simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lacimarsik wrote:
Perfect, thank you @simonvanderveldt !

No problem :)
If anything doesn't work let me know!

And maybe if there's enough interest these can be upstreamed to gentoo.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@yngwin any chance the overlay can be moved to GitHub in it's entirety and pruned/proper maintainers assigned? I don't mind to maintain some packages. @tokiclover has a bunch of audio packages in his https://github.com/tokiclover/bar-overlay as well, would be nice to collaborate and ensure that what's in there is up to a decent quality standard

I wanted to ask this some time ago, but was triggered by the jalv ebuild not being correct (just created a bug for it https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=605046)
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is driving me crazy: is there any music sheet editor which allows me to select a bunch of notes and drag them around (both pitch and position) like Rosegarden allows me to? I just need a simple editor, but apparently MuseScore and Tuxguitar cannot do that, even though it sounds like the most basic feature.
BobbyBrown
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I use zita-ajbridge but having trouble upgrading it.

I'm attempting to upgrade in a local overlay by editing the ebuild from the proaudio overlay that was for version 0.4.0 to install version 0.7.0, the one now available for download.
Basically I've just updated the dependency on zita-resampler to version 1.6.0, which I edited too and installs fine.

Here's the compile error it's throwing.
Code:
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/media-sound/zita-ajbridge-0.7.0/work/zita-ajbridge-0.7.0/source ...
make -j5
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -MMD -MP -DVERSION=\"0.7.0\" -DAPPNAME=\"zita-a2j\"  -c -o zita-a2j.o zita-a2j.cc
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -MMD -MP -DVERSION=\"0.7.0\" -DAPPNAME=\"zita-a2j\"  -c -o alsathread.o alsathread.cc
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -MMD -MP -DVERSION=\"0.7.0\" -DAPPNAME=\"zita-a2j\"  -c -o jackclient.o jackclient.cc
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -MMD -MP -DVERSION=\"0.7.0\" -DAPPNAME=\"zita-a2j\"  -c -o pxthread.o pxthread.cc
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -MMD -MP -DVERSION=\"0.7.0\" -DAPPNAME=\"zita-a2j\"  -c -o lfqueue.o lfqueue.cc
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wall -MMD -MP -DVERSION=\"0.7.0\" -DAPPNAME=\"zita-j2a\"  -c -o zita-j2a.o zita-j2a.cc
gzip -c zita-ajbridge.1 > zita-ajbridge.1.gz
gzip -c zita-a2j.1 > zita-a2j.1.gz
gzip -c zita-j2a.1 > zita-j2a.1.gz
jackclient.cc: In member function ‘int Jackclient::jack_process(int)’:
jackclient.cc:433:54: error: ‘jack_get_cycle_times’ was not declared in this scope
     jack_get_cycle_times (_client, &ft, &t0, &t1, &us);
                                                      ^
make: *** [<builtin>: jackclient.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
 * ERROR: media-sound/zita-ajbridge-0.7.0::MINE failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed

Any idea's ? Anyone want to put it in the repos ?
Anything more I can do to help ?

Best regards,
BobbyBrown
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BobbyBrown have you looked at the code? From when is the last commit? Do you know if a specific C++ standard is being targeted?
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That error does not look to be related to the version of the C++ standard used. Rather, it uses a function which is not declared by any of the included headers. This could mean that it failed to include a required header or that the layout of JACK headers has changed in a way that makes this package fail.
BobbyBrown
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3-r1, it's been around for a while but is still stable on gentoo. Do you think the zita developers might be using jack2 ? I'll try using jack2...

BobbyBrown
BobbyBrown
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. zita-ajbridge makes jack-audio-connection-kit install again.
I tried jack-audio-connection-kit-0.125 to see if it was better, but it doesn't compile either.
Jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3-r1 back again, still same error from zita-ajbridge.

With all of this you will have gathered an idea of my level of expertise.
I've tried to learn to code now and again for a week or two, read books, but remain illiterate and often hack through things by trial and error, and being stubborn.
I tried looking at the source code, but gained no insight from the experience.

BobbyBrown
BobbyBrown
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Hu :
Thank yuo for translating the error for me. I looked up "jack_get_cycle_times" and found it to be in jack-audio-connection-kit. (http://www.jackaudio.org/api/group__TimeFunctions.html)

I greped through jack source and didn't find it.... ..until I tried in jack-audio-connection-kit-0.124.1-r1's source code. It's in jack/jack.h.

I noticed that in jack 0.124.1-r1 and 0.125.0 zita-a2j and zita-j2a seem to be included in the tools/zalsa/ directory.

I found that they only compile zita stuff if the dependencies are present (zita-resampler-1.6.0 and zita-alsa-pcmi-0.2.0), but then all I find are files in /var/tmp/portage/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.125.0/work/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.125.0-abi_x86_64.amd64/tools/zalsa/
( zalsa_in_la-zita-a2j.lo and zalsa_out_la-zita-j2a.lo ).
I still don't have the programs zita-a2j and zita-j2a available.

Does anybody have information to make what's happening clearer ?

Bobbybrown
BobbyBrown
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another try at compiling zita-ajbrigde-0.7.0 and it compiles. But ebuild [...] qmake doesn't install due to multiple file collisions concerning "/usr/bin" and "/usr/share/man/man1".

I tried FEATURES="-collision-protect" with no luck.

cheers,
BobbyBrown
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The built files in the image/ directory have clobbered image/usr/bin and /image/usr/share/man/man1. Some code must be missing a trailing slash...

Good thing "-collision-protect" didn't work as expected.
BobbyBrown
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job done !

Its the lines for install in the makefile that need editing, I'll look into how to generate a patch later and propose an update to the zita-ajbrige patchfile. Should I propose it to gentoo so the package can be included in the gentoo repos or just post it to the forum ? (or send it back up to the zita developers, but I don't think they need it, wouldn't this issue be gentoo specific?)

Thanks for all pointers and assistance.
Bobby brown

Edit : I made the patch but don't seem to be able to attach the file in the forum.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BobbyBrown, if it's a Gentoo package you can either directly make a PR on github (https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo) or create a bug on the bugtracker (https://bugs.gentoo.org/)
BobbyBrown
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@simonvanderveldt

Actually I worked on installing zita-ajbridge (0.7.0), which is not in gentoo, starting from the proaudio overlay ebuilds for prior versions. One of it's dependencies is not in gentoo either : zita-resampler (0.2.0).

Now that I've got them working in a local overlay, shouldn't I share my work the community by proposing them for gentoo repositories ?

Still I just hacked at it until it worked, changed names and download urls, modified Makefiles until they worked... ...I don't know that my work fits any standard.
...I ended installing jack-audio-connection-kit-0.125.0 and compiling it with zita-ajbridge's dependencies installed made it compile zita related code, but I don't know how to describe this situation in Makefile dependency terms. Perhaps jack-audio-connection-kit should have a "zita" (or such) flag dictating the need for those dependencies and recommending zita-ajbridge ?
But jack-audio-connection-kit-0.121.3-r1 doesn't have the zita code in it yet, so a keyword requirement is involved too.

I looked at the https://github.com/tokiclover/bar-overlay, but I believe it's versions of these two packages don't work, I had to update versions because I the original download urls from the proaudio overlay no longer worked.

PS : should I edit down my previous posts for readability, the story of my efforts is perhaps not interesting for posterity ?
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobbyBrown wrote:
@simonvanderveldt

Actually I worked on installing zita-ajbridge (0.7.0), which is not in gentoo, starting from the proaudio overlay ebuilds for prior versions. One of it's dependencies is not in gentoo either : zita-resampler (0.2.0).

Now that I've got them working in a local overlay, shouldn't I share my work the community by proposing them for gentoo repositories ?

In that case I don't know. I guess filing a bug for proaudio is the only thing you can do? I believe they have their own bug tracker though :|
(or you can put a working version in your own public overlay of course)
jupiter126
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: compiled passed Reply with quote

Hello,
compilation of ajbridge-0.7.0 njust succeeded here.
Got the source from the website, compilation was failing on
"jack_get_cycle_times (_client, &ft, &t0, &t1, &us);"

added
Code:
=media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.124.1 ~amd64

to /etc/portage/package.keywords,

updated
Code:

[ebuild     U ~] media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.124.1:0/1::bar [0.121.3-r1:0/0::gentoo] USE="alsa -celt% (-coreaudio) -cpu_flags_ppc_altivec% -cpudetection -debug -doc -examples -freebob% -ieee1394% -netjack% -oss -zalsa% (-altivec%) (-pam%*)" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx sse -3dnow" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7%*" 1,088 KiB

then it worked.
Code:

jupiter@JuPiTower ~/Downloads/MusicApps/zita-ajbridge-0.7.0/source $ make
g++ -O2 -Wall -MMD -MP -DVERSION=\"0.7.0\" -DAPPNAME=\"zita-a2j\"  -c -o jackclient.o jackclient.cc                                                                                                                                                                                         
g++ -L/usr/local/lib64 -o zita-a2j zita-a2j.o alsathread.o jackclient.o pxthread.o lfqueue.o -lzita-resampler -lzita-alsa-pcmi -ljack -lasound -lpthread -lm -lrt
g++ -L/usr/local/lib64 -o zita-j2a zita-j2a.o alsathread.o jackclient.o pxthread.o lfqueue.o -lzita-resampler -lzita-alsa-pcmi -ljack -lasound -lpthread -lm -lrt
jupiter@JuPiTower ~/Downloads/MusicApps/zita-ajbridge-0.7.0/source $ su
Password:
JuPiTower source # make install
install -Dm 755 zita-a2j /usr/local/bin
install -Dm 755 zita-j2a /usr/local/bin
install -Dm 644 zita-ajbridge.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1
install -Dm 644 zita-a2j.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1
install -Dm 644 zita-j2a.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1
JuPiTower source #

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
Hu

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an obligatory note for whenever someone posts advice like this, you should never run make install directly as root. Let Portage run it for you as part of the ebuild, so that the files are tracked properly.
simonvanderveldt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(cross post from https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8077914.html#8077914)

For anyone interested in this, the proaudio overlay has been removed from gentoo's overlay list, which means it's no longer available through layman and no longer mirrored on github.
It's been removed because it had too many (quality) issues which weren't getting fixed.
See https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=607596

We (currently 5 people, see https://github.com/orgs/gentoo-audio/people) decided to start a new overlay and add/pull in only packages that we use and can maintain. So far it's still pretty empty, so don't expect it to be a replacement for the proaudio overlay at this point in time, but we're working hard at adding more stuff. Though we do want to guarantee quality to prevent the issues the proaudio overlay had.
This is our current list of things to do https://github.com/gentoo-audio/audio-overlay/issues
It's not in layman yet, but will be once we create the PR to add it to the list, I'd expect that we do so next week once we have a couple of useful packages.

If anyone wants to help out and add/maintain a package that would be great. Feel free to either let us know here or join #proaudio-overlay on freenode.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: