View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FizzyWidget
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have decided to test this out on my laptop while i am away so i can solve the issue when i get back from travelling.

After checking apaches logs (was using lighttpd) and it shows

Code:
[Tue Dec 14 14:24:15 2010] [error] [client 192.168.0.73] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function query_col() on a non-object in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/modules/backend_log/init.php on line 19, referer: http://192.168.0.73/mythweb/

[Tue Dec 14 14:24:15 2010] [error] [client 192.168.0.73] File does not exist: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/skin_url, referer: http://192.168.0.73/mythweb/mythweb.php

The line it refers to is

$enabled = $db->query_col('SELECT SUM(data) FROM settings WHERE value="LogEnabled"');

I know its not a database connection issue as the database has be populated with information and mythfilldatabase works.

Any one know when mythtv-0.24 will hit the portage tree, either unstable or stable?
ld1982a
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally tried to upgrade out of .21, but it seems mythtv .22 (the one in the portage tree) doesn't like qt4.7:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=367391

Is there a version that works with qt4.7 in portage, or should I move to an overlay that I've seen some people talk about?

Can I skip .22 if I've fixed the database?

I haven't touched this myth box in a *long* time because it has been working. I don't know the proper way to use gentoo and mythtv because I haven't thought about it in a while.

Thanks for any tips.
prf84
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: QT 3 support in QT 4.7 Reply with quote

ld1982a wrote:
I've finally tried to upgrade out of .21, but it seems mythtv .22 (the one in the portage tree) doesn't like qt4.7:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=367391

Is there a version that works with qt4.7 in portage, or should I move to an overlay that I've seen some people talk about?

Can I skip .22 if I've fixed the database?

I haven't touched this myth box in a *long* time because it has been working. I don't know the proper way to use gentoo and mythtv because I haven't thought about it in a while.

Thanks for any tips.

Try adding this to: /etc/portage/package.use
Code:
x11-libs/qt-core qt3support
x11-libs/qt-sql qt3support mysql
x11-libs/qt-gui qt3support tiff dbus xinerama
x11-libs/qt-opengl qt3support
x11-libs/qt-phonon qt3support

ld1982a
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: QT 3 support in QT 4.7 Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

It has been a little while, but I think I ended up unmasking .23 (at that point it wasn't stable yet and I like to keep my mythbox on stable). That seemed to fix it.
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way back at the move from 0.21 to 0.22, I masked things so that I could manage the upgrade on my own time, and a rough upgrade it was. I had partial corruption of my database, and a bit of a rocky road getting back from that. Things have run well since then, and I'm currently running 0.24.1 out of the upstream "overlay". (not really an overlay, but like one)

Way back when, I also masked ">=dev-db/mysql-5.1". I saw a notice about mysql-5.1 and a migration guide, but no specifics, and never got a round tuit. More recently I've seen a notice about mysql-5.5, no migration guide, and a notice that mysql-5.0 is at death's door, radioactive, and all that.

Does anyone have any advice about mysql upgrade? I presume I should take it 5.0 -> 5.1 and then 5.1 -> 5.5, but I'd like to hear of any experiences. Did the binary database upgrade in-place, or did you have to reload from a backup, etc?
depontius
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this thread just popped back to life I'll throw a little update in...

I've had my MythTV recordings going onto a 1TB drive. A bit over a year ago SMART started reporting bad sectors, so I ordered a replacement drive. By the time the drive came, the reports stopped. I wasn't fully using the drive, and I'm guessing that it grabbed some sectors from unused space, degraded my total capacity slightly, and fixed itself. So the new drive sat on the shelf.

Fast-forward to a few months ago. I wanted to move things around a bit, and started building another server - this time consolodating MythTV with the traditional server functions. I got part of the way there, and then got busy around Christmas time, and let it all sit on the bench. But at least the new 1TB drive was in and spinning.

Fast-forward to last week. One day SMART reported that my 1TB drive had disappeared. I figured I had maybe one shot - that rebooting might bring the drive back, for a limited time. So I did a little work on the new machine, then rebooted the old. The old drive came back, so I started rsync'ing it over to the new drive on the new machine. It took somewhere between 12 and 24 hours to move about 700GB. Then I moved my database, updating the hostname. The MythTV backend came back up on the new machine. I had one false start, where I forgot to change the permissions on the root of the new drive, but after fixing that, all was well.

IIRC, the new MythTV installation has no masks, no keyword overrides, etc. Straight vanilla. I haven't moved from MySQL to MariaDB, yet.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: