Portage and updates.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir_Stinksalot
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Portage and updates. Reply with quote

Just curious if there is a cure for my little problem. I haven't seen it mentioned around the forums but that don't mean it ain't there. Lots of info and poor search skills could leave it lost forever to me.

Anyway My problem is that I installed xine and it worked fine. I decided to since I got my ide-scsi emulation to work I thought I would give my dvd a spin. Well I need xine-dvdnav and libdvdnav and the like. So I emerge sync no outdated packages and a quick emerge -p xine-dvdnav yields a couple of things to emerge and it looks ok to me so I emerge xine-dvdnav. When its done xine no longer works. So I try to re-emerge xine and it says no. So I do an emerge sync and boom portage needs to be updated doh. Is this like a freak thing like getting struck by lightning or is this something that might be able to be avoided?

Should I have done this differently. Is what I am seeing actually the problem? Or did I miss something?

Anyway just thought I would ask.
Z?
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unmerge all of xine-ui, xine-lib, xine-dvdnav (and any other xine plugins you added).

Add 'dvd' to your use flags, and re-merge xine-lib and xine-ui.
Sir_Stinksalot
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my prob was trying to use new and old packages combined I guess. It must be time to do an emerge -U deep world or something like that? What do you use as a system wide upgrade?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: