Installing Linux on a ARM device
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luc484
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Installing Linux on a ARM device Reply with quote

Hi! I've been asked to try to install Linux on a new device which uses an ARM11 processor and on a 2GB Nand Flash memory. I'm trying to find out whether this is possible and how to try this. Trying to solve this problem I found the Gentoo Linux ARM Handbook and I would like to ask you if this could be the right place or if I'm looking in the wrong place. I still don't know what kind of video card this tablet is mounting, but I hope I'll find a suitable driver for this. Am I looking in the right place? Thanks for any advice!
uoslagelo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
I have not experience to install linux on arm, but i think gentoo is a good choise
armin76
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What device is it? It depends if you can run Linux on it or not...and if you can boot from something else that internal flash(SD card?)...

The normal thing for those devices is that the device itself is running Linux(Nokia N800/N900 for ex.), and then you chroot into a gentoo chroot...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: