usb mouse and module failure
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rekonrad
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:31 am    Post subject: usb mouse and module failure Reply with quote

I am attempting to get my usb mouse working. Having read a number of tips on the subject including https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=79&highlight=usb+mouse, I seem to be stuck in reconfiguring the kernel. I've chosen "usb support" (y), "preliminary usb device file system" (y) "uhci" (m), "ohci" (m), "full Hid" (m), "hid input layer support" (y), "input core support" (m), "mouse support" (m).

I have also tried configuring all of these as part of the kernel and then all as modules but nothing seems to work. When I try to load any of the modules (ex. modprobe usb-uhci), I get the following message:

bash-2.05b# modprobe hid
/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/input/input.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/input/input.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/input/input.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/input/input.o: insmod hid failed

mousedev, input give me the same message though usb-uhci and usb-ohci are accepted.

Any thoughts? Could it be a setting in my bios?

Thanks

Richard
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: