View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterloo2005
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: I can not resume from suspend , but can recovery from hibe Reply with quote

I can not resume from suspend(hibernate-ram) , but can resume from hibernate.
I use thinkpad w500.
when I resume from suspend, the screen is black and the cap key is flashing for about 5 seconds. I can not even go to terminal.

what is the matter?
thanks
Now I change `mac80211 2.6.0 2.6.27' to `mac80211 2.6.0 2.6.32' in /etc/hibernate/blacklisted-modules.
Then I can resume from suspend when using integrated video card, and sometimes the color of screen is not correct.
But I can not resume from suspend when using dicreted video card.

I use hibernate-script 2.0-r1. I use amd64 arch, my kernel is 2.6.30-r5.
my discreted video card is ATI mobility radeon hd 3650, I use opensource drive radeonhd. when I use fglrx, it often hangs.
my integrated video card is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD graphics . I install its drive according http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Intel_GMA .

I don't use ssh.
when resume failed , I can only cut the power to shutdown computer(push on power button for long time).

when using dicreted video card , I log out X (at that time gdm is running), I change to terminal , I still can not resume from suspend , but I can input reboot (the keyboard is living).

Last edited by waterloo2005 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:02 am; edited 5 times in total
kornhs4
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to provide more information. How do you hibernate (via echo, pm-suspend, hibernate-scripts + versions). Which kernel version? Which graphics module + driver versions. Can you connect via ssh? Can you properly shutdown the system via power button? Can you suspend+resume when X is not running?
waterloo2005
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kornhs4 wrote:
You need to provide more information. How do you hibernate (via echo, pm-suspend, hibernate-scripts + versions). Which kernel version? Which graphics module + driver versions. Can you connect via ssh? Can you properly shutdown the system via power button? Can you suspend+resume when X is not running?

I have add detailed information. thanks
kornhs4
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use suspend to RAM using pm-utils, kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.29--2.6.31, same intel graphics card with xf86-video-intel-2.7.1--2.8.1 on a Lenovo T400 and it works. A blinking num-lock LED indicates a complete hang of the machine, hence ssh shouldn't work too.

You can try to unload all modules that are not necessary for operation (like iwlagn, mac80211, tp_smapi, etc.) and try whether suspend works. If it does, you can try to re-load half the modules and try it again. If it works, re-load the a remaining quarter, et cetera. In a logarithmic number of tries you should find pathological modules.
waterloo2005
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kornhs4 wrote:
I use suspend to RAM using pm-utils, kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.29--2.6.31, same intel graphics card with xf86-video-intel-2.7.1--2.8.1 on a Lenovo T400 and it works. A blinking num-lock LED indicates a complete hang of the machine, hence ssh shouldn't work too.

You can try to unload all modules that are not necessary for operation (like iwlagn, mac80211, tp_smapi, etc.) and try whether suspend works. If it does, you can try to re-load half the modules and try it again. If it works, re-load the a remaining quarter, et cetera. In a logarithmic number of tries you should find pathological modules.

Now when using integrated video card ,I can resume from suspend but the color of screen is not correct.
When using discreted video card , I still can not resume from suspend . I am trying ...
When using dicreted video card , at the time of resume, it is the Cap light blinking not the num-lock.

Thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: