View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sethiel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: opera plugins Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm having trouble with installing flash player plugin for Opera. I downloaded it, extracted to proper directory, now in Opera I choose Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Content ->Plugin Options, there I check the directory (it fits), but Opera won't find it. What do I miss?
Carnildo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system? Are you running the 32-bit version of Opera or the 64-bit version? Did you install the 32-bit flash plugin, or the 64-bit plugin?
Sethiel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnildo wrote:
Are you running a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system? Are you running the 32-bit version of Opera or the 64-bit version? Did you install the 32-bit flash plugin, or the 64-bit plugin?

It's 32b version both. Actually, all three :)
defenderBG
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didnt you emerge netscape-flash? Every (almost) Linux distribution has it's package management software. In Gentoo the software name is portage and the command is emerge, so please delete all files, that you have installed without portage and install it as it should be done (emerge netscape-flash). Portage will handle everything, including installing any dependencies that you might be missing. After you have done this, open opera > Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Content > Plugin options > Change path > Choose only /opt/netscape/plugins
Then click ok, now you should be able to see that flash is installed and you will be able to watch youtube.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: