Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budoka wrote:
Do you think I can just change profile back to 13 and rebuild?

I do not see why change profile to 13, the 17 profile work well
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means stay with 17.0 profile, it is not responsible for your issues...
eohrnberger
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of qt-script, qt-core, qt-sdl, qt-dbus, qt-gui slot conflict

Quote:

Fix qmake build with glibc 2.28

We haven't yet run the configure checks to see if statx and renameat2
are present in glibc, so this fails when we redefine the structures and
functions.
linux/stat.h:56:8: error: redefinition of 'struct statx_timestamp'
bits/statx.h:25:8: note: previous definition of 'struct statx_timestamp'
qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:110:12: error: 'int renameat2(int, const char*, int, const char*, unsigned int)' was declared 'extern' and later 'static' [-fpermissive]
Change-Id: Ia741b559c24d46c78fb2fffd1548a792d22e3368
Reviewed-by: Oswald Buddenhagen <oswald.buddenhagen@qt.io>
Reviewed-by: Jüri Valdmann <juri.valdmann@qt.io>
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/236308/

Seems that qt-5.11.1 can't compile with glibc 2.28.

Yet, glibc 2.28 is the highest version available?
Code:

eix glibc
[I] sys-libs/glibc
     Available versions:  (2.2) [M]2.19-r1^s [M]**2.19-r2^s [M]2.20-r2^s [M]2.21-r2^s [M]2.22-r4^s [M]2.23-r4^s [M]~2.24-r4^s 2.25-r11^s{tbz2} 2.26-r7^s{tbz2} ~2.27-r4^s ~2.27-r5^s ~2.27-r6^s (**)2.28^s{tbz2} **9999^s
       {audit caps cet compile-locales debug doc gd hardened headers-only +multiarch multilib nscd profile +rpc selinux suid systemtap test vanilla}
     Installed versions:  2.28(2.2)^s{tbz2}(14:08:26 08/05/18)(multiarch multilib -audit -caps -cet -compile-locales -doc -gd -hardened -headers-only -nscd -profile -selinux -suid -systemtap -test -vanilla)
     Homepage:            https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/
     Description:         GNU libc C library

If that's the case, shouldn't the qt-5.11.1 related packages all be masked until either an updated and compatible glibc version is available? And made as a requirement to qt-5.11.1?

Fixed the closing tag on the code block. -- desultory
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glibc-2.28 does not have any keywords.
blackkstar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but when you go to update, glibc updates to 2.28 and then portage wants to pull in qtcore 5.11.1. This can potentially break your KDE, it's happened to me. In fact, here's what happened to me:

Not update in a month or so, need to install chromium. Can't install chromium without an aUDN world. Run the aUDN world, glibc updates to 2.28, wants to pull in qtcore 5.11.1, qtcore can't compile because of

Code:

In file included from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:94:0:
/usr/include/linux/stat.h:18:8: error: redefinition of 'struct statx_timestamp'
 struct statx_timestamp {
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/sys/stat.h:446:0,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/mkspecs/linux-g++/qplatformdefs.h:75,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:42:
/usr/include/bits/statx.h:25:8: note: previous definition of 'struct statx_timestamp'
 struct statx_timestamp
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:94:0:
/usr/include/linux/stat.h:61:8: error: redefinition of 'struct statx'
 struct statx {
        ^~~~~
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/mkspecs/linux-g++/qplatformdefs.h:75,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:42:
/usr/include/bits/statx.h:36:8: note: previous definition of 'struct statx'
 struct statx
        ^~~~~
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp: In function 'int renameat2(int, const char*, int, const char*, unsigned int)':
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:110:12: error: 'int renameat2(int, const char*, int, const char*, unsigned int)' was declared 'extern' and later 'static' [-fpermissive]
 static int renameat2(int oldfd, const char *oldpath, int newfd, const char *newpath, unsigned flags)
            ^~~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.3.0/include/g++-v7/cstdio:42:0,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.3.0/include/g++-v7/ext/string_conversions.h:43,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.3.0/include/g++-v7/bits/basic_string.h:6349,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.3.0/include/g++-v7/string:52,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qbytearray.h:52,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/qbytearray.h:1,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h:49,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/qstring.h:1,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/io/qiodevice.h:50,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/qiodevice.h:1,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/io/qfiledevice.h:43,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/include/QtCore/qfiledevice.h:1,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfile.h:44,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_p.h:54,
                 from /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:43:
/usr/include/stdio.h:164:12: note: previous declaration of 'int renameat2(int, const char*, int, const char*, unsigned int)'
 extern int renameat2 (int __oldfd, const char *__old, int __newfd,
            ^~~~~~~~~
/var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qtcore-5.11.1/work/qtbase-everywhere-src-5.11.1/src/corelib/io/qfilesystemengine_unix.cpp:115:12: error: 'int statx(int, const char*, int, unsigned int, statx*)' was declared 'extern' and later 'static' [-fpermissive]
 static int statx(int dirfd, const char *pathname, int flag, unsigned mask, struct statx *statxbuf)
            ^~~~~
/usr/include/bits/statx.h:87:5: note: previous declaration of 'int statx(int, const char*, int, unsigned int, statx*)'
 int statx (int __dirfd, const char *__restrict __path, int __flags,
     ^~~~~
gmake: *** [Makefile:422: qfilesystemengine_unix.o] Error 1
gmake: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Is there some way to mask qt libs 5.11.1? I tried

Code:
=kde-apps/kdebase-meta-18.08.1
=kde-plasma/plasma-meta-5.13.5
=kde-plasma/plasma-desktop-5.13.5
=dev-qt/qt*-5.11.1

and it's still bringing in qt libs 5.11.1. I am running ~amd64, and I was having problems trying to do an update with just amd64. I am trying to mask all qt 5.11.1 packages but there's a lot of them.

I don't know what else to do, I know I can't downgrade glibc and I can't seem to get portage to not update KDE stuff.

Thanks

EDIT: I rolled back to amd64 and default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/plasma profile and I could fix the missing KDE and QT libs. Still a mess, though.
Hu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the output of emerge --pretend --verbose sys-libs/glibc sys-kernel/linux-headers after you get the compilation error?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackkstar wrote:
Yeah, but when you go to update, glibc updates to 2.28

No, absolutely not. You must have put an entry into package.accept_keywords for that to happen.
blackkstar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
What is the output of emerge --pretend --verbose sys-libs/glibc sys-kernel/linux-headers after you get the compilation error?

Code:
These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     UD ] sys-kernel/linux-headers-4.13::gentoo [4.17::gentoo] USE="-headers-only" 0 KiB
[ebuild     UD ] sys-libs/glibc-2.26-r7:2.2::gentoo [2.28:2.2::gentoo] USE="(multilib) -audit -caps -debug% -doc -gd (-hardened) -headers-only -nscd -profile (-selinux) -suid -systemtap (-vanilla) (-cet%) (-compile-locales%) (-multiarch%*) (-test%)" 405 KiB

Total: 2 packages (2 downgrades), Size of downloads: 405 KiB

without ~amd64

Code:
[ebuild     UD ] sys-libs/glibc-2.27-r6:2.2::gentoo [2.28:2.2::gentoo] USE="multiarch (multilib) -audit -caps (-compile-locales) -doc -gd (-hardened) -headers-only -nscd -profile (-selinux) -suid -systemtap (-vanilla) (-cet%) (-test%)" 163 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-kernel/linux-headers-4.17::gentoo  USE="-headers-only" 0 KiB

Total: 2 packages (1 downgrade, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 163 KiB

With ~amd64

Has something changed that allows downgrading glibc or should I just hold on, I have my system working now and I think if I sit tight until qt libs work properly with glibc 2.28 I'l be fine. This isn't my primary computer. It would be nice to get an update world through, though.

asturm wrote:
blackkstar wrote:
Yeah, but when you go to update, glibc updates to 2.28

No, absolutely not. You must have put an entry into package.accept_keywords for that to happen.

Yeah, I did screw up, thanks for pointing that out, it would have kept causing problems. I have no idea what I was doing there.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

In general, I don't believe anything has changed. You would still need to remove some restrictions to actually make that emerge go through.

While downgrading 'sys-libs/glibc' /is/ possible without breakage (although that might not be completely true, if there's even one package that needs to be re-compiled), I would only suggest it if you knew exactly what packages you already emerged against the current version (it looks like you might have emerged quite a bit), and even then with lots of caution and “you'll get to keep the pieces if it (unexpectedly) explodes”. :]

(I have done it myself successfully, but I was quite prepared to un-do it all, too.)

If things indeed work, and stay working without serious security issues for example, it might indeed be best to just wait it out, and keep an eye or few on Bug 663916 (glibc-2.28) - [TRACKER] Issues with sys-libs/glibc-2.28 (directly and indirectly).
blackkstar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for the help. I had a mess and I figured I might as well downgrade because the next step was reinstall. I got away with a downgrade because I only emerged a few additional packages, and I had an old GCC laying around (6.3.0). So I rolled back to 6.3.0, downgraded glibc, then recompiled gcc 8.2.0, and am now emerging world. I keep getting weird errors that have no google search results, like qtsql not compiling because features.sql-sqlite are not found. But I just re-emerge them with emerge -1 (package atom) and it works.

This sure turned into a mess after I thought it was just a little qtlib slot problem. Looks like I'm on the road to recovery. Thank you again for the help, I love Gentoo, and it's just been getting better and better over the years.

EDIT: it exploded, was a good effort though and I had some fun. Time for a clean install. Don't play with glibc kids!
imieinazwisko
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I'm using this sticky right. Reading through it seems to be a catch all for all Qt slot conflicts with each having a different solution. Running a system update:

Code:
emerge -auvND --with-bdeps=y --keep-going @world

Results in the following slot conflicts (mostly in line with the sticky topic):

Code:
dev-qt/qtcore-5.14.2:5/5.14.2::gentoo
dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.14.2:5/5.14::gentoo
dev-qt/qtdbus-5.14.2:5/5.14::gentoo
dev-qt/qtgui-5.14.2:5/5.14.2::gentoo
dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.14.2:5/5.14::gentoo
dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.14.2:5/5.14::gentoo
dev-qt/qtdiag-5.14.2:5/5.14::gentoo

Per the suggestion of Portage I try to emerge with
Code:
--backtrack=30
and
Code:
--backtrack=1000
with the same results. Following the guide here I have tried to do a one shot of the most recent dev-qt packages (5.14.2):
Code:
emerge --oneshot =dev-qt/qtcore-5.14.2:5/5.14.2 =dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.14.2:5/5.14 =dev-qt/qtdbus-5.14.2:5/5.14 =dev-qt/qtgui-5.14.2:5/5.14.2 =dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.14.2:5/5.14 =dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.14.2:5/5.14 =dev-qt/qtdiag-5.14.2:5/5.14

But again, I get the same result with slot conflicts. The full wgetpaste is here. Should I mask the 5.14.1 versions of dev-qt? Is there something else wrong in my approach or misunderstanding from the wiki? Thanks.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/portage/package/ebuild/_config/KeywordsManager.py:70: UserWarning: /etc/portage/package.keywords is deprecated, use /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords instead
  UserWarning)

First rename your /etc/portage/package.keywords in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords.
You are in a stable system and if you want install keyworded qt you should unmask all package (qt must have same version) so add dev-qt/* in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords
imieinazwisko
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
Code:
/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/portage/package/ebuild/_config/KeywordsManager.py:70: UserWarning: /etc/portage/package.keywords is deprecated, use /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords instead
  UserWarning)

First rename your /etc/portage/package.keywords in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords.
You are in a stable system and if you want install keyworded qt you should unmask all package (qt must have same version) so add dev-qt/* in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords

I've been meaning to fix the pack.accept_keywords...I finally did it.

What you said fixed the issue..I want to make sure I understand what I did. Basically I unmasked all unstable dev-qt packages? What clued you in to needing to unmask the packages? Usually portage complains to me about the ~amd64 keyword missing so I know I need to unmask something. Usually I like to keep as much as I can on stable. I tried to go all ~amd64 but had a bad experience. I'm apprehensive about having all of dev-qt unmasked.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: €°(((>< Reply with quote

imieinazwisko wrote:
Basically I unmasked all unstable dev-qt packages? What clued you in to needing to unmask the packages? Usually portage complains to me about the ~amd64 keyword missing so I know I need to unmask something. Usually I like to keep as much as I can on stable. I tried to go all ~amd64 but had a bad experience. I'm apprehensive about having all of dev-qt unmasked.

In short, all the installed Qt package versions must match.

However, you should /not/ need to add keywords to packages when running 'stable', which directly leads us to the cause: some package has been (allowed to be) '~amd64', which in turn requires more 'unstable' packages.

So, if you don't know that you want/need them unmasked, you should not need to unmask them.

It's fine to mix /some/ 'unstable' with 'stable', depending on the package, but it can lead into weird-looking problems like this.

I personally found 'stable' very boring, and switched to fully 'unstable' almost 10 years ago. It's been pretty boring too, though in a good way. :]
imieinazwisko
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: €°(((>< Reply with quote

Chiitoo wrote:
imieinazwisko wrote:
Basically I unmasked all unstable dev-qt packages? What clued you in to needing to unmask the packages? Usually portage complains to me about the ~amd64 keyword missing so I know I need to unmask something. Usually I like to keep as much as I can on stable. I tried to go all ~amd64 but had a bad experience. I'm apprehensive about having all of dev-qt unmasked.

In short, all the installed Qt package versions must match.

However, you should /not/ need to add keywords to packages when running 'stable', which directly leads us to the cause: some package has been (allowed to be) '~amd64', which in turn requires more 'unstable' packages.

So, if you don't know that you want/need them unmasked, you should not need to unmask them.

It's fine to mix /some/ 'unstable' with 'stable', depending on the package, but it can lead into weird-looking problems like this.

I personally found 'stable' very boring, and switched to fully 'unstable' almost 10 years ago. It's been pretty boring too, though in a good way. :]

I was going through my package.accept_keywords file and those initial Qt packages that were causing problems had been unmasked for something. I do have some unstable packages installed. Most of the time I unmask things manually but the last couple times I decided to try the "autounmask" feature of portage. Based on the comments it leaves it appears to be Zoom video that originally required some Qt 5.14.2 files. I only had XFCE installed at the time. I decided to try KDE and that brings in many more Qt packages which caused the conflict.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: €°(((>< Reply with quote

imieinazwisko wrote:
Based on the comments it leaves it appears to be Zoom video that originally required some Qt 5.14.2 files.

net-im/zoom depends on dev-qt/qtdiag which is not stable. autounmask would have tried to unmask the latest available version of dev-qt/qtdiag because it does not know better and that was 5.14.2, while only Qt 5.14.1 is currently stable. dev-qt/qtdiag-5.14.2 itself depends on 5.14.2 versions of Qt so that's why autounmask required you to add even more Qt packages to package.accept_keywords.

The best way would have been to add only dev-qt/qtdiag-5.14.1 to package.accept_keywords.
an0nymity
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] qt 5.x Slot Conflicts Issue Reply with quote

*** Marking this as Resolved. Putting resolution on bottom of this post. ***

I am having a similar issue as described in this topic. Here is what I am executing:

I ommited the package list. Please let me know if you want the full output
Code:
emerge --ask --verbose --keep-going dde-base/dde-meta

Code:
Total: 445 packages (4 downgrades, 441 new), Size of downloads: 1,849,731 KiB

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-qt/qtgui:5

(dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1[gles2-only=] required by (dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="cups -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                       
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1[gles2-only=] required by (dev-qt/qtmultimedia-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="alsa gstreamer widgets -debug -gles2-only -openal -pulseaudio -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1[-gles2-only] required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X -debug -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                           
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test -widgets" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                   
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                             
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="widgets -debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                 
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1:5=[gles2-only=,vulkan=] required by (dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="jit widgets -debug -gles2-only -localstorage -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                           
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/designer-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -declarative -test -webkit" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                       
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtvirtualkeyboard-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X spell -debug -handwriting -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                 
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtimageformats-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="mng -debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                             
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1[gles2-only=,png=,X?] required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="X gtk png -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                             
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="alsa system-ffmpeg system-icu widgets -bindist -debug -designer -geolocation -jumbo-build -kerberos -pulseaudio -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1[dbus] required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="X gtk png -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1[X] required by (dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                         
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1[egl,libinput,vulkan=] required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X -debug -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                   
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1[gles2-only=] required by (dev-qt/qtopengl-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                           
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtsvg-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                               

(dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.0-r1:5/5.15.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.0 required by (dev-qt/qtxcb-private-headers-5.15.0:5/5.15::deepin, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^                                                                                                                               

dev-qt/qtcore:5

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="icu -debug -old-kernel -systemd -test" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/designer-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -declarative -test -webkit" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                       
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qttest-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^                    ^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qtopengl-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtscript-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="jit -debug -scripttools -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                   
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="jit widgets -debug -gles2-only -localstorage -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                     
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtsensors-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                         
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                             
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qtconcurrent-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                       
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtwebchannel-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="qml -debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                           
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtmultimedia-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="alsa gstreamer widgets -debug -gles2-only -openal -pulseaudio -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                   
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X -debug -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                             
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="X gtk png -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                             
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtsvg-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                             
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtvirtualkeyboard-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X spell -debug -handwriting -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                 
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                     
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="networkmanager ssl -bindist -connman -debug -gssapi -libproxy -libressl -sctp -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                           
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qttest-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtimageformats-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="mng -debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                             
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="cups -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                         
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="alsa system-ffmpeg system-icu widgets -bindist -debug -designer -geolocation -jumbo-build -kerberos -pulseaudio -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qdbus-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test -widgets" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                   
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="widgets -debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                 
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="X gtk png -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                         
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qtsql-5.15.1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="sqlite -debug -freetds -mysql -oci8 -odbc -postgres -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5= required by (dev-qt/qtxml-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qtxml-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.0:5/5.15.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="icu -debug -old-kernel -systemd -test" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.0:5= required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.0:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                 
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.0:5= required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.0-r1:5/5.15.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

dev-qt/qtdbus:5

(dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qdbus-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                               
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtsensors-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                         
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="networkmanager ssl -bindist -connman -debug -gssapi -libproxy -libressl -sctp -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                           
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

(dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.0:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.0 required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.0-r1:5/5.15.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)"

Code:
emerge --info

Code:
Portage 3.0.8 (python 3.7.9-final-0, default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop, gcc-10.2.0, glibc-2.32-r1, 5.8.10-gentoo-x86_64 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-5.8.10-gentoo-x86_64-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i5-2520M_CPU_@_2.50GHz-with-gentoo-2.7
KiB Mem:    16348644 total,  14864468 free
KiB Swap:     524284 total,    524284 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 20:30:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: 1fb3653eda7234dd86981d5632a9a31b7432d29f
Head commit of repository deepin: 7cbf1bf986c07987158c32b2e8e854bf77f39798

sh bash 5.0_p18
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.34 p6) 2.34.0
app-shells/bash:          5.0_p18::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.30.3-r1::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.18-r3::gentoo, 3.7.9::gentoo, 3.8.5::gentoo, 3.9.0_rc2::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.18.2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.7::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:          0.42.1::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.20::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13-r1::gentoo, 2.69-r5::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.16.2::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.34-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            10.2.0-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     2.3.2::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r6::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.3::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 5.8::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.32-r1::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-verify-jobs: 1
    sync-rsync-verify-max-age: 24
    sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest: yes
    sync-rsync-extra-opts:

deepin
    sync-type: git
    sync-uri: https://github.com/zhtengw/deepin-overlay.git
    masters: gentoo

x-portage
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 0

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=sandybridge -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=sandybridge -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/var/cache/distfiles"
ENV_UNSET="CARGO_HOME DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS DISPLAY GOBIN GOPATH PERL5LIB PERL5OPT PERLPREFIX PERL_CORE PERL_MB_OPT PERL_MM_OPT XAUTHORITY XDG_CACHE_HOME XDG_CONFIG_HOME XDG_DATA_HOME XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
FCFLAGS="-march=sandybridge -O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-docompress binpkg-dostrip binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles ipc-sandbox merge-sync multilib-strict network-sandbox news parallel-fetch pid-sandbox preserve-libs protect-owned qa-unresolved-soname-deps sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-march=sandybridge -O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gentoo rsync://rsync.gtlib.gatech.edu/gentoo"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/var/cache/binpkgs"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi alsa amd64 bash-completion berkdb bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo cdda cdr clamav cli crypt cups curl dbus dedicated dga dri dts dvd dvdr elogind emboss encode exif fbcon ffmpeg flac fortran gdbm geoip gif gpm gstreamers gtk gui gzip iconv icu ipv6 jpeg lame lcms ldap libglvnd libnotify libtirpc lm-sensors mad matroska mng mp3 mp4 mpeg mplayer multilib ncurses networkmanager nls nptl ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf perl png policykit ppds qt5 readline sdl seccomp spell split-usr ssl startup-notification svg syslog tcpd threads tiff truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb videos vorbis wifi wxwidgets x264 xattr xcb xml xv xvid zlib" ABI_X86="64" ADA_TARGET="gnat_2018" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon sheets words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock greis isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php7-2 php7-3 php7-4" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres10 postgres11" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_7" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_7" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby25 ruby26" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_BINHOST, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

I believe all I need to do to resolve this is make sure all package builds can use "qt-dev/qt*-5.15.1". However I am not sure how to accomplish that. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. If I need to provide any additional information, please let me know.

RESOLUTION:

Thanks to fedeliallalinea for identifing the issue in the post just below this one. The issue is there is a mismatch in dependacies for qt between 5.15.0 and 5.15.1.

Utilized Package Masking and limited all dev-qt/* to >5.15.0-r1.

Once that was completed, could start the emerge no problem.

Last edited by an0nymity on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem is dev-qt/qtxcb-private-headers in deepin overlay that has not 5.15.1 version but only 5.15.0 and cause your conflicts problem.
gabrielg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm getting a slot/subslot conflict triggered by QT updates, sadly.

I first started with a pretty standard --deep --newuse --update @world, which ended up with a number of slot conflicts.

I thought emerge needs to make a further effort, so I added backtracking; this, to me, is the relevant output of my problem:
Code:

# emerge -a --backtrack=900 --deep --newuse --update @world --exclude hikari

[ebuild     U  ] dev-python/chardet-4.0.0 [3.0.4-r1]
[ebuild     U  ] app-admin/sudo-1.9.5_p1 [1.9.5]

WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2-r2:5/5.15.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="icu -debug -old-kernel -systemd -test" ABI_X86="(64)" conflicts with
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="X gtk png -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtquicktimeline-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1-r1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev wayland -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    >=dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (kde-frameworks/kxmlgui-5.77.0-r1:5/5.77::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -designer -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
                          ^^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="X -debug -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.15.1-r1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="ssl -bindist -connman -debug -gssapi -libproxy -libressl -networkmanager -sctp -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qttest-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="jit widgets -debug -gles2-only -localstorage -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^

dev-libs/icu:0

(dev-libs/icu-68.2:0/68.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -doc -examples -static-libs" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" conflicts with
    dev-libs/icu:0/67.1= required by (dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1-r1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="icu -debug -old-kernel -systemd -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
                ^^^^^^^^

!!! The following update(s) have been skipped due to unsatisfied dependencies
!!! triggered by backtracking:

dev-qt/qtxml:5
dev-qt/qtopengl:5
dev-qt/qtconcurrent:5
dev-qt/qttest:5
dev-qt/qtwidgets:5
dev-qt/qtx11extras:5
dev-qt/qtsvg:5
dev-qt/linguist-tools:5
dev-qt/qtimageformats:5
dev-qt/qtprintsupport:5
dev-qt/qtquickcontrols:5
dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects:5
dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2:5
dev-qt/qtmultimedia:5
dev-qt/qthelp:5
dev-qt/designer:5
dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns:5
dev-qt/qtsql:5
dev-qt/qtscript:5

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

It is relevant to mention that I run amd64 (aka stable).

I tried adding --chaged-slots and --ignore-built-slot-operator-deps=y as per bug comment 5. However, the output doesn't change much - the latter removes kxmlgui from the conflicting list, which is the only package that you see that ought to be scheduled for a rebuild as there are no updates available.

I also tried creating a kxmlgui-...-r2 in a personal overlay to see if emerge progressed by seeing an upgrade, but it just upgrades and reports all the conflicts regardless.

I verified that all the QT packages in question can indeed be upgraded and all the conflicts would be resolved, but emerge doesn't seem to take that hint.

While researching the ebuilds, I noticed that the latest dependencies within QT are of the type (e.g., with qtgui):
Code:
~dev-qt/qtcore-${PV}:5=

So, in this case qtgui 5.15.2 will depend on qtcore-5.15.2*:5 (so, 5.15.2, 5.15.2-r1, etc.). What I wonder is why do we need the "=" in the slot, which I _think_ is causing emerge to internally rewrite that to :5/5.15.1 (instead of 5.15.2). This is an educated guess after reading ebuild's manpage, so I may be wrong...

EDIT: The solution was to accept ~amd64 keyword on qtquicktimeline - this problem would have gone away eventually on its own, but sadly emerge didn't suggest this solution :) this helped.
dbautista
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: QT slot block Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having a QT update block... I've been trying to figure out how to solve it for almost a week with no success...

Code:
# emerge -uDNav --with-bdeps=y --verbose-conflicts --keep-going --backtrack=30 --autounmask-backtrack=y system world

Calculating dependencies -
... done!

[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2-r2:5/5.15.2::gentoo [5.15.1-r1:5/5.15.1::gentoo] USE="icu -debug -old-kernel -systemd -test" 49.004 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1-r1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="ssl -bindist -connman -debug -gssapi -libproxy -libressl -networkmanager -sctp -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtxml-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qttest-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtconcurrent-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtsql-5.15.2:5/5.15.2::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15.1::gentoo] USE="mysql sqlite -debug -freetds -oci8 -odbc -postgres -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtpaths-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 8.687 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtscript-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="jit -debug -scripttools -test" 2.601 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtspeech-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 100 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -qml -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qdbus-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -qml -test" 5.088 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtsensors-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -qml -test" 2.009 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qttranslations-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 1.387 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15.2::gentoo [5.15.1-r1:5/5.15.1::gentoo] USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus* -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="X gtk png -debug -gles2-only -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 141 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtsvg-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 1.843 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="cups -debug -gles2-only -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtopengl-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -gles2-only -test" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/designer-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -declarative -test (-webkit%)" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtimageformats-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="mng -debug -test" 1.765 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kcoreaddons-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -doc (-fam) -test" 394 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/karchive-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 961 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kdbusaddons-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X nls -debug -doc -test" 42 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kcodecs-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -doc -test" 223 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/attica-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 65 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/threadweaver-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 1.378 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtbluetooth-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -qml -test" 2.750 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="jit widgets -debug -gles2-only -localstorage -test -vulkan" 21.055 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-libs/icu-68.2:0/68.2::gentoo [67.1:0/67.1::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -examples -static-libs" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 24.158 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtmultimedia-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="alsa gstreamer widgets -debug -gles2-only -openal -pulseaudio -qml -test" 3.739 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/ki18n-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8 -python3_7 -python3_9" 577 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kitemmodels-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="qml -debug -doc -test" 394 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="widgets -debug -test" 5.843 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 13.712 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="X -debug -test -vulkan" 552 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtvirtualkeyboard-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="X spell -debug -handwriting -test" 10.699 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] app-office/libreoffice-bin-6.4.7.2_p2::gentoo [6.4.7.2_p1::gentoo] USE="java -gnome -kde" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8" 158.276 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtpositioning-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="qml -debug -geoclue -test" 6.404 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kdoctools-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -test" 429 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kpackage-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0-r1:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -man -test" 138 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo [5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo] USE="-debug -test -widgets" 8.091 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kpty-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 55 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kunitconversion-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 841 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kjs-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="handbook -debug -test" 331 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kconfig-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="dbus nls -debug -doc -test" 258 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kwidgetsaddons-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0-r1:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -designer -doc -test" 2.313 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kwindowsystem-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X nls -debug -doc -test" 173 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kitemviews-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0-r1:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -designer -doc -test" 74 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kguiaddons-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test -wayland%" 58 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kirigami-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0-r1:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -examples -test" 291 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/sonnet-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="hunspell nls -aspell -debug -designer -doc -test" 288 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/syntax-highlighting-5.77.0-r1:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -doc -test" 2.185 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kidletime-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X -debug -doc -xscreensaver" 26 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kimageformats-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -eps -openexr -test" 537 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kcrash-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -doc -test" 22 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kcompletion-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -designer -doc -test" 119 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/knotifications-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X dbus nls -debug -doc -phonon -speech" 118 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kjobwidgets-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X nls -debug -doc -test" 91 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kpeople-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 61 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kcontacts-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 532 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kservice-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="man -debug -doc -test" 255 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kglobalaccel-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -doc -test" 86 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kdesu-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X -debug -doc -test" 51 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kemoticons-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 1.659 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/solid-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -doc -ios% -test" 268 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kauth-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls policykit -debug -doc -test" 86 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kconfigwidgets-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="man -debug -designer -doc -test" 379 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kiconthemes-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -designer -doc -test" 218 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/ktextwidgets-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -designer -doc -speech -test" 317 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kwallet-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="man -debug -doc -gpg -test" 293 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kxmlgui-5.77.0-r1:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0-r2:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -designer -doc -test" 841 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kbookmarks-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="nls -debug -doc -test" 124 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kio-5.77.0-r1:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.1-r2:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X acl handbook kwallet -debug -designer -doc -kerberos -test" 3.216 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kinit-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X caps man -debug" 119 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kded-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="man -debug" 36 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kdeclarative-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0-r2:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc" 181 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/knewstuff-5.77.0-r1:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc" 1.117 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kparts-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 187 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/knotifyconfig-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -phonon" 83 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kactivities-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 71 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kcmutils-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 252 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kdelibs4support-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X handbook -debug -libressl -test" 3.464 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/frameworkintegration-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0-r1:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -test" 1.714 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/ktexteditor-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="editorconfig -debug -doc -git -test" 2.299 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/plasma-5.77.0-r1:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0-r1:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X -debug -doc -gles2-only -test -wayland" 3.083 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kactivities-stats-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 81 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/krunner-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 69 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/khtml-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="X -debug -libressl -test" 2.041 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/kfilemetadata-5.77.0:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="exif ffmpeg pdf taglib -debug -doc -epub -office -test" 415 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] kde-frameworks/baloo-5.77.0-r1:5/5.77::gentoo [5.74.0:5/5.74::gentoo] USE="-debug -doc -test" 284 KiB

Total: 93 packages (93 upgrades), Size of downloads: 364.126 KiB

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

(dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2:5=[gles2-only=,vulkan=] required by (dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="jit widgets -debug -gles2-only -localstorage -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2[gles2-only=,png=,X?] required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X gtk png -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2[gles2-only=] required by (dev-qt/qtmultimedia-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="alsa gstreamer widgets -debug -gles2-only -openal -pulseaudio -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2[gles2-only=] required by (dev-qt/qtopengl-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2[-gles2-only] required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X -debug -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2[X] required by (dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtsvg-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtimageformats-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="mng -debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2[dbus] required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X gtk png -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtvirtualkeyboard-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X spell -debug -handwriting -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2[gles2-only=] required by (dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="cups -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test -widgets" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2[egl,libinput,vulkan=] required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X -debug -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="widgets -debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/designer-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -declarative -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^             ^^^^^^^^^

(dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1-r1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="X dbus egl gif ibus jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    dev-qt/qtgui:5/5.15.1= required by (media-libs/opencv-4.5.0:0/4.5.0::gentoo, installed) USE="eigen features2d ffmpeg gstreamer java jpeg jpeg2k opengl openmp png python qt5 tiff vaapi xine -contrib (-contribcvv) -contribdnn -contribfreetype (-contribhdf) (-contribovis) (-contribsfm) (-contribxfeatures2d) (-cuda) -debug -dnnsamples -download -examples -gdal (-gflags) (-glog) -gphoto2 -gtk3 -ieee1394 -lapack -lto -opencl -opencvapps -openexr (-tesseract) -testprograms -threads -v4l (-vtk) -webp" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="avx popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 -avx2 -avx512f -f16c -fma3" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_8 -python3_7 -python3_9"
                ^^^^^^^^^^
    >=dev-qt/qtgui-5.14.2:5/5.15.1=[-gles2-only] required by (kde-plasma/kwin-5.19.5-r1:5/5::gentoo, installed) USE="handbook -caps -debug -gles2-only -multimedia -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
                         ^^^^^^^^^^
    dev-qt/qtgui:5/5.15.1= required by (lxqt-base/lxqt-qtplugin-0.16.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)"
                ^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                 
    dev-qt/qtgui:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-libs/libqtxdg-3.6.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-test" ABI_X86="(64)"
                ^^^^^^^^^^
    >=dev-qt/qtgui-5.14.2:5/5.15.1=[dbus] required by (kde-plasma/plasma-integration-5.19.5-r1:5/5::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
                         ^^^^^^^^^^
    dev-qt/qtgui:5/5.15.1= required by (x11-libs/libfm-qt-0.16.0:0/7::gentoo, installed) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)"
                ^^^^^^^^^^

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2-r2:5/5.15.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="icu -debug -old-kernel -systemd -test" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtsvg-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="jit widgets -debug -gles2-only -localstorage -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtimageformats-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="mng -debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtwayland-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X -debug -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtopengl-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qttranslations-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X gtk png -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qdbus-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="cups -debug -gles2-only -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtxmlpatterns-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtnetwork-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="ssl -bindist -connman -debug -gssapi -libproxy -libressl -networkmanager -sctp -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/designer-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -declarative -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtconcurrent-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtbluetooth-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtspeech-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test -widgets" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtsensors-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="widgets -debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtx11extras-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtpositioning-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="qml -debug -geoclue -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qttest-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtmultimedia-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="alsa gstreamer widgets -debug -gles2-only -openal -pulseaudio -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtscript-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="jit -debug -scripttools -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtpaths-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtxml-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtvirtualkeyboard-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X spell -debug -handwriting -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.2:5= required by (dev-qt/qtsql-5.15.2:5/5.15.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="mysql sqlite -debug -freetds -oci8 -odbc -postgres -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^^^^

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1-r1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="icu -debug -old-kernel -systemd -test" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1:5/5.15.1= required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1-r1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="X dbus egl gif ibus jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)"

dev-qt/qtdbus:5

(dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qdbus-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.2-r1:5/5.15.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="X dbus egl gif jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -ibus -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtsensors-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.2 required by (dev-qt/qtbluetooth-5.15.2:5/5.15::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-debug -qml -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^

(dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1:5/5.15::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -test" ABI_X86="(64)" pulled in by
    ~dev-qt/qtdbus-5.15.1 required by (dev-qt/qtgui-5.15.1-r1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed) USE="X dbus egl gif ibus jpeg libinput png udev -accessibility -debug -eglfs -evdev -gles2-only -test -tslib -tuio -vnc -vulkan -wayland" ABI_X86="(64)"
    ^              ^^^^^^

... and more errors with some kde-frameworks packages ...

!!! The slot conflict(s) shown above involve package(s) which may need to
!!! be rebuilt in order to solve the conflict(s). However, the following
!!! package(s) cannot be rebuilt for the reason(s) shown:

(dev-qt/qtcore-5.15.1-r1:5/5.15.1::gentoo, installed): ebuild is masked or unavailable

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- kde-frameworks/kdesignerplugin-5.74.0::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
# Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@gentoo.org> (2021-01-11)
# KF5 PortingAid (from kdelibs4) without any remaining revdeps. Bug #755956
# Masked for removal in 30 days.

For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

Any helping hand?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already tried to increase backtrack value?

Quote:

Never trim your portage output, your actual error might be in there.

Last edited by asturm on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
gabrielg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: QT slot block Reply with quote

dbautista wrote:
Hi, I'm having a QT update block... I've been trying to figure out how to solve it for almost a week with no success...

Could you give us the output of the following?
Code:
emerge -pv --update --deep --newuse --verbose-conflicts --backtrack=0 --ignore-built-slot-operator-deps @world
Also, the output of
Code:
grep -ri "dev-qt" /etc/portage
may help.
I assume that you have tried my resolution on the post above?
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Quote:

Never trim your portage output, your actual error might be in there.

Instead use wgetpaste
dbautista
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emerge -uDNav --with-bdeps=y --verbose-conflicts --keep-going --backtrack=30 --autounmask-backtrack=y system world

https://pastebin.com/exkzBrqi

emerge -uDNav --with-bdeps=y --verbose-conflicts --keep-going --backtrack=1000 --autounmask-backtrack=y system world

https://pastebin.com/XmkzGhUB

emerge -pv --update --deep --newuse --verbose-conflicts --backtrack=0 --ignore-built-slot-operator-deps y @world

https://pastebin.com/3icey3r4

grep -ri "dev-qt" /etc/portage

Code:

dev-qt/qtsql mysql
>=dev-qt/qtsingleapplication-2.6.1_p20150629 qt4 qt5
>=dev-qt/qtlockedfile-2.4.1_p20150629 qt4 qt5
<dev-qt/qtwebkit-5 -gstreamer
>=dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.6.1 printsupport
>=dev-qt/qtmultimedia-5.6.1 widgets
>=dev-qt/qtwayland-5.6.2 egl
>=dev-qt/qtgui-5.6.2 egl
>=dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.7.1-r2 widgets
>=dev-qt/qtwebchannel-5.7.1 qml
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- kde-frameworks/kdesignerplugin-5.74.0::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
# Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@gentoo.org> (2021-01-11)
# KF5 PortingAid (from kdelibs4) without any remaining revdeps. Bug #755956
# Masked for removal in 30 days.

Remove it. Do you have kde-frameworks/ packages in your world file for some reason?

Code:
# emerge --deselect "kde-frameworks/*"

Last edited by asturm on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: