xpdf-3.02-r4 failed to compile for am64 architecture
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlakeJob
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: xpdf-3.02-r4 failed to compile for am64 architecture Reply with quote

I've read of recent xpdf issues and poppler but the version i'm trying to compile, r4, is not supposed to have issues. Any ideas what is going on or if I should file a bug? I'm running amd64 architecture and i've tried reinstalling poppler.

Code:

* CPV:  app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4
 * REPO: gentoo
 * USE:  amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux multilib userland_GNU
 * Suppressing warning overload with -Wno-write-strings
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking xpdf-3.02-poppler-20071121.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4/work
>>> Unpacking xpdf-3.02-patchset-02.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4/work
>>> Preparing source in /var/tmp/portage/app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4/work/xpdf-3.02-poppler ...
 * Applying various patches (bugfixes/updates) ...
 *   00_all_xpdf-poppler-i18n.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 *   05_all_xpdf-poppler-search-non-ascii.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 *   10_all_xpdf-poppler-cut-and-paste-default-output-encoding.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 *   15_all_xpdf-poppler-crash-in-japanese-locale.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 *   20_all_xpdf-poppler-add-and-subtract-key-binding.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 *   25_all_xpdf-poppler-poppler-0.10.0.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 *   30_all_xpdf-poppler-cxx-flags.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 *   35_all_xpdf-poppler-xpdfrc.5-reference.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 *   45_all_xpdf-poppler-private-textpage-destructor.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 *   50_all_xpdf-poppler-getCMap-arguments.patch ...
  [ ok ]
 * Done with patching
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in /var/tmp/portage/app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4/work/xpdf-3.02-poppler ...
>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4/work/xpdf-3.02-poppler ...
make
g++ -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -DSYSTEM_XPDFRC="\"/etc/xpdfrc\"" -Wno-write-strings -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo -I/usr/include/poppler/splash -DHAVE_DIRENT_H  -c -o CoreOutputDev.o CoreOutputDev.cc
g++ -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -DSYSTEM_XPDFRC="\"/etc/xpdfrc\"" -Wno-write-strings -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo -I/usr/include/poppler/splash -DHAVE_DIRENT_H  -c -o GlobalParams.o GlobalParams.cc
g++ -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -DSYSTEM_XPDFRC="\"/etc/xpdfrc\"" -Wno-write-strings -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo -I/usr/include/poppler/splash -DHA
VE_DIRENT_H  -c -o ImageOutputDev.o ImageOutputDev.cc
g++ -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -DSYSTEM_XPDFRC="\"/etc/xpdfrc\"" -Wno-write-strings -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo -I/usr/include/poppler/splash -DHA
VE_DIRENT_H  -c -o PDFCore.o PDFCore.cc
VE_DIRENT_H  -c -o XPDFApp.o XPDFApp.cc
VE_DIRENT_H  -c -o XPDFCore.o XPDFCore.cc
XPDFCore.cc: In member function 'void XPDFCore::doAction(LinkAction*)':
XPDFCore.cc:565: warning: ignoring return value of 'int system(const char*)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
XPDFCore.cc: In member function 'void XPDFCore::runCommand(GooString*, GooString*)':
XPDFCore.cc:689: warning: ignoring return value of 'int system(const char*)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
g++ -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -DSYSTEM_XPDFRC="\"/etc/xpdfrc\"" -Wno-write-strings -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo -I/usr/include/poppler/splash -DHAVE_DIRENT_H  -c -o XPDFTree.o XPDFTree.cc
g++ -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -DSYSTEM_XPDFRC="\"/etc/xpdfrc\"" -Wno-write-strings -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo -I/usr/include/poppler/splash -DHAVE_DIRENT_H  -c -o XPDFViewer.o XPDFViewer.cc
XPDFViewer.cc: In member function 'void XPDFViewer::cmdRun(GooString**, int, XEvent*)':
XPDFViewer.cc:1157: warning: ignoring return value of 'int system(const char*)', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
cc -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -DSYSTEM_XPDFRC="\"/etc/xpdfrc\"" -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo -I/usr/include/poppler/splash -DHAVE_DIRENT_H  -c -o parseargs.o parseargs.c
g++ -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -DSYSTEM_XPDFRC="\"/etc/xpdfrc\"" -Wno-write-strings -I/usr/include/poppler -I/usr/include/poppler/goo -I/usr/include/poppler/splash -DHAVE_DIRENT_H  -c -o xpdf.o xpdf.cc
g++ -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -DSYSTEM_XPDFRC="\"/etc/xpdfrc\"" -Wno-write-strings -Wl,-O1 -o xpdf *.o -lpoppler   -lXm
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: libjpeg.so.62, needed by /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateDecompress'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_header'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_calc_output_dimensions'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_decompress'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_start_decompress'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_scanlines'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.4/../../../../lib64/libXm.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_stdio_src'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xpdf] Error 1
 * ERROR: app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4 failed:
 *   (no error message)
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  54:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 3258:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       emake || die
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/app-text/xpdf-3.02-r4/work/xpdf-3.02-poppler'
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bug. Run revdep-rebuild.
BlakeJob
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help! i've never run revdep-rebuild before and had some troubles getting it to run (ran into numerous errors) but after spending some time and getting them corrected I was able to successfully run the command and then re-emerge xpdf!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: