View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuura
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: xorg-server-1-7.6 fails to compile [SOLVED] Reply with quote

So, I have a bit of a problem in my hands: xorg-server fails to compile. I did a system update (after two years) a couple months ago, and now I decided to update xorg-server, as well. I had some ancient version, but it worked just fine until some programs began depending on newer versions of it.

Simply put, I have no idea how to fix this. I attempted installing version 1.6.5-r1, but that didn't build due to some different error. I also have uninstalled the nvidia drivers and eselect opengl set xorg-x11 just to make sure they aren't interfering with the installation.

I'd be happy indeed if somebody knew what to do. :) It's just that not only does infrequent updating make the inevitable more difficult and time-consuming system-wise, it won't benefit the user much when problems arise.

Here's some info:
emerge -pqv: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/242234/

emerge --info: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/242235

Build log: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/242236

Thank you in advance!

edit: Oh, and in the build log some text is in Finnish (I'd prefer if it wasn't, or at least that the characters worked properly). At the end, starting with GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE_EXT it says that it hasn't been introduced, and is used for the first time in the function.

Last edited by kuura on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think opengl trouble rebuild or update mesa & retry

and you should sanitize your cflags, specially when you encounter a build failure.
kuura
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krinn wrote:
i think opengl trouble rebuild or update mesa & retry

and you should sanitize your cflags, specially when you encounter a build failure.

Thank you for answering.

Could you elaborate what you mean by "opengl trouble rebuild"? A similar issue in another topic was solved by re-emerging eselect-opengl, but it didn't do a thing for me.

I tuned the CFLAGS to "-march=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe", but it still failed at the very same spot.

I've also tried different versions of Mesa as well as unmerging and then emerging it. It suggests 7.8.2, and I've also tried 7.5.2 and 7.7.1.

Actually there was almost four years between gcc updates and two and half since the last xorg-server update.
gerard27
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried revdep-rebuild -p?
Gerard.
http://www.sysresccd.org/Download
kuura
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerard82 wrote:
Have you tried revdep-rebuild -p?
Gerard.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did update libpng from 1.2 to 1.4, and that might've caused the error because it broke a bunch of packages. I'll report back when I get it to run clean.

It might very well be the key!
kuura
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revdep-rebuild runs clean now, but the error still persists. I also ran lafilefixer --justfixit, and that's clean, too.
kuura
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved!

It emerged fine after I fixed the various libGL symlinks in /usr/lib/. They were probably left in disarray after doing a rogue install of nvidia-drivers.

Now, the only problem is the messed up keymap I have in X and can't seem to fix it (loadkeys doesn't do the trick).

Anyways, the original problem is solved.

Thank you for your help!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: