emerge error, nessus-core 2.0.6a
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bfdi533
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: emerge error, nessus-core 2.0.6a Reply with quote

I am trying to emerge nessus and have run into several errors.

The first was when I did "emerge nessus" and the results were an error in the emerge that seemes to come from nessus-core. But when I checked the emerge with "emerge -p nessus" it said that nessus-libraries and libnasl (both depends for nessus-core) were not installed.

So, I installed nessus-libraries and libnasl one by one and they installed just fine. Now, nessus-core is giving the following error:

Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/nessus-core-2.0.6a/work/nessus-core/nessus'

distcc  auth.o comm.o sighand.o xstuff.o cli.o parser.o plugin_infos.o preferences.o families.o attack.o report.o report_ng.o report_save.o report_utils.o nsr_output.o nbe_output.o html_output.o latex_output.o text_output.o xml_output.o xml_output_ng.o html_graph_output.o error_dialog.o password_dialog.o monitor_dialog.o backend.o data_mining.o prefs_dialog.o prefs_dialog_misc.o prefs_dialog_scan_opt.o prefs_dialog_user.o prefs_dialog_auth.o prefs_dialog_plugins_prefs.o prefs_plugins.o prefs_target.o prefs_about.o prefs_kb.o netmap.o detached_index.o read_target_file.o gdchart0.94b/gdc.o gdchart0.94b/price_conv.o gdchart0.94b/gdc_pie.o gdchart0.94b/gdchart.o regex.o filter.o dirutils.o sslui.o nessus.o    -o nessus `/usr/bin/nessus-config --libs` -L/usr/X11R6/lib -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -L/usr/lib -lglib   gdchart0.94b/gd1.3/libgd.a -lm 

make[1]: *** [nessus] Error 110

make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/nessus-core-2.0.6a/work/nessus-core/nessus'

make: *** [client] Error 2

Any thoughts? help?

Ed
potsdamlemur
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried emerging nessus this morning and ran into a problem where one of the "nessus" dependencies ("nessus-lib" IIRC) in turn depended on a version of nessus-core that was no longer in the portage tree.

Doing an "emerge sync" and trying again fixed the problem; I presume the stale dependency was brought up to date.

Try doing an emerge sync and then emerge -u nessus.
bfdi533
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potsdamlemur wrote:
Try doing an emerge sync and then emerge -u nessus.

Strangly enough, I tried an emerge nessus-core once again and it worked this time. This is something that I am not very knowledgable (or confident?) about---the fact that it can fail on an emerge and without a sync (or any other packages being emerged even), i will just work the next time. I have found this to be the case from time to time and don't understand it.

Ed
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: