(solved) - 2 network filesharing configuration assistance
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mackerel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: (solved) - 2 network filesharing configuration assistance Reply with quote

I have a home network and I am setting up an additional NIC on my home server for internet filtered traffic. I have dansguardian setup on the server and I want all the traffic on the second NIC to have transparent proxy enabled to force all internet traffic to be filtered while still allowing all file and printer sharing from the primary network (no filtering). I have limiting networking knowledge and as I understand it, a 192.168.1.1 network and a 192.168.2.1 network will not communicate fully. My desktop and server both run Gentoo while all other users in the home are Win users.
What I would like is suggestions on the 2 network configurations that may allow all the communication and iptables rules that will allow full traffic for the same.

Thanks

EDIT: I think setting a static route will solve this issue, but I can't find the way to setup iptables
mackerel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: solution Reply with quote

I found the solution to my needs. I set a static route in my primary router for the second network
IE 19.1.68.2.1, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.4 (server ip)
and then on the server, I set /etc/conf.d/net to broadcast the second NIC to 192.168.1.255
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: