moot) majority.
I actually added "hung parliament" as that is the likely outcome. There was also a number of other options. But this dated forum doesn't allow for more than 7 options. Now considering the UK "as a 2 party system" has something like 100 parties for this election... ;)
the table is made from wood. forget what you learnt, the table is made from carbon. forget what you learnt, the table is made from protons. forget what you learnt, the table is made from quarks. forget what you learnt, the table is good for shagging on
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
This election seems to be one big bribe job after another. How can anyone possibly like the conservatives? (note: I hate labour).

All elections are, I'd give more credence to any party that actually told the whole truth warts and all.

'Course the masses wouldn't vote for them, because they believe that things should be better for them without any pain whatsoever. World don't work like that.

That's why the tories are about the best of the worst, aside from a UKIP landslide. Plus we should (ha) get an EU referendum at some point with them.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
juniper wrote:

All elections are, I'd give more credence to any party that actually told the whole truth warts and all.

'Course the masses wouldn't vote for them, because they believe that things should be better for them without any pain whatsoever. World don't work like that.

That's why the tories are about the best of the worst, aside from a UKIP landslide. Plus we should (ha) get an EU referendum at some point with them.

29 billion apparently the bribe will cost. it's a shocking disregard for public assets that disproportionately benefits a few.

you are really whitewashing the whole thing. they aren't telling the whole story, warts and all. they should be saying we are bribing voters with public assets and exacerbating the housing crisis.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the U.S., our politicians don't use words like "exacerbating", because half of the public would think they were saying something dirty.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God does kill a kitten every time you exacerbate. It's hardly hard diction.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Plus we should (ha) get an EU referendum at some point with them.

They've already had 5 years to hold an EU referendum, they could even hold it at the same time as the general elections, but they don't because they've no interest in holding a referendum, it really wont happen without a UKIP coalition forcing their hand.
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Plus we should (ha) get an EU referendum at some point with them.

They've already had 5 years to hold an EU referendum, they could even hold it at the same time as the general elections, but they don't because they've no interest in holding a referendum, it really wont happen without a UKIP coalition forcing their hand.
EU are planning on blocking any treaty negotiations so rather than an IN/OUT vote depending on the outcome of pulling powers back it will be an IN/OUT vote
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time for the old in-out, love. I've just come to read the meter.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
No time for the old in-out, love. I've just come to read the meter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
you are really whitewashing the whole thing. they aren't telling the whole story, warts and all. they should be saying we are bribing voters with public assets and exacerbating the housing crisis.

You misunderstand, I'm saying all parties are peddling the usual bribes (Lib Dems something about grandparents being entitled to paternity/maternity leave to help their children out). Given the choice, I'd choose the Conservatives for the economy alone.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
juniper wrote:

You misunderstand, I'm saying all parties are peddling the usual bribes (Lib Dems something about grandparents being entitled to paternity/maternity leave to help their children out). Given the choice, I'd choose the Conservatives for the economy alone.

so you are ok with the govt just giving away 29 billion in assets?

that's mighty liberal of you.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
juniper wrote:

so you are ok with the govt just giving away 29 billion in assets?

that's mighty liberal of you.

Didn't actually say that.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: