[SOLVED] dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010 fails to update
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c00l.wave
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010 fails to update Reply with quote

On a world update I got the known errors of a missing file "dehypht-x-2009-06-19.tex" vaguely explained here and here while trying to build dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010. I unmerged all dev-texlive/* packages as well as app-text/texlive-core, virtual/latex-base, virtual/tex-base, virtual/texi2dvi, app-text/texlive, app-text/texlive-core and deleted /etc/texmf and /usr/share/texmf*, so I should have had a clean start (according to the other thread, that's the only thing that solves the problem, although this is highly radical).

Now, if I try to emerge texlive I run into another strange error with dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010 after app-text/texlive-core-2010-r4 and dev-texlive/texlive-documentation-base have been merged:
Code:
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010/work ...
 * Appending to format.texlive-basic.cnf for   name=dviluatex engine=luatex patterns=language.def,language.dat.lua   options="dviluatex.ini"
 * Appending to format.texlive-basic.cnf for   name=luatex    engine=luatex patterns=language.def,language.dat.lua   options="luatex.ini"
 * Appending to format.texlive-basic.cnf for name=mf engine=mf-nowin options="-translate-file=cp227.tcx mf.ini"
 * Appending to format.texlive-basic.cnf for name=etex    engine=pdftex patterns=language.def                     options="-translate-file=cp227.tcx *etex.ini"
 * Appending to format.texlive-basic.cnf for name=pdfetex engine=pdftex patterns=language.def                     options="-translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdfetex.ini"
 * Appending to format.texlive-basic.cnf for name=pdftex  engine=pdftex patterns=language.def                     options="-translate-file=cp227.tcx *pdfetex.ini"
 * Appending to format.texlive-basic.cnf for name=tex engine=tex options="tex.ini"
 * Building format texmf/fmtutil/format.texlive-basic.cnf
fmtutil: format directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010/work/texmf-var/web2c' does not exist.
 * ERROR: dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010 failed (compile phase):
 *   failed to build format texmf/fmtutil/format.texlive-basic.cnf
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   56:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 2378:  Called texlive-module_src_compile
 *   environment, line 2984:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *               VARTEXFONTS="${T}/fonts" TEXMFHOME="${S}/texmf:${S}/texmf-dist:${S}/texmf-var" env -u TEXINPUTS fmtutil --cnffile "${i}" --fmtdir "${S}/texmf-var/web2c" --all || die "failed to build format ${i}";
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2010/work'

So, texlive-basic is missing its own files inside the work-dir? Assuming the ebuild is not broken, how is that possible then?

Last edited by c00l.wave on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
c00l.wave
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are at least two bug reports I had not found when I posted my question: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379261 and https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379223

Comment 3 of the latter describes what needs to be done to get it working:

Quote:

Henrik Grubbström 2011-08-19 20:58:43 UTC
[...]
1) equery b -f '/etc/texmf/.*'
2) Uninstalling all of the above reported ebuilds.
3) rm -rf /etc/texmf
4) emerge texlive

I missed to remove some packages before running step 1 (app-text/xdvik, dev-libs/kpathsea and dev-tex/xmltex) which resulted in /etc/texmf being regenerated with some broken configs after deleting it. I also deleted /var/lib/texmf/ this time; I'm unsure if that matters. After I followed all of the steps above, additional to emerge -C `qlist -I -C dev-texlive/*` I was able to emerge texlive again.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: