Old Portage [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Messelin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Old Portage [solved] Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Does anybody know where I can find old portages?
I mean, I need the old packets from 2006, 2007-08 years...
(Something like a web-source with archive of the portages)
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Messelin on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old files from the tree are available through http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/?hideattic=0, though if you are going to be fetching more than a few files, use the commands given at the top of each page, with date or revision specifiers to suit your purposes.
Messelin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory Thank you.
littletux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not opened a new thread because i think the answer of my question could be also interesting for others in correlation with this oldportage address.

I am searching for a way not only to download some single files, but the whole tree including also all dead files and folders, because for some very special reason it would be really very easier to do so, because if a older package with a lot of dependencies is needed, it is very hard to find out all dependencies and download them all separately
I ask this, because i have tested the described ways , without sucess. I had always the problem that only the not dead files were downloaded.
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that a full repository clone involves gigabytes of data, just using anonymous CVS to checkout the whole tree, or better still just the package bearing subdirectories, as of a given date is usually more manageable.

If you do have an explicit need for a full clone of the repository, you could probably make arrangements with the infrastructure team, or wait until the git migration and fetch a copy of planned history graft and add that to a local clone of the repository. Either would allow you to pull any revision of any file from the tree as needed.

All this bearing in mind that having the latest revision of each file in the tree including those in the attic would not imply having a consistent tree. To produce a consistent tree from such an amalgam would require at very least regenerating manifests for most, if not all, packages. Beyond that ebuilds and eclasses from before the initial codification of EAPIs and their subsequent introduction in the tree would not necessarily be compatible with EAPI 0, amongst other potential problems one would encounter when attempting such an endeavor.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: