Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[kde-testing] and [kde-crazy] KDE4 overlays thread (part 3)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tampakrap
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: [kde-testing] and [kde-crazy] KDE4 overlays thread (part 3) Reply with quote

This is the third part of the support thread for kde-testing and kde-crazy overlays (part 1, part2)

kde-testing overlay is the official and support Gentoo KDE Team's overlay*. When mature enough and tested, packages from this overlay are being transferred to Portage repository. If you want to use this overlay visit this guide. You can get support for this overlay in #gentoo-kde and help Gentoo KDE team testing it before it is moved into the official Portage tree.

kde-crazy overlay is playground for Gentoo KDE team. That being said it's known to eat puppies and kill kittens. It contains unstable KDE4 releases as well as live (Subversion) ebuilds. We now accept bugs regarding this overlay, but only ebuild bugs and not upstream problems. If you have some suggestions or you would like to contribute, contact Gentoo KDE team on #gentoo-kde.

Please, when posting, be specific about the overlay/branch/slot you are using.

*Although ebuilds on the kde-testing overlay are supported by the KDE team, according to forums policy, questions regarding ebuilds from overlays belong to the US forum
PaV
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting blockers:

Code:
# emerge -uav @world
 * Overlay eclasses override eclasses from PORTDIR:
 *   '/usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/eclass/kde4-base.eclass'
 *   '/usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/eclass/kde4-functions.eclass'
 *   '/usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/eclass/kde4-meta.eclass'     
 * It is best to avoid overriding eclasses from PORTDIR because it will 
 * trigger invalidation of cached ebuild metadata that is distributed with
 * the portage tree. If you must override eclasses from PORTDIR then you 
 * are advised to add FEATURES="metadata-transfer" to /etc/make.conf and to
 * run `emerge --regen` after each time that you run `emerge --sync`. Set 
 * PORTAGE_ECLASS_WARNING_ENABLE="0" in /etc/make.conf if you would like to
 * disable this warning.                                                   

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U ] x11-libs/qt-gui-4.4.2-r1 [4.4.2] USE="accessibility cups dbus qt3support tiff -debug -glib -mng -nas -nis -pch -xinerama" INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom" 0 kB [0=>1]
[ebuild  NS   ] sys-kernel/hitchhiker-sources-2.6.27-r8 [2.6.26-r1, 2.6.26-r2, 2.6.27-r2, 2.6.27-r4, 2.6.27-r6] USE="-build -symlink" 760 kB [2]                           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkholidays-4.1.85  USE="-debug -kdeprefix" 0 kB [1]                                                                                             
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/libkdepim-4.1.85 [3.5.9] USE="-debug -kdeprefix" 0 kB [1]                                                                                         
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/kdelibs-4.1.3-r1 [3.5.9-r4, 4.1.85] USE="acl alsa bzip2 mmx nls opengl semantic-desktop sse sse2 ssl -3dnow (-altivec) -bindist -debug -doc -fam -htmlhandbook -jpeg2k -kdeprefix -kerberos -openexr -spell -test -zeroconf" 0 kB [0]                                                                                                                             
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/libkworkspace-4.1.3 [4.1.85] USE="-debug -kdeprefix" 0 kB [0]                                                                                                       
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/libtaskmanager-4.1.3 [4.1.85] USE="-debug -kdeprefix -xcomposite" 0 kB [0]                                                                                           
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/ktouch-4.1.85 [3.5.9] USE="-debug -htmlhandbook -kdeprefix" 57,477 kB [1]                                                                                           
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/kate-4.1.85 [3.5.9] USE="plasma -debug -htmlhandbook -kdeprefix" 5,287 kB [1]                                                                                       
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/kmix-4.1.85 [3.5.9] USE="alsa -debug -htmlhandbook -kdeprefix" 1,519 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libplasma-4.1.3  USE="opengl -debug -kdeprefix -test -xinerama" 0 kB [0]
[ebuild  NS   ] kde-base/kalarm-4.1.85 [3.5.9] USE="-kdeprefix" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  NS   ] media-sound/amarok-1.90-r1 [1.4.10-r1] USE="opengl -cdaudio -daap -debug -ifp -kdeprefix -mp3tunes -mp4 -mtp -mysql -njb -visualization" 0 kB [0]
[ebuild     U ] sys-libs/glibc-2.9_p20081201-r1 [2.9_p20081201] USE="(multilib) nls -debug -gd -glibc-compat20 -glibc-omitfp (-hardened) -profile (-selinux) -vanilla" 0 kB [0]
[ebuild     U ] sys-devel/gcc-4.3.2-r1 [4.3.2] USE="fortran gcj gtk mudflap (multilib) nls openmp (-altivec) -bootstrap -build -doc (-fixed-point) (-hardened) -ip28 -ip32r10k -libffi -multislot (-n32) (-n64) -nocxx -nopie -objc -objc++ -objc-gc -test -vanilla" 0 kB [0]
[ebuild     U ] app-admin/conky-1.6.2_pre1347 [1.6.2_pre01267] USE="X ipv6 rss truetype vim-syntax -audacious (-bmpx) -debug -hddtemp -moc -mpd -nano-syntax -nvidia -smapi -wifi" 0 kB [0]
[blocks B     ] kde-base/libtaskmanager:4.2[-kdeprefix] ("kde-base/libtaskmanager:4.2[-kdeprefix]" is blocking kde-base/libtaskmanager-4.1.3)
[blocks B     ] kde-base/kdelibs:4.2[-kdeprefix] ("kde-base/kdelibs:4.2[-kdeprefix]" is blocking kde-base/kdelibs-4.1.3-r1)
[blocks B     ] kde-base/libkworkspace:4.2[-kdeprefix] ("kde-base/libkworkspace:4.2[-kdeprefix]" is blocking kde-base/libkworkspace-4.1.3)

Total: 16 packages (4 upgrades, 2 new, 10 in new slots), Size of downloads: 65,042 kB
Conflict: 3 blocks (3 unsatisfied)
Portage tree and overlays:
 [0] /usr/portage
 [1] /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing
 [2] /usr/portage/local/layman/berkano

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#blocked

I guess I must've got some 4.1.3 portage packages installed before moving to kde-testing. Now I can't really figure out how to get rid of them... Could anyone help? Thank you!
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try:
Code:
equery l kde-libs/ | grep 4\.1 | xargs emerge -Cp

EDIT: OK, I see you also have to unmask amarok-2* because I suspect 1.90* to pull in 4.1 dependencies.

tampakrap wrote:
@genstorm
sets are written in /var/lib/portage/world_sets just remove them from there. When you try to reinstall a set it gets written to world_sets again.
@koffice-2 and @koffice are two completely different sets, the one is for the in-portage koffice and the other is for the kde-crazy unstable one.

Thank you very much. :)
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*subscribes*

anyone experiencing the same with nvidia-drivers?

if you start right into the kde-session (for me from gdm), you see the startup-animation, the desktop appears, widgets being displayed (all in all everything),

then the screen becomes black stays that way for several seconds (perhaps the memory-usage of X grows during that period) and then it comes back for input

I have to look at it again later if during that period the mouse pointer is being displayed ...

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't encounter that yet.

I suppose you're on :live, 2.6.28 and nvidia-drivers-180.18?
reavertm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tranquilcool
Quote:
errors compilling many kde-9999 applications;

What application? Are you sure you have synced overlay? No problems here so far..

*subscribes as well*
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
I didn't encounter that yet.

I suppose you're on :live, 2.6.28 and nvidia-drivers-180.18?

correct :)

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reavertm wrote:
@tranquilcool
Quote:
errors compilling many kde-9999 applications;

What application? Are you sure you have synced overlay? No problems here so far..

*subscribes as well*

the following packages fail because of package collisions (same files)

kde-base/solid-9999
kde-base/libworkspace-9999
kde-base/ksysguard-9999
kde-base/kephal-9999
kde-base/libtaskmanager-9999
kde-base/libplasmaclock-9999
kde-base/kscreensaver-9999
kde-base/kwin-9999
kde-base/plasma-workspace-9999

Detected file collision(s):
* /usr/kde/live/lib/KDE4Workspace-4.2.0/cmake/KDE4WorkspaceLibraryTargets-release.cmake
* /usr/kde/live/lib/KDE4Workspace-4.2.0/cmake/KDE4WorkspaceLibraryTargets.cmake
* /usr/kde/live/lib/KDE4Workspace-4.2.0/cmake/KDE4WorkspaceConfigVersion.cmake
* /usr/kde/live/lib/KDE4Workspace-4.2.0/cmake/KDE4WorkspaceConfig.cmake

EDIT: above problem fixed kdebase revision 902833

these others fail;
kde-base/kstartupconfig-9999
ksplash-9999
kde-base/kde-wallpapers-9999
kde-base/kdebase-cursors-9999
kde-base/ksystraycmd-9999
kde-base/kcminit-9999
kde-base/ksmserver-9999
kde-base/systemsettings-9999
kde-base/khotkeys-9999
kde-base/krunner-9999
kde-base/powerdevil-9999
kde-base/kdm-9999
kde-base/klipper-9999
kde-base/kmenuedit-9999
kde-base/kdebase-startkde-9999

with these errors

- Configuring done
- CMake Error: INSTALL(EXPORT) given unknown export "kdeworkspaceLibraryTargets"
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_configure
* environment, line 3640: Called kde4-meta_src_configure
* environment, line 2803: Called kde4-base_src_configure
* environment, line 2515: Called cmake-utils_src_configure
* environment, line 907: Called cmake-utils_src_configureout
* environment, line 926: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* cmake -C "${TMPDIR}/gentoo_common_config.cmake" ${cmakeargs} "${S}" || die
"Cmake failed";

yes i have synced (kdebase revision 902747, revision 902758 ), deleted the overlay, added the overlay back, removed the files, added the files back.

EDIT: problem not fixed.

Last edited by tranquilcool on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
earendilion
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if you start right into the kde-session (for me from gdm), you see the startup-animation, the desktop appears, widgets being displayed (all in all everything),

then the screen becomes black stays that way for several seconds (perhaps the memory-usage of X grows during that period) and then it comes back for input

I've got nearly the same bug with :4.1.85, nvidia-drivers-180.16 from berkano, and kernel 2.6.27-r3 : I'm led back to kdm during the splash animation, I don't see the desktop.

If I use 177.80 I can login without any problem.

Last edited by earendilion on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
earendilion
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another problem trying to compile amarok-2.0.0-r1 with qt-4.5_beta1 :

Code:
/usr/include/qt4/QtScript/qscriptengine.h: In function 'T qscriptvalue_cast(const QScriptValue&, T*) [with T = QLatin1String]':
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1/work/amarok_build/src/scriptengine/generator/generator/generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_core/qtscript_QXmlStreamAttributes.cpp:237:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/qt4/QtScript/qscriptengine.h:366: error: no matching function for call to 'QLatin1String::QLatin1String()'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:638: note: candidates are: QLatin1String::QLatin1String(const char*)
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:636: note:                 QLatin1String::QLatin1String(const QLatin1String&)
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1/work/amarok_build/src/scriptengine/generator/generator/generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_core/qtscript_QXmlStreamAttributes.cpp:237:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/qt4/QtScript/qscriptengine.h:374: error: no matching function for call to 'QLatin1String::QLatin1String()'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:638: note: candidates are: QLatin1String::QLatin1String(const char*)
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:636: note:                 QLatin1String::QLatin1String(const QLatin1String&)
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qmetatype.h: In function 'void* qMetaTypeConstructHelper(const T*) [with T = QLatin1String]':
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qmetatype.h:147:   instantiated from 'int qRegisterMetaType(const char*, T*) [with T = QLatin1String]'
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1/work/amarok_build/src/scriptengine/generator/generator/generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_core/qtscript_QXmlStreamAttributes.cpp:105:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qmetatype.h:121: error: no matching function for call to 'QLatin1String::QLatin1String()'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvariant.h: In function 'T qvariant_cast(const QVariant&) [with T = QLatin1String]':
/usr/include/qt4/QtScript/qscriptengine.h:372:   instantiated from 'T qscriptvalue_cast(const QScriptValue&, T*) [with T = QLatin1String]'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvariant.h:563: error: no matching function for call to 'QLatin1String::QLatin1String()'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvariant.h:567: error: no matching function for call to 'QLatin1String::QLatin1String()'
make[2]: *** [src/scriptengine/generator/generator/CMakeFiles/qtscript_core.dir/generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_core/qtscript_QXmlStreamAttributes.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/scriptengine/generator/generator/CMakeFiles/qtscript_core.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

... was a function used by amarok, dropped or modified between Qt-4.4 and Qt-4.5 ?
mikedee
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that kde-base/kde-l10n is missing from the package.keywords file for kde-live. I had to manually add it to my package.keywords to emerge the kde-live set.
tampakrap
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello hardcore compilers :)
just recompiled everything today, i fixed one package and got no collisions. kde-l10n IS missing i'll add it now :) (thanks mikedee)
Now i have three remaining failures: k9copy (upstream problem i should report it), pykde4 (really b0rked), amarok (what was that f----- workaround?)
loftwyr
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to install kdebluetooth4 from the kde-testing overlay and it fails all over the place with errors like:
Code:

[ 46%] Building CXX object src/inputwizard/CMakeFiles/kbluetooth4-inputwizard.dir/kbluetooth4-inputwizard_automoc.o                     
Scanning dependencies of target kbluetooth4                                                                                             
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:36: warning: unused parameter 'parent'                                                                                                                           
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp: In destructor 'virtual DeviceMan::~DeviceMan()':                                                                                                               
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:93: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous 'else'                                                                                                   
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:101: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous 'else'                                                                                                 
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:104: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous 'else'                                                                                                 
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp: At global scope:       
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:111: warning: unused parameter 'set'                                                                                                                             
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp: In member function 'void DeviceMan::getConfiguredDevices()':                                                                                                   
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:129: error: 'class Solid::Control::BluetoothManager' has no member named 'bluetoothInputDevices'                                                                 
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:135: error: 'class Solid::Control::BluetoothInputDevice' has no member named 'name'                                                                             
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:136: error: 'class Solid::Control::BluetoothInputDevice' has no member named 'name'                                                                             
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:137: error: 'class Solid::Control::BluetoothManager' has no member named 'createBluetoothInputDevice'                                                           
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:138: error: 'class Solid::Control::BluetoothInputDevice' has no member named 'address'                                                                           
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:139: error: 'class Solid::Control::BluetoothInputDevice' has no member named 'address'                                                                           
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:140: error: 'class Solid::Control::BluetoothInputDevice' has no member named 'address'                                                                           
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:147: error: 'class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice' has no member named 'name'                                                                             
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:148: error: 'class Solid::Control::BluetoothRemoteDevice' has no member named 'serviceClasses'                                                                   
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:148: error: template argument 1 is invalid                                                                                                                       
/var/tmp/paludis/net-wireless-kdebluetooth4-0.2-r1/work/kdebluetooth4-0.2/src/device-manager/devicemanager.cpp:148: error: invalid type in declaration before '(' token                                                                                                         

They continue merrily on. Perhaps this should be masked until it can be updated upstream? It's last release was in September...
mikedee
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tampakrap, this is my update amarok script (taken from a previous post here)

Code:
#!/bin/bash

( source /etc/make.conf && CFLAGS="-DPIC -fPIC" CXXFLAGS="-DPIC -fPIC" emerge -1 dev-db/mysql-community ) && emerge media-sound/amarok && emerge -1 dev-db/mysql-community
_fr0st
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Plasma-workspace failes to compile, tip Reply with quote

Hi,

libplasmaclock failed earlier today, because the folder was renamed by the kde guys, but was soon fixed in the overlay.
So, after a "layman -S" I ran "emerge --resume", worked perfectly.
But plasma-workspace gives:
Building CXX object plasma/applets/devicenotifier/CMakeFiles/plasma_applet_devicenotifier.dir/devicenotifier.o
In file included from /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/plasma-workspace-9999/work/plasma-workspace/plasma/applets/analog-clock/clock.cpp:21:
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/plasma-workspace-9999/work/plasma-workspace/plasma/applets/analog-clock/clock.h:38:37: error: plasmaclock/clockapplet.h: No such file or directory

So, when I do a "ln -s /usr/kde/live/include/libplasmaclock /usr/kde/live/include/plasmaclock", it works.
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these others fail;
kde-base/kstartupconfig-9999
ksplash-9999
kde-base/kde-wallpapers-9999
kde-base/kdebase-cursors-9999
kde-base/ksystraycmd-9999
kde-base/kcminit-9999
kde-base/ksmserver-9999
kde-base/systemsettings-9999
kde-base/khotkeys-9999
kde-base/krunner-9999
kde-base/powerdevil-9999
kde-base/kdm-9999
kde-base/klipper-9999
kde-base/kmenuedit-9999
kde-base/kdebase-startkde-9999

with these errors

- Configuring done
- CMake Error: INSTALL(EXPORT) given unknown export "kdeworkspaceLibraryTargets"
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_configure
* environment, line 3640: Called kde4-meta_src_configure
* environment, line 2803: Called kde4-base_src_configure
* environment, line 2515: Called cmake-utils_src_configure
* environment, line 907: Called cmake-utils_src_configureout
* environment, line 926: Called die
* cmake -C "${TMPDIR}/gentoo_common_config.cmake" ${cmakeargs} "${S}" || die
"Cmake failed";

well well well i can't solve these problems and don't actually know what could be wrong.
tampakrap
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tranquilcool
seems like cmake problems give me your cmake version. I'll also try to force scarabeus to have a look :)

@_fr0st
i fixed the plasmaclock issue in the overlay today, and plasma-workspace compiled fine here

@mikedee
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tampakrap wrote:
@tranquilcool
seems like cmake problems give me your cmake version. I'll also try to force scarabeus to have a look :)

@_fr0st
i fixed the plasmaclock issue in the overlay today, and plasma-workspace compiled fine here

@mikedee

cmake-2.6.2

# Copyright 1999-2007 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/eclass/cmake-utils.eclass,v 1.16 2008/12/24 15:41:06 scarabeus Exp $

# @ECLASS: cmake-utils.eclass
# @MAINTAINER:
# kde@gentoo.org
# @BLURB: common ebuild functions for cmake-based packages
# @DESCRIPTION:
# The cmake-utils eclass contains functions that make creating ebuilds for
# cmake-based packages much easier.
# Its main features are support of out-of-source builds as well as in-source
# builds and an implementation of the well-known use_enable and use_with
# functions for CMake.

# Original author: Zephyrus (zephyrus@mirach.it)

inherit toolchain-funcs multilib flag-o-matic

DESCRIPTION="Based on the ${ECLASS} eclass"

DEPEND=">=dev-util/cmake-2.4.6"

case ${EAPI} in
2)
EXPORT_FUNCTIONS src_configure src_compile src_test src_install
;;
*)
EXPORT_FUNCTIONS src_compile src_test src_install
;;
esac

# Internal function use by cmake-utils_use_with and cmake-utils_use_enable
_use_me_now() {
debug-print-function $FUNCNAME $*
[[ -z $2 ]] && die "cmake-utils_use-$1 <USE flag> [<flag name>]"
echo "-D$1_${3:-$2}=$(use $2 && echo ON || echo OFF)"
}

# @VARIABLE: DOCS
# @DESCRIPTION:
# Documents to dodoc

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_use_with
# @USAGE: <USE flag> [flag name]
# @DESCRIPTION:
# Based on use_with. See ebuild(5).
#
# `cmake-utils_use_with foo FOO` echoes -DWITH_FOO=ON if foo is enabled
# and -DWITH_FOO=OFF if it is disabled.
cmake-utils_use_with() { _use_me_now WITH "$@" ; }

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_use_enable
# @DESCRIPTION:
# Based on use_enable. See ebuild(5).
#
# `cmake-utils_use_enable foo FOO` echoes -DENABLE_FOO=ON if foo is enabled
# and -DENABLE_FOO=OFF if it is disabled.
cmake-utils_use_enable() { _use_me_now ENABLE "$@" ; }

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_use_want
# @DESCRIPTION:
#
# `cmake-utils_use_want foo FOO` echoes -DWANT_FOO=ON if foo is enabled
# and -DWANT_FOO=OFF if it is disabled.
cmake-utils_use_want() { _use_me_now WANT "$@" ; }

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_has
# @DESCRIPTION:
#
# `cmake-utils_has foo FOO` echoes -DHAVE_FOO=ON if foo is enabled
# and -DHAVE_FOO=OFF if it is disabled.
cmake-utils_has() { _use_me_now HAVE "$@" ; }

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_src_configure
# @DESCRIPTION:
# General function for configuring with cmake. Default behaviour is to start an
# out-of-source build.
cmake-utils_src_configure() {

if [[ -n "${CMAKE_IN_SOURCE_BUILD}" ]]; then
cmake-utils_src_configurein
else
cmake-utils_src_configureout
fi
}

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_src_compile
# @DESCRIPTION:
# General function for compiling with cmake. Default behaviour is to check for
# eapi and based on it configure or only compile
cmake-utils_src_compile() {
case ${EAPI} in
2)
;;
*)
cmake-utils_src_configure
;;
esac

cmake-utils_src_make "$@"
}

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_src_configurein
# @DESCRIPTION:
# Function for software that requires configure and building in the source
# directory.
cmake-utils_src_configurein() {

_common_configure_code
local cmakeargs="${mycmakeargs} ${EXTRA_ECONF} -DCMAKE_INSTALL_DO_STRIP=OFF"

debug-print "$LINENO $ECLASS $FUNCNAME: mycmakeargs is $cmakeargs"
cmake -C "${TMPDIR}/gentoo_common_config.cmake" ${cmakeargs} . || die "Cmake failed"
}

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_src_configureout
# @DESCRIPTION:
# Function for software that requires configure and building outside the source
# tree - default.
cmake-utils_src_configureout() {

_common_configure_code
local cmakeargs="${mycmakeargs} ${EXTRA_ECONF} -DCMAKE_INSTALL_DO_STRIP=OFF"
mkdir -p "${WORKDIR}"/${PN}_build
pushd "${WORKDIR}"/${PN}_build > /dev/null

debug-print "$LINENO $ECLASS $FUNCNAME: mycmakeargs is $cmakeargs"
cmake -C "${TMPDIR}/gentoo_common_config.cmake" ${cmakeargs} "${S}" || die "Cmake failed"

popd > /dev/null
}

# Internal use only. Common configuration options for all types of builds.
_common_configure_code() {
local tmp_libdir=$(get_libdir)
# here we set the compiler explicitly, set install directories prefixes, and
# make sure that the gentoo user compiler flags trump those set in the
# program
local modules_dir=/usr/share/cmake/Modules
local cxx_create_shared_library=$(sed -n -e 's/)/ CACHE STRING "")/' -e "s/<TARGET_SONAME>/<TARGET_SONAME> ${CXXFLAGS}/" -e '/SET(CMAKE_CXX_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY/,/)/p' "${modules_dir}/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake")
local c_create_shared_library=$(sed -n -e 's/)/ CACHE STRING "")/' -e "s/<TARGET_SONAME>/<TARGET_SONAME> ${CFLAGS}/" -e '/SET(CMAKE_C_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY/,/)/p' "${modules_dir}/CMakeCInformation.cmake")
local c_compile_object=$(sed -n -e 's/)/ CACHE STRING "")/' -e "s/<FLAGS>/<FLAGS> ${CFLAGS}/" -e '/SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILE_OBJECT/,/)/p' "${modules_dir}/CMakeCInformation.cmake")
local cxx_compile_object=$(sed -n -e 's/)/ CACHE STRING "")/' -e "s/<FLAGS>/<FLAGS> ${CXXFLAGS}/" -e '/SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILE_OBJECT/,/)/p' "${modules_dir}/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake")
local c_link_executable=$(sed -n -e 's/)/ CACHE STRING "")/' -e "s/<FLAGS>/<FLAGS> ${CFLAGS}/" -e "s/<LINK_FLAGS>/<LINK_FLAGS> ${LDFLAGS}/" -e '/SET(CMAKE_C_LINK_EXECUTABLE/,/)/p' "${modules_dir}/CMakeCInformation.cmake")
local cxx_link_executable=$(sed -n -e 's/)/ CACHE STRING "")/' -e "s/<FLAGS>/<FLAGS> ${CXXFLAGS}/" -e "s/<LINK_FLAGS>/<LINK_FLAGS> ${LDFLAGS}/" -e '/SET(CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE/,/)/p' "${modules_dir}/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake")
cat > "${TMPDIR}/gentoo_common_config.cmake" <<_EOF_
SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER $(type -P $(tc-getCC)) CACHE STRING "package building C compiler")
SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER $(type -P $(tc-getCXX)) CACHE STRING "package building C++ compiler")
${c_create_shared_library}
${cxx_create_shared_library}
${c_compile_object}
${cxx_compile_object}
${c_link_executable}
${cxx_link_executable}
SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX ${PREFIX:-/usr} CACHE FILEPATH "install path prefix")
SET(LIB_SUFFIX ${tmp_libdir/lib} CACHE FILEPATH "library path suffix")
SET(LIB_INSTALL_DIR ${PREFIX:-/usr}/${tmp_libdir} CACHE FILEPATH "library install directory")

_EOF_

[[ -n ${CMAKE_NO_COLOR} ]] && echo 'SET(CMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE OFF CACHE BOOL "pretty colors during make")' >> "${TMPDIR}/gentoo_common_config.cmake"

if has debug ${IUSE//+} && use debug ; then
echo 'SET(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Debug CACHE STRING "determines build settings")' >> "${TMPDIR}/gentoo_common_config.cmake"
else
echo 'SET(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release CACHE STRING "determines build settings")' >> "${TMPDIR}/gentoo_common_config.cmake"
fi
}

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_src_make
# @DESCRIPTION:
# Function for building the package. Automatically detects the build type.
# All arguments are passed to emake:
# "cmake-utils_src_make -j1" can be used to work around parallel make issues.
cmake-utils_src_make() {

# At this point we can automatically check if it's an out-of-source or an
# in-source build
if [[ -d ${WORKDIR}/${PN}_build ]]; then
fi
if ! [[ -z ${CMAKE_COMPILER_VERBOSE} ]]; then
emake VERBOSE=1 "$@" || die "Make failed!"
else
emake "$@" || die "Make failed!"
fi
popd > /dev/null
fi
}

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_src_install
# @DESCRIPTION:
# Function for installing the package. Automatically detects the build type.
cmake-utils_src_install() {

# in-source build
fi
emake install DESTDIR="${D}" || die "Make install failed"
popd > /dev/null
fi

# Manual document installation
[[ -n "${DOCS}" ]] && dodoc ${DOCS}
}

# @FUNCTION: cmake-utils_src_test
# @DESCRIPTION:
# Function for testing the package. Automatically detects the build type.
cmake-utils_src_test() {

# in-source build
fi
# Standard implementation of src_test
if emake -j1 check -n &> /dev/null; then
einfo ">>> Test phase [check]: ${CATEGORY}/${PF}"
if ! emake -j1 check; then
die "Make check failed. See above for details."
fi
elif emake -j1 test -n &> /dev/null; then
einfo ">>> Test phase [test]: ${CATEGORY}/${PF}"
if ! emake -j1 test; then
die "Make test failed. See above for details."
fi
else
einfo ">>> Test phase [none]: ${CATEGORY}/${PF}"
fi
popd > /dev/null
fi
}

i think the problem is here.
thanks for answering back.
PaV
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm
Thank you, amarok was indeed the culprit!

But now I'm having a different problem, amarok-2.0 compile fails on:
Code:

[ 94%] Building CXX object src/scriptengine/generator/generator/CMakeFiles/qtscript_gui.dir/generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_gui/main.o                                                 
Linking CXX shared module ../../../../lib/libqtscript_gui.so                               
[ 94%] Built target qtscript_gui                                                           
make: *** [all] Error 2                                                                   
 *                                                                                         
 * ERROR: media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1 failed.                                               
 * Call stack:                                                                             
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile                                 
 *             environment, line 3127:  Called kde4-base_src_compile                       
 *             environment, line 2286:  Called kde4-base_src_make                         
 *             environment, line 2346:  Called cmake-utils_src_make                       
 *             environment, line  824:  Called die                                         
 *           emake "$@" || die "Make failed!";                                             
 *  The die message:                                                                       
 *   Make failed!                                                                         

The only thing I could check is that I have:
Code:

ls /usr/lib/qt4/ | grep cript
libQtScript.la
libQtScript.prl
libQtScript.so
libQtScript.so.4
libQtScript.so.4.4
libQtScript.so.4.4.2

And:
Code:

# find / -name libqtscript*
^[^N/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1/work/amarok_build/lib/libqtscript_core.so
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1/work/amarok_build/lib/libqtscript_gui.so
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1/work/amarok_build/lib/libqtscript_network.so
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1/work/amarok_build/lib/libqtscript_sql.so
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1/work/amarok_build/lib/libqtscript_uitools.so
/var/tmp/portage/media-sound/amarok-2.0-r1/work/amarok_build/lib/libqtscript_xml.so
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it also failed on my amd64 machine, but succeeded today on my x86 laptop. Which btw also builds kdeplasma-addons without problems contrary to amd64.

I'm still on qt-4.4.2 here (amd64 has qt-4.5.0_beta1 installed).
PaV
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok got it to work. Just do the -fPIC trick for mysql (see [url]https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-717696.html[/url).
Unmerge old amarok before as well so as not to get conflicts with old icons and stuff.
pehop
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to have both kde-crazy and kde-testing overlays without conflicts? I used to have kde-live and kde-4.2 (as less experimental :) ), but after moving kde-4.2 to kde-testing I can't have both. When I add kde-testing I can't emerge kde-live sets - portage doesn't see it.
Is there a workaround?
NaiL
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

do you know when will be possible to change the taskbar color? :roll:
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaV wrote:
Ok got it to work. Just do the -fPIC trick for mysql

Ah, that one still. Seems to be an amd64 exclusive problem though, since it worked on my laptop.
KejPi
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: x11-themes/crystal ebuild Reply with quote

Recently there has been added an ebuild for crystal windeco, I believe it should be in different slot than ver. 1.x as version 2.x is dedicated for KDE4 and has less features than 1.x dedicated fro KDE 3. Both should be possible to have installed.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 1 of 40

Jump to: