View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pianosaurus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now use window hints to resize the window correctly. Could you try it out for me, livibetter? My window manager will rescale the window to fit the hints either way, so I can't really test it out here. Also, if you could try it with MENUCOMPLETE=0 and see if the borders line up with an even number of characters.

Thanks for all your help testing it so far.
livibetter
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pianosaurus wrote:
I now use window hints to resize the window correctly. Could you try it out for me, livibetter? My window manager will rescale the window to fit the hints either way, so I can't really test it out here. Also, if you could try it with MENUCOMPLETE=0 and see if the borders line up with an even number of characters.

Thanks for all your help testing it so far.

I redownloaded and it works as I expect without change the default settings.

I don't know what the correct result for `MENUCOMPLETE=0` is, so I grabbed the screenshot for you.
pianosaurus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, good. Thanks.

The screenshot seems ok. The width of the window is supposed to be the same, but MENUCOMPLETE=0 creates a window that is roughly 1/3 of the screen height tall (to make room for the tab completion list).

Is that a dual monitor setup? I suppose it would be more appropriate to fit the box inside one monitor, but I don't have the hardware to test it. I guess I'll leave that for another version.

You can of course set AUTOWINSIZE=0 to get back to the old behaviour of not resizing the window automatically.
livibetter
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pianosaurus wrote:
Ok, good. Thanks.

The screenshot seems ok. The width of the window is supposed to be the same, but MENUCOMPLETE=0 creates a window that is roughly 1/3 of the screen height tall (to make room for the tab completion list).

Is that a dual monitor setup? I suppose it would be more appropriate to fit the box inside one monitor, but I don't have the hardware to test it. I guess I'll leave that for another version.

You can of course set AUTOWINSIZE=0 to get back to the old behaviour of not resizing the window automatically.

Yes, I have dual monitor setup. I do like how BashPad is working now, crossing two monitor. If you need any testing, I would like to help you here or via IM, just let me know.

And again thanks for your great work, I have been using BashPad since I first knew it. Hope it would get into some distros' repos someday.
ppurka
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Quite late input, but I have tried to port bashpad-0.5 to zsh. The port can be downloaded from here:
http://sites.google.com/site/ppurka/runrc-0.5

@pianosaurus I have two modifications in the script worth noting for you:
1. I have added a check on "wmctrl -d" Some WMs (such as e17, surprisingly) do not return the number of desktops and then wmctrl silently fails and no parameters are assigned to the array variables. Thus, zsh (even bash will) complains about not enough arguments in the division or multiplication!

2. There is a typo when you search for zenity using which.
pianosaurus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! I'll get that fixed on my end too.

I just made some tiny improvements yesterday. I'll try to remember to upload it when I get home. I suspect it may not change anything on your end.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: