Joined: 12 May 2004
|Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:26 pm Post subject: [ GLSA 200904-01 ] Openfire: Multiple vulnerabilities
|Gentoo Linux Security Advisory
Title: Openfire: Multiple vulnerabilities (GLSA 200904-01)
Date: April 02, 2009
Bug(s): #246008, #254309
Multiple vulnerabilities were discovered in Openfire, the worst of which may allow remote execution of arbitrary code.
Ignite Realtime Openfire is a fast real-time collaboration server.
Vulnerable: < 3.6.3
Unaffected: >= 3.6.3
Architectures: All supported architectures
Two vulnerabilities have been reported by Federico Muttis, from CORE IMPACT's Exploit Writing Team:
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported by Andreas Kurtz:
- Multiple missing or incomplete input validations in several .jsps (CVE-2009-0496).
- Incorrect input validation of the "log" parameter in log.jsp (CVE-2009-0497).
- Erroneous built-in exceptions to input validation in login.jsp (CVE-2008-6508).
- Unsanitized user input to the "type" parameter in sipark-log-summary.jsp used in SQL statement. (CVE-2008-6509)
- A Cross-Site-Scripting vulnerability due to unsanitized input to the "url" parameter. (CVE-2008-6510, CVE-2008-6511)
A remote attacker could execute arbitrary code on clients' systems by uploading a specially crafted plugin, bypassing authentication. Additionally, an attacker could read arbitrary files on the server or execute arbitrary SQL statements. Depending on the server's configuration the attacker might also execute code on the server via an SQL injection.
There is no known workaround at this time.
All Openfire users should upgrade to the latest version:
|# emerge --sync
# emerge --ask --oneshot --verbose ">=net-im/openfire-3.6.3"