Questions about the FuzzyOCR plugin for SpamAssassin
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philippe23
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Questions about the FuzzyOCR plugin for SpamAssassin Reply with quote

I've been getting hit by image spam the last few days and was trying to figure out a good thing to do about it. I'm already running SpamAssassin, so it seems like FuzzyOCR is likely the way to go in order to deal with image spam, but I have some questions & concerns I want to look at before I install it.

1.) Is there a way to install SA plugins for just a single user? That would certainly take my worries down a notch or two if I could mess with it just on my account and not screw other accounts on the machine over. (If it means installing the dependencies manual and building Fuzzy from source, that's fine. But if I do that, are all the correct patches installed on the dependencies?)

2.) FuzzyOCR's FAQ has someone complaining about ham getting a score of 20. I toss (/dev/null) all mail that gets more than an 10 on my system. Does FuzzyOCR have a way of tweaking/limiting it's scores? Or is this guys FAQ question just misleading me?

3.) FuzzyOCR 3.5.1 is masked for x86 and the 2.x line is what's available. Is this just a case of Gentoo being slow at marking something stable?
Philippe23
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? No one?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: