Portage disk space checking.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazelnut
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:11 am    Post subject: Portage disk space checking. Reply with quote

How easy would it be for portage to detect low disk space and remove downloaded tarballs / compile trees (created by portage) to allow the current compile to continue?

I have installed Gentoo on a 1.2Gb disk and the kde build failed last night on the 2nd package, XFree. All I had was the default install (stage3, precompiled) and nvi and it ran outta space. looks like I need to clean space and merge most of the deps manually.. or add more disk space.

/ has about 920Meg, and I have to say I was surprised at the size on disk of the basic Gentoo distro. I assume much of it is the Kernel src tree, and will analyse further once KDE and Konq are up and running.

Andy
impaler
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: It gets worse down on the road Reply with quote

I'd like to see some disk checking too. I know it's different for different filesystems and compiler flags but I don't need up-to-the-last-byte precision.
I have 2Gb disk and I set /var/tmp/portage on it's own partition - I was able to install OK.
Now I want to update and I found that I can't have 2 copies of Xfree.
How big disk should I have to upgrade gnome ? :?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: