nvidia drivers/tux race query
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breakerfall
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: nvidia drivers/tux race query Reply with quote

Hi there.... I just installed gentoo the other day and I now have kde installed aswell [although auto loading it causes problems.]

Just as a general enquiry, would I have the latest nvidia drivers from the install when I did the #emerge nvidia-glx, or should I visit nvidias webbie and download them from there aswell?

It's just that all my fonts are blocky in mozilla and I've been through the options.

------------------

On another note, I installed tux racer and it runs fine but the graphics are a little blocky. Is there a file you can config to play around with the graphics? I know there's one in the windows version... but I couldn't find it on my machine here?!

Thanks and regards :)
nephros
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: nvidia drivers/tux race query Reply with quote

breakerfall wrote:

Just as a general enquiry, would I have the latest nvidia drivers from the install when I did the #emerge nvidia-glx, or should I visit nvidias webbie and download them from there aswell?

If you emerge anything emerge usually fetches the latest (working) version automatically. (If you have done an emerge sync recently).
So yes, if you emerged nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel (you'll need that one too!)
there is no need to go to the nvidia page and download it again.
breakerfall wrote:

On another note, I installed tux racer and it runs fine but the graphics are a little blocky. Is there a file you can config to play around with the graphics? I know there's one in the windows version... but I couldn't find it on my machine here?!

The config file is in ~/.tuxracer/options. You can set things like reslution and display depth etc. there.
I am not sure what you mean by blocky, but you might want to read /usr/doc/nvidia-glx/README.gz as well, there are option to anti-alias your 3D games' graphics.
breakerfall
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou very much.

Nice, simple, to the point answers :-)

Regards
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: