ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3 failed. [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjlockie
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3 failed. [SOLVED] Reply with quote

/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -O2 -pipe -march=k8 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -o libartskde.la -rpath /usr/kde/3.5/lib64 -L/usr/kde/3.5/lib64 -L/usr/qt/3/lib64 -L/usr/lib64 -no-undefined -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined -version-info 3:0:2 artskde.lo kioinputstream_impl.lo kplayobject.lo kplayobjectfactory.lo kartsfloatwatch.lo kartsdispatcher.lo kaudiorecordstream.lo kaudioplaystream.lo kartsserver.lo kdatarequest_impl.lo kaudioconverter.lo kvideowidget.lo kplayobjectcreator.lo kaudiomanagerplay.lo ../../kio/libkio.la -lqtmcop -lsoundserver_idl
grep: /usr/lib64/libmad.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib64/libmad.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib64/libmad.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [libartskde.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3/work/kdelibs-3.5.9/arts/kde'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3/work/kdelibs-3.5.9/arts'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3/work/kdelibs-3.5.9'
make: *** [all] Error 2
* ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
* environment, line 4257: Called kde_src_compile
* environment, line 2927: Called kde_src_compile 'all'
* environment, line 3047: Called kde_src_compile 'myconf' 'configure' 'make'
* environment, line 3043: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake || die "died running emake, $FUNCNAME:make"
* The die message:
* died running emake, kde_src_compile:make
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3/temp/environment'.

Last edited by bjlockie on Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
pappy_mcfae
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emerge libmad should get that fixed. You might also want to add 'mad' (without apostrophes) to your USE flags.

Blessed be!
Pappy
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same error here.
(re-)emerge libmad doesn't fix that problem because there is only libmad.a but not libmad.la installed !
pappy_mcfae
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, it's installed for me, and I don't have a problem with my KDE. Perhaps, as I suggested to the originator of this thread, you could put the mad USE flag into your /etc/make.conf and try to compile libmad again.

EDIT:I just finished compiling the newest version of libmad and guess what; libmad.la was installed where it belongs. Now I get to see if revdep-rebuild is going to hork up a fur ball over that upgrade.

EDIT 2: Yep, it sure did!

Blessed be!
Pappy
houtworm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drizzt wrote:
Same error here.
(re-)emerge libmad doesn't fix that problem because there is only libmad.a but not libmad.la installed !

Here also.
So i copied libmad.la from the portage temp dir myself.
But...
now I get another error:
Code:
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe -msse -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common  -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION    -o libartskde.la -rpath /usr/kde/3.5/lib -L/usr/kde/3.5/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib     -no-undefined -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined -version-info 3:0:2 artskde.lo kioinputstream_impl.lo kplayobject.lo kplayobjectfactory.lo kartsfloatwatch.lo kartsdispatcher.lo kaudiorecordstream.lo kaudioplaystream.lo kartsserver.lo kdatarequest_impl.lo kaudioconverter.lo kvideowidget.lo kplayobjectcreator.lo kaudiomanagerplay.lo ../../kio/libkio.la -lqtmcop -lsoundserver_idl
libtool: link: warning: `/lib/libacl.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/lib/libattr.la' seems to be moved
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++: /usr/lib/.libs/libmad.so: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [libartskde.la] Fout 1
make[3]: Map '/mnt/data/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3/work/kdelibs-3.5.9/arts/kde' wordt verlaten

/usr/lib/.libs/.. ???

--Kees

Kees
dpshak
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into the same problem with libmad. What worked for me was re-emerging alsa, libmad then kdelibs. Problem solved. And yep, revdep-rebuild coughed up a WHOLE BUNCH of of stuff that needed to be redone! Hopefully it works for you!
younker
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encountered the same problem, I have checked the ebuild of libmad while it deletes the .la file when install, so maybe kdelibs ebuild need do some modification?
pappy_mcfae
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's troubling is I think that updating libmad made my alsa go bye-bye. I tried re-emerging all the alsa goodies, and still, no sound. Finally, I went back to the previous version, and voila, sound came back. I'm going to try it again tomorrow to see if it's a bug-report-worthy thing.

Blessed be!
Pappy
1clue
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm struggling with this same problem. The only advice on this thread I haven't tried yet is to add USE=mad. I'm doing that right now, but IMO if the MAD ebuild doesn't keep the files around, it won't matter if USE=mad right?

Thanks.

Edit:

My build just failed with USE=mad. As well, of all the things which needed to be updated, none of them had a mad USE flag.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, only install the stable libmad - that solves the 'problem' or install the latest libmad, the revdep-rebuilt, then kdelibs. If that does not help, open a bug reports. b.g.o is there for a reason.

I identify as a dirty penismensch.
1clue
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot.

I for some reason enabled ~x86 globally, and forgot why. I must have had some sort of emergency, because I would never do that on a production box.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have a lot of rebuilding to do, I think.
chil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the libmad changelog...

Quote:
18 Apr 2008; Diego Pettenò <flameeyes@gentoo.org>
+libmad-0.15.1b-r5.ebuild:
Revision bump to drop libtool .la files.

I masked the r5 ebuild, emerged libmad-0.15.1b-r4 and kdelibs now builds successfully.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

esearch libmad
[ Results for search key : libmad ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

* media-libs/libmad
Latest version available: 0.15.1b-r5
Latest version installed: 0.15.1b-r5

ls /var/db/pkg/kde-base/kdelibs-*
/var/db/pkg/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r3:
/var/db/pkg/kde-base/kdelibs-4.0.3-r1:

;)

I identify as a dirty penismensch.
enito
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI same here, still have trouble in emerge kdelibs :(

Making all in kfile
make[4]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r4/work/kdelibs-3.5.9/kio/misc/kfile'
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../dcop -I../../../kdecore -I../../../kio/kssl -I../../../kjs -I../../.. -I../../../kio/kio -I../../../dcop -I../../../libltdl -I../../../kdefx -I../../../kdecore -I../../../kdecore -I../../../kdecore/network -I../../../kdeui -I../../../kio -I../../../kio/kio -I../../../kio/kfile -I../../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I. -I/usr/kde/3.5/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=athlon64 -mmmx -m3dnow -pipe -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -mfpmath=sse -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o fileprops.o fileprops.cpp
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=athlon64 -mmmx -m3dnow -pipe -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -mfpmath=sse -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -o kfile -L/usr/kde/3.5/lib64 -L/usr/qt/3/lib64 -L/usr/lib64 -R /usr/kde/3.5/lib64 -R /usr/kde/3.5/lib64 -R /usr/qt/3/lib64 -R /usr/lib64 fileprops.o ../../../kio/libkio.la
fileprops.o: In function `printSupportedMimeTypes()':
fileprops.cpp:(.text+0xd77): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, long)'
fileprops.cpp:(.text+0xe22): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, long)'
fileprops.cpp:(.text+0xe94): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, long)'
fileprops.o: In function `printList(QStringList const&)':
fileprops.cpp:(.text+0xf84): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, long)'
fileprops.o: In function `processMetaDataOptions(QPtrList<FileProps>, KCmdLineArgs*)':
fileprops.cpp:(.text+0x1253): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, long)'
fileprops.o:fileprops.cpp:(.text+0x1290): more undefined references to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, long)' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [kfile] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r4/work/kdelibs-3.5.9/kio/misc/kfile'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r4/work/kdelibs-3.5.9/kio/misc'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r4/work/kdelibs-3.5.9/kio'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r4/work/kdelibs-3.5.9'
make: *** [all] Error 2
* ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r4 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
* environment, line 4244: Called kde_src_compile
* environment, line 2914: Called kde_src_compile 'all'
* environment, line 3034: Called kde_src_compile 'myconf' 'configure' 'make'
* environment, line 3030: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake || die "died running emake, $FUNCNAME:make"
* The die message:
* died running emake, kde_src_compile:make
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r4/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r4/temp/environment'.

* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

any tip?
thx a lot
bjlockie
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed, I downgraded libmad.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: