Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
haupauge nexus-s and direct overlay what to do?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jori.gel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: haupauge nexus-s and direct overlay what to do? Reply with quote

Hi everyone reading this,
I'm a newbie in gentoo and this forum . . .
and I got in here via the advice in the gentoo docu . . . it says: If you need any help, you can always ask someone in #gentoo-vdr, or look around on our forums. So here I am with this question:

I've got an amd-server with a working gentoo stable , vdr stable and a haupauge nexus-s full featured card in it and would like to have a direct overlay on screen with the vdr-menu in it (if possible). Everything else I expected is working. The tv-card is accepted and recognized, vdr is streaming and reccording. A control of the recordings is possible via xine or vlc etc. and the streaming to a media-center in my living-room works fine. For a perfect world I'm only missing the possibility to cut the recordings via vdr without a tv hooked to the server.

In the vdr-guide discription there are only examples for pvr 350 and dxr3 to manage this. What to do about a haupauge? Xine-gui only offers a dvb-device - choosing it is not working. For a vdr-device been shown (in xine), I would have to install a vdr-xine plugin on top of xine-library and xine-gui, which is unfortunately not a part of the stable tree.

To do it with a softdevice would be a waste of cpu-capacity as far as I concern. So what to do abount my prob? Any ideas or more information necessary?

Thanks for reading this. I would appreciate any hints to solve this . . .
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: