damned pulseaudio deps (openrc...)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: damned pulseaudio deps (openrc...) Reply with quote

<rant>So I'm a nice stable amd64 user with a shitload of stuff in package.keywords (which is a dir now because a single file was getting big and hard to use) who wanted to try using pulseaudio (so that I can play sound from my laptop to my home server which is connected to my hi-fi). I'm using bluez4 with blueman and I'm definitely not going back to the old 3.x stuff, but because of that I have to use a version of pulseaudio that wants openrc which seems to have a shitload of open bugs.</rant>

I'll probably just build it with "-bluetooth", but how far are we from the baselayout 2?
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

szczerb wrote:
I'll probably just build it with "-bluetooth", but how far are we from the baselayout 2?
It varies.

Moved from Off the Wall to Gentoo Chat.
jonnevers
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: damned pulseaudio deps (openrc...) Reply with quote

szczerb wrote:
<rant>So I'm a nice stable amd64 user with a shitload of stuff in package.keywords (which is a dir now because a single file was getting big and hard to use) who wanted to try using pulseaudio (so that I can play sound from my laptop to my home server which is connected to my hi-fi). I'm using bluez4 with blueman and I'm definitely not going back to the old 3.x stuff, but because of that I have to use a version of pulseaudio that wants openrc which seems to have a shitload of open bugs.</rant>

don't rant.

bite the bullet and go full ~amd64 and/or switch to openrc/baselayout2. I've been using openrc for awhile now without any issues. its really nice on the dark side.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: