Gentoo on a Toshiba Libretto L5
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmackMyBishop
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Gentoo on a Toshiba Libretto L5 Reply with quote

Well, I've got Gentoo running more or less how I want it on my Toshiba Libretto L5, and a search for this model doesn't turn anything up on the forums, so I'll post a bit about my progress in case anybody tries to look into it.

First thing's first, screenshots: http://68.54.90.125/~smack/index.html

The initial install was tricky, since the Libretto has no floppy or CD-ROM. What I ended up doing is booting a Knoppix CD on my desktop, turning on the terminal server, network booting the Libretto, and from there you've got Knoppix running; just follow the Knoppix install instructions in the alternate install guide.

Once I started emerging, things went pretty smoothly. Gentoo-sources wasn't cutting it though, I didn't have my framebuffer, integrated wireless, or soundcard working. I upgraded to development-sources and everything Just Worked. (Make sure to enable ACPI, the Toshiba extras, radeonfb, and the ali m5451 alsa driver.)

The keyboard generates extra keyup events which confuse xkb, so I just disabled xkb, but I've heard of people having luck other routes.

The things I have yet to figure out: Suspend to disk, Suspend to RAM, Hardware 3d acceleration with the 8MB Radeon Mobility M6...

Any help anybody can offer with those things, or any questions in general, lemme know.
masseya
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Gentoo on a Toshiba Libretto L5 Reply with quote

SmackMyBishop wrote:
The things I have yet to figure out: Suspend to disk, Suspend to RAM, Hardware 3d acceleration with the 8MB Radeon Mobility M6...
I also have a Radeon Mobility M6 LY that will not do hardware 3d acceleration. I have been looking for a good solution to this for some time without luck. ;-)

Moving from Gentoo Chat.
tomaw
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I could get my hands on one of these :-)
petardi
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some patches available for Radeon IGP chips. But I haven't tried them yet.
http://bugs.xfree86.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314
SmackMyBishop
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t!

I got 3D acceleration working with DRI. A bit flickery, but good enough for armagetron.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: