Installing app-antivirus/clamav-0.96 fails
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xces
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Installing app-antivirus/clamav-0.96 fails Reply with quote

Hi,

when trying to emerge app-antivirus/clamav-0.96 (EDIT: app-antivirus/clamav-0.96.1 fails, too) the build process always fails at the same point: when linking clamscan.

Exact message (complete build log):
Code:

CCLD   clamscan
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.6, needed by ../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `vtable for std::basic_streambuf<char, std::char_traits<char> >@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::copy(char*, unsigned int, unsigned int) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::append(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `operator new[](unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >::init(std::basic_streambuf<char, std::char_traits<char> >*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::rfind(char, unsigned int) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `VTT for std::basic_stringstream<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::assign(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_Rep::_M_destroy(std::allocator<char> const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::push_back(char)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::resize(unsigned int, char)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::substr(unsigned int, unsigned int) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_Rep::_M_dispose(std::allocator<char> const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, std::nothrow_t const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, int)@GLIBCXX_3.4.9'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::locale::locale()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_guard_release@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::_Rb_tree_decrement(std::_Rb_tree_node_base*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_M_leak()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::append(char const*, unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::compare(unsigned int, unsigned int, char const*) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::locale::~locale()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_guard_acquire@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::__throw_logic_error(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::nothrow@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::_Rb_tree_decrement(std::_Rb_tree_node_base const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_info@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_end_catch@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_rethrow@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::compare(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::_Rb_tree_increment(std::_Rb_tree_node_base*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::compare(unsigned int, unsigned int, char const*, unsigned int) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::assign(char const*, unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::ios_base()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_M_mutate(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::reserve(unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `vtable for std::basic_stringbuf<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_Rep::_S_empty_rep_storage@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_M_replace_aux(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, char)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::_Rb_tree_increment(std::_Rb_tree_node_base const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `vtable for std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `vtable for std::basic_stringstream<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_stringbuf<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::str() const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `VTT for std::basic_ostringstream<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::replace(unsigned int, unsigned int, char const*, unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `vtable for std::basic_ostringstream<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, unsigned int, unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::find(char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `operator delete[](void*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for std::bad_alloc@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::__throw_out_of_range(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int, std::nothrow_t const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::_Rb_tree_rebalance_for_erase(std::_Rb_tree_node_base*, std::_Rb_tree_node_base&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::find(char, unsigned int) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(unsigned int, char, std::allocator<char> const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::compare(char const*) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(char const*, std::allocator<char> const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_Rep::_S_create(unsigned int, unsigned int, std::allocator<char> const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::__throw_length_error(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_M_leak_hard()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_begin_catch@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::~ios_base()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__vmi_class_type_info@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_pure_virtual@CXXABI_1.3'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::rfind(char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int) const@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::__throw_bad_alloc()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::basic_string(char const*, unsigned int, std::allocator<char> const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::append(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::_Rb_tree_insert_and_rebalance(bool, std::_Rb_tree_node_base*, std::_Rb_tree_node_base*, std::_Rb_tree_node_base&)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::assign(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >::clear(std::_Ios_Iostate)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so: undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::clear()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [clamscan] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/app-antivirus/clamav-0.96/work/clamav-0.96/clamscan'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/app-antivirus/clamav-0.96/work/clamav-0.96'
make: *** [all] Error 2

There is a bug report far a similar bug in ClamAV's bugzilla. The issue has been fixed in ClamAV 0.96.1, but unfortunately clamav-0.96.1 (from my overlay, not in portage) generates the exact same error message during the build process.

I ran lafilefixer but it didn't help. I've even completely rebuilt my toolchain (binutils, glibc, gcc) but it didn't help. Has anyone encountered the same problem or has any idea how to fix it? The problem only occurs when building clamav. Other C++ applications (like MySQL) can be built without a problem.

More information about my system:
Code:
# emerge --info
Portage 2.1.8.3 (default/linux/x86/10.0, gcc-4.4.3, glibc-2.11.1-r0,
2.6.29-hardened i686)
=================================================================
System uname:
Linux-2.6.29-hardened-i686-AMD_Athlon-tm-_64_X2_Dual_Core_Processor_4400+-with-gentoo-2.0.1
Timestamp of tree: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:30:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:     4.1_p7
dev-lang/python:     2.6.5-r2, 3.1.2-r3
dev-util/cmake:      2.6.4-r3
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.1
sys-apps/openrc:     0.6.1-r1
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.65
sys-devel/automake:  1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.20.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:       4.4.3-r2
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.6b
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.33
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d
/etc/eselect/postgresql /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release
/etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/
/etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo
/etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="assume-digests distlocks fixpackages news parallel-fetch
protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict suidctl unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans
userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://update.onlinehome-server.info/distribution/gentoo/gentoo
ftp://de-mirror.org/distro/gentoo"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="de"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress
--force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles
--exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/custom"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="acl bash-completion berkdb bzip2 caps cli cracklib crypt curl fastcgi gdbm
hardened iconv idn ipv6 jpeg lzma maildir mmx ncurses nls nptl nptlonly openmp
pam pcre png postgres readline session smp sse sse2 ssl svg sysfs tcpd threads
truetype unicode vim-syntax x86 xattr xml zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000
atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938
es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx
via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop
empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul
mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions
alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file
authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user
autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires
ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache
mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir
usertrack proxy proxy_ajp proxy_http" APACHE2_MPMS="worker" ELIBC="glibc"
INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz
cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="de"
RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev glint intel mach64 mga
neomagic nv r128 radeon savage sis tdfx trident vesa via vmware voodoo"
XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface
geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac
delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK,
PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Code:
# stat /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/libstdc++.so.6
  File: `/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/libstdc++.so.6' ->
`libstdc++.so.6.0.13'
  Size: 19              Blocks: 0          IO Block: 4096   symbolic link
Device: 907h/2311d      Inode: 36426407    Links: 1
Access: (0777/lrwxrwxrwx)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: 2010-05-20 17:25:24.543621311 +0200
Modify: 2010-05-20 16:46:08.040622019 +0200
Change: 2010-05-20 16:46:08.040622019 +0200

# stat /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/libstdc++.so.6.0.13
  File: `/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/libstdc++.so.6.0.13'
  Size: 954472          Blocks: 1872       IO Block: 4096   regular file
Device: 907h/2311d      Inode: 63506466    Links: 1
Access: (0755/-rwxr-xr-x)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: 2010-05-21 14:17:18.991621553 +0200
Modify: 2010-05-21 11:32:36.192625294 +0200
Change: 2010-05-21 11:32:55.847621284 +0200

Code:
# uname -a
Linux example.com 2.6.29-hardened #2 SMP Wed May 27 17:49:57 CEST 2009 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Code:
# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with:
/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.4.3-r2/work/gcc-4.4.3/configure --prefix=/usr
--bindir=/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.4.3
--includedir=/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/include
--datadir=/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3
--mandir=/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/man
--infodir=/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/info
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/include/g++-v4
--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --disable-altivec
--disable-fixed-point --without-ppl --without-cloog --enable-nls
--without-included-gettext --with-system-zlib --disable-checking
--disable-werror --enable-secureplt --disable-multilib --enable-libmudflap
--disable-libssp --enable-libgomp --enable-cld
--with-python-dir=/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/python
--disable-libgcj --with-arch=i686 --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-shared
--enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu
--with-bugurl=http://bugs.gentoo.org/ --with-pkgversion='Gentoo 4.4.3-r2 p1.2'
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.4.3 (Gentoo 4.4.3-r2 p1.2)

Bug report in Gentoo's bugzilla: Bug #320743

Last edited by xces on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
eyoung100
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Installing app-antivirus/clamav-0.96 fails Reply with quote

xces wrote:

More information about my system:
Code:
# emerge --info
Portage 2.1.8.3 (default/linux/x86/10.0, gcc-4.4.3, glibc-2.11.1-r0,
2.6.29-hardened i686)
=================================================================
System uname:
Linux-2.6.29-hardened-i686-AMD_Athlon-tm-_64_X2_Dual_Core_Processor_4400+-with-gentoo-2.0.1
Timestamp of tree: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:30:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:     4.1_p7
dev-lang/python:     2.6.5-r2, 3.1.2-r3
dev-util/cmake:      2.6.4-r3
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.1
sys-apps/openrc:     0.6.1-r1Portage 2.1.8.3 (default/linux/x86/10.0
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.65
sys-devel/automake:  1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.20.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:       4.4.3-r2
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.6b
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.33
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer"

Could you please post the output of:
Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo

From looking at your emerge --info, I believe you have a toolchain mismatch. This may have happened when you rebuilt your toolchain:
Code:
Portage 2.1.8.3 (default/linux/x86/10.0 ... )

You cannot use a 64 bit Kernel on a 32 bit profile. Try this:Changing the CHOST variable

and then update your profile using
Code:
eselect profile list
in which you will see something like the following:
Code:
 Available profile symlink targets:
  [1]   default/linux/amd64/10.0
  [2]   default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop
  [3]   default/linux/amd64/10.0/developer
  [4]   default/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib
  [5]   default/linux/amd64/10.0/server
  [6]   hardened/linux/amd64/10.0
  [7]   hardened/linux/amd64/10.0/no-multilib
  [8]   selinux/2007.0/amd64
  [9]   selinux/2007.0/amd64/hardened
  [10]  selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64
  [11]  selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/desktop
  [12]  selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/developer
  [13]  selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/hardened
  [14]  selinux/v2refpolicy/amd64/server

and then you want to set it to the hardened 64 bit profile ( in the example 6, unless you want pure 64-bit, 7)
Code:
eselect profile set 6

then update /etc/make.conf:
Code:
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"

then:
Code:
emerge -e world

Registerd Linux User #363735
Adopt a Post | Strip Comments| Emerge Wrapper
xces
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Installing app-antivirus/clamav-0.96 fails Reply with quote

eyoung100 wrote:
From looking at your emerge --info, I believe you have a toolchain mismatch.

No, I don't. I think what irritates you is the "64" in the kernel description, but that's only part of the CPU model name. I'm running a pure 32-bit operating system (i686).
Hu

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Installing app-antivirus/clamav-0.96 fails Reply with quote

eyoung100 wrote:
You cannot use a 64 bit Kernel on a 32 bit profile.
This is incorrect. If a 64 bit kernel has support for IA32 emulation, you can run with nothing but IA32 binaries. I did this on one system as a transitional measure until I had time to reinstall it as a full 64 bit profile. The SysRescueCD also takes this approach. They ship both 32 bit and 64 bit kernels, but ship only a 32 bit user environment to save space. This allows people to boot the 64 bit kernel and chroot into a hard drive installed with as a 64 bit user environment.
eyoung100 wrote:
Try this:Changing the CHOST variable
and then update your profile using
Code:
eselect profile list
in which you will see something like the following:
and then you want to set it to the hardened 64 bit profile ( in the example 6, unless you want pure 64-bit, 7)
Code:
eselect profile set 6

then update /etc/make.conf:
Code:
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"

then:
Code:
emerge -e world
No! That guide deals specifically with changing the CHOST within a given architecture, such as converting from x86 i486 to x86 i686. It does not address converting from amd64 to x86 or vice versa. Attempting to do so will probably break the system. There have been intermittent anecdotes of people who successfully converted a system in place, but it is generally considered to be easier to install the new architecture in a new partition, reboot over to it, and then delete the files of the old architecture.
xces
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: