Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
My respect for mods and admins have reache a new low level.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebrostig
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: My respect for mods and admins have reache a new low level. Reply with quote

As most of you probably are aware of, I was once a moderator at this forum. I withdrew and continued to visit and post in the forums. Several things lead to me beeing banned from the forum last may and reinstated about a month ago.

As a former moderator, I have had access to the special moderators forum all the time up until today when i no longer could see the forum, I then PM'ed a mod and asked why I could no longer see the forum and received a PM from a different mod than I PM'ed with the following answer:

Quote:

Is there a rason why I no longer can read the Moderators forum?

Erik

Yes, i'm sorry to inform you that your access to the mods forum was cancelled. Some people (i have to admit including me) have the feeling that your presence as someone who departed quite far from the moderators to even get banned shouldn't have access to the things discussed there.
I hope this doesn't come as complete surprise to you and it's one of the messages that no one really wants to deliver.

I honestly don't care so much about the mod forum, it's rather boring anyway. What i do care about is the total lack of respect and honesty shown by mods and admins. Not only did they just revoke the privilege, but they did not have the balls to even inform me about it.
Grow some balls, mods and admins!
Note: There are still a few... mind you only a few... mods I respect.

This will probably lead to another ban, possibly forever...

Erik
ciaranm
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Sounds like someone's pissed that you got his "all gays deserve to die horrid painful deaths" thread locked.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally dont think it is a good idea to have a person in authority making sweeping statements akin to saying "all muslims are torrorists" about large groups of people, it makes the forums look bad and therefore Gentoo look bad. The offending post should be deleted to give back Deathwing00 some form of credibility although i fear he has lost the respect of much of the forum.

As for what has happened to ebrostig, i suppose the same will happen to all bodhistattva's? Or was he a special case?
amne
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always appreciated you as a moderator and when someone mentioned that you had asked about it i offered to send you the reply. That's the reason why you got an answer from someone else. I really have to say this wasn't easy for me as i always respected you and would rather like to announce good news to you. However this has nothing to do with some people (not) having balls.
Seeing what you are doing now and posting private conversation makes one thing quite clear: Having you no longer around in the sekrit places any more really is a good idea.

Locked before the really big flamefest starts.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: