LX710 Laser Keyboard and Mouse NOT WORKING AFTER INSTALL
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mastacontrola
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: LX710 Laser Keyboard and Mouse NOT WORKING AFTER INSTALL Reply with quote

I installed Gentoo using the AMD64 handbook. I had used the 2008 minimal ISO disc and followed all the instructions. The keyboard and mouse worked fine when the CD booted up and throughout the install process. I used the genkernal all to configure my kernel so I thought all drivers and modules would be installed for me instead of my dumbness trying to sort what I needed and making a mistake. (Had it happen too many times before. Besides I prefer to have the ramdisk options that configuration allows.) So I installed everything and then restarted. I had to make a minor change (maybe you guys can change this on your handbook) to allow bootup. When I configure my CPU kernels and such, it makes the name kernel-genkernel-x86_64-<kernelversion>-gentoo-<increment> whatever and not kernel-genkernel-amd64-<kernelversion>-gentoo-<increment>. Same for the initramfs. Anyways; So I made that change with no problems from my keyboard. But after it actually boots up, the keyboard doesn't work. Because of this, I am sure my mouse also doesn't work. I have in my make.conf file INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" but I don't know what installs the keyboard so it will actually work with my system. I just want to have a good desktop. I have the ability to ssh into the computer, which is how I have done my emerge kde-meta and kdm. But I really would like to use my desktop from my desktop.

SPECS
AMD64 Phenom
RAID0 2.5T config
ATI RADEON HD 2600 series video card
LX310 Logitech Keyboard and mouse (wireless)
3 Network cards (doesn't matter)

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Thanks in advance
comprookie2000
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the keyboard work from the console, or do you have to ssh into the box. Do you have hal in the default runlevel?
Code:

rc-update show

if not
Code:

/etc/init.d/hald start

then look at
tail /var/log/messages
unplug the replug the keyboard and look a /var/log/messages to see if your usb keyboard shows up
mastacontrola
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

comprookie2000 wrote:
Does the keyboard work from the console, or do you have to ssh into the box. Do you have hal in the default runlevel?
Code:

rc-update show

if not
Code:

/etc/init.d/hald start

then look at
tail /var/log/messages
unplug the replug the keyboard and look a /var/log/messages to see if your usb keyboard shows up

I have to SSH into the machine. Already tried unplugging and replugging the device. HALD is started and running.
nothing is in messages except for cannot connect to mail messages only because i have not real mail server or client
comprookie2000
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the keyboard show up at all?
dmesg | grep Logitech
I don't use genkernel so I can not be of much help but you need for your keyboard to show up when you plug it in, for my kernel.
/usr/src/linux/.config # some stuff removed
Code:

#
# Input device support
#
CONFIG_INPUT=y
#
# Userland interfaces
#
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
#
# Input Device Drivers
#
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
#
# USB Input Devices
#
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_HID_PID=y
#
# Special HID drivers
#
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH=y
CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_OHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_EHCI=y
CONFIG_USB=y

Code:

opteron ~ # dmesg | grep Logitech             
input: Logitech USB Receiver as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.1/usb1/1-2/1-2.1/1-2.1:1.0/input/input2
generic-usb 0003:046D:C518.0001: input: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [Logitech USB Receiver] on usb-0000:00:02.1-2.1/input0

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: