Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
wierd problems emerge, compile process always locks up.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nfz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: wierd problems emerge, compile process always locks up. Reply with quote

wierd problems emerge, compile process always locks up somewhere!!

I have tried compiling mysql and php, and the compile process just locks up randomly, sometimes it the beginning, sometimes later, its everytime diffrent, but it never finishes emerge, compile process, it just get stuck, and freeze/stop.

Then I spawn 2nd shell, and login i do a ps aux
I will see this:
root 15389 0.0 0.0 0 0 pts/0 Z 03:07 0:00 [sed <defunct>]
root 15388 0.0 0.2 1416 304 pts/0 T 03:07 0:00 sed -e 1s/^X// -e s/\([\\`\\"$\\\\]\)/\\\1/g

if I killall -9 sed, it will continue, but I expect that doing this, I will break something ?
Anyways this happens when i compile mysql, and php.
And it stops everytime at a diffrent place.
What is GOING wrong ? I am so clueless, since this problem is just too weird. And my GENTOO was working perfectly in the beginning, I installed from stage 1, compiled php apache, mysql without problems before, but now without any changes to the box, all these problems appear!

clueless nFz
Aruspex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it always sed that is defunct? If so, maybe that is a good place to start checking things out.
nfz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aruspex wrote:
Is it always sed that is defunct? If so, maybe that is a good place to start checking things out.

Its not always, but like 80% of the cases. I tried checking sed version, etc etc. But its updated to date, and it works perfectly when I test the cmd out. But its hard to believe that sed might be the case, since I used this sed from the very beginning to setup my whole system (from stage1).

I will try re-emerge sed, if that is still possible.

nFz
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: