Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drizek wrote:
I was reading in the Economist that the Grens stood a chance in Brighton this year. Seems like the logical choice to me. I really don't think Cameron is qualified to run a country. MY impression is that world leaders all look down on him whenever he tries to visit them.
Quote:

Barack Obama's meeting with Tory leader David Cameron in London earlier this year left the Democratic nominee "distinctly unimpressed", it has been claimed.
According to diplomatic sources Mr Obama, now the president-elect of the United States, emerged from the meeting in July with the words: "What a lightweight."
I'd say that's about right. He's trying to align himself with the old thatcherites to look better

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Well you're never going to find me voting for BNP or UKIP so it looks like the Liberal Democrats represent me the most

Who can say whatever they want, 'cause they'll never get in.

If the Tories had a stronger leader - Thatcher, Widdecombe (even listened to Hague and he seems to have a bit more oomph than last time). Then yes, I'd probably put my vote that way. As it stands, well fringe parties again I suppose.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Well you're never going to find me voting for BNP or UKIP so it looks like the Liberal Democrats represent me the most

If the Tories had a stronger leader - Thatcher, Widdecombe (even listened to Hague and he seems to have a bit more oomph than last time). Then yes, I'd probably put my vote that way. As it stands, well fringe parties again I suppose.
That's possibly why i'm voting for the Lib Dems. They deserve to be the 2nd party in England

drizek
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

BNP?
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

Normally I would agree, however the problem with fringe voting atm is the distinct possibility of a hung parliament and this country /really/ cannot have that. Just like America we are on the verge of losing our AAA rating, A hung parliament will essentially result in an indecisive parliament with every single gov'n policy/suggestion running the risk of being voted down investors will not like the uncertainty of the UK politics.

Losing AAA will mean will not only mean it is harder for us to reduce our public debt, but it means we lose alot of international influence as we have to start being less choosy about who we do business with. No more: "oh no we can't do business with you, you are a baddie"

The way the world economy is and politics is a hung parliament is THE worst thing that could happen! shite I would rather have labour back in then have a hung
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.

Last edited by Naib on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drizek wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

BNP?
British Nazi Party

John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drizek wrote:
BNP?

Or Veritas, UKip - possibly the Greens, maybe even The Christian party :wink:

Got to be careful pegging your colours too firmly to the mast living in the UK. Certain political affiliations are somewhat oppressed.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
drizek wrote:
BNP?

Got to be careful pegging your colours too firmly to the mast living in the UK. Certain political affiliations are somewhat oppressed.
BNP + UKIP = Nazi

John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
drizek wrote:
BNP?

BNP + UKIP = Nazi

I also mentioned the Greens you know.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
drizek wrote:
BNP?

BNP + UKIP = Nazi

I also mentioned the Greens you know.
You'd really vote for them?

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: