Problem with dual output on Nvidia Geforce4 ti 4400
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir_Stinksalot
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Problem with dual output on Nvidia Geforce4 ti 4400 Reply with quote

Hi guys! I have asked about this in the past with no luck but everyonce in a while a little experimentation yields a little more info to include in asking. Now maybe someone can help with this new tidbit of info.

Originally I put one of the ut2003 demo cd's in and my screen went blank when x started. Then I realized it didn't go blank but switched to the other output on my leadtek geforce4 ti 4400. Then I realized that now it only switches when I have a monitor plugged into both the normal vga output and the DVI output. It looks like the nvidia drivers default to DVI if it detects something is plugged into it. I was wandering if any of you gurus out there new a way to override this, so that my vga output can always be my default screen. I do not use twinview or xinerama at the moment. I use them in windows but not Gentoo yet. Thanks for your help.

P.S. I would also like to be able to set up my computer with dual monitors. What is the better way when one card is used twinview or xinerama. I would prefer to have ultimately it set up to have one monitor as standard but the other as just additional space. Like in windows. I do not like when the monitors act as one and all the windows pop up right in the middle between the two. Is this possible?
DanzaTheManza
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at all certain about this, but do the 2 outputs use different bus addresses? A cat /proc/pci should report it if that's the case, and then you can directly specify the outputs in XF86Config.

Beyond that, my feeble brain can't think of anything else. Hopefully, someone who has a dual output nvidia will happen by the thread.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: