can't install Mysql
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rroet
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: can't install Mysql Reply with quote

Hia,

I have the following problem with Mysql-3.23.51-Rx.ebuild (x=anyversion).. Even with 3.23.49 I have the problem

It won't go passed the checking of BerkeleyDB. I have version 3.2.9 installed but it says it only accepts 3.2.9a...

What Happen?

Rrroot.

p.s. Prior to the emerging of Mysql-3.23.51 I performed a emerge --clean rsync so yes, if I check for the latest version of BerkeleyDB my system tells me I have it installed.
Messiah
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem here...it seems broken
you can downgrade to db 3.2.3h-r4 and then it will work again
horza
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

I noticed in another thread, that seems to have disappeared, someone mentioning a patch yesterday (Wed) lunchtime but nothing seems to have been fixes as of 3.20pm Thurs :-( How do I downgrade my system?

Phillip.
Nitro
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Same here Reply with quote

horza wrote:
I noticed in another thread, that seems to have disappeared, someone mentioning a patch yesterday (Wed) lunchtime but nothing seems to have been fixes as of 3.20pm Thurs :-( How do I downgrade my system?

Phillip.

Try this:
Code:
emerge /usr/portage/sys-libs/db/db-3.2.3h-r4.ebuild dev-db/mysql -p

Please, please SEARCH before posting.

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.
horza
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: But what if I want to update world? Reply with quote

I am doing that now, and it's currently compiling, but when I try and update world surely it will try and use the latest (non-working) version instead? For some reason KDE lists mysql as a dependency, and I suspect won't be able to upgrade KDE to 3.0.2 until the mysql issue is either taken out as a dependency of KDE (how do I do this?) or the mysql ebuild bug is fixed.

Phillip.
horza
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Ok, I was wrong Reply with quote

I think someone beat me to it. Yesterday when I tried to emerge kde it kept trying to install/update mysql. Today I can emerge update kde and it ignores mysql. Well done and much thanks,

Phillip.
Rroet
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Same here Reply with quote

Nitro wrote:

Try this:
Code:
emerge /usr/portage/sys-libs/db/db-3.2.3h-r4.ebuild dev-db/mysql -p

Mmm.. I remember playing arround with my DB before, last time it had gone korsakov on me and left me with a non functioning sendmailservice. (fixed it though, de-installed sendmail, hesoid and bind) and reinstalled the bunch.. (those were the only "changed" packages) at that moment.

but are you SURE this won't affect my package db? Last time I felt bent over and been taken fairly unpleasant. :oops:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: