Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[how-to] 3d hardware acc with ati open source driver.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave up and gone layman. works.
jasn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the x11 overlay most recent mesa live ebuild I've noticed that there are a number of USE flags, both old and new, and I'd like to ask for comments as to their use. The following are the current mesa USE flags and definitions from the Gentoo Linux Use Variable Descriptions page;
    classic - Build drivers based on the classic architecture
    egl - Enable EGL support
    gallium - Build drivers based on Gallium3D, the new architecture for 3D graphics drivers
    gbm - Enable the Graphics Buffer Manager for EGL on KMS
    gles - Enable GLES support
    llvm - Enable LLVM backend for Gallium3D
    openvg - Enable the OpenVG 2D acceleration API for Gallium3D
    pax_kernel - Enable if the user plans to run the package under a pax enabled hardened kernel
    pic - disable optimized assembly code that is not PIC friendly
    shared-dricore - Enable sharing of common code for classic DRI drivers
    shared-glapi - Enable sharing of common code for the OpenGL API
and here are the USE flags from the x11 overlay mesa live ebuild, that are not yet documented;
    d3d
    g3dvl
    gles1
    gles2
    osmesa
    xvmc - (must be) Enable support for XVideo Motion Compensation (accelerated mpeg playback)
    vdpau
    wayland
The d3d USE flag appears to provide Windows Direct3D support, and have app-emulation/wine has a dependency. Also if the xvmc USE flag is enabled, then the g3dvl USE flag is also required to be enabled. The vdpau USE flag has been previously discussed in this thread as providing VDPAU support, and the wayland USE flag appears to provide wayland support, and has x11-base/wayland, (which is available as a live ebuild in the x11 overlay, but not in portage yet), as a dependency.

My system uses an ATI 6970M GPU, and I was reading somewhere that it's a good idea, if you're using r600 GPUs, to build mesa without the classic USE flag enabled and with the gallium USE flag enabled, (and with only the R600 VIDEO_CARD set). Looking for any related comments to that, or any of the other USE flags. My current configuration is;
Code:
media-libs/mesa-9999  USE="egl g3dvl gallium gbm gles1 gles2 llvm nptl openvg osmesa shared-dricore shared-glapi xvmc -bindist -classic -d3d -debug -pax_kernel -pic (-selinux) -vdpau -wayland" VIDEO_CARDS="r600 -i915 -i965 -intel -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -radeon -vmware"

Thanks..
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRI1 support has been removed in mesa git, so you can't build with +classic anyway.
jasn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was able to emerge the x11 overlay mesa live ebuild with the classic USE flag enabled, but it may do nothing now. (I've since added -classic to my mesa USE flags). I expect they'll remove the USE flag at some point.

Thanks..
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: