Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
|Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:57 pm Post subject: udev "complaint" with 184.108.40.206-mipsgit-20090324
|I've an SGI O2 and noticed when upgrading udev 145-r1 -> 146 today that it says on emerge:
|* Determining the location of the kernel source code
* Found kernel source directory:
* Found sources for kernel version:
* Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
* udev-146 does not support Linux kernel before version 2.6.25!
* For a reliable udev, use at least kernel 2.6.27
* Your kernel version (220.127.116.11-mipsgit-20090324) is new enough to run udev-146 reliable.
* udev cannot be restarted after emerging,
* as your running kernel version (18.104.22.168-mipsgit-20090324) is too old.
* You really need to use a newer kernel after a reboot!
This is rather confusing. It sounds like 2.6.29 should be new enough, but it also says udev cannot be restarted after emerging and that you really need a newer kernel after a reboot. However, 22.214.171.124 is the newest mips-source version currently available. Are we supposed to move to some other sources now, e.g.,
Would it work to switch anyway? I suspect there is a lot of work in mips-sources I would not get in gentoo-sources. It's the first time in a long time that gentoo-sources has been ahead of mips-sources. Anyway, I have not rebooted yet, and will most likely not until I find out more about what is going on.