x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.0.90-r3, die message: emake failed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egret3
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.0.90-r3, die message: emake failed Reply with quote

:( When i attempt to emerge x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.0.90-r3 in Gentoo/FreeBSD, it displays errors, look like this (build.log):

/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile i686-gentoo-freebsd6.2-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -O2 -mtune=i686 -pipe -MT utils.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/utils.Tpo -c -o utils.lo utils.c
i686-gentoo-freebsd6.2-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -O2 -mtune=i686 -pipe -MT utils.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/utils.Tpo -c utils.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/utils.o
utils.c:1723: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'old_alarm'
utils.c: In function 'Popen':
utils.c:1747: error: 'old_alarm' undeclared (first use in this function)
utils.c:1747: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
utils.c:1747: error: for each function it appears in.)
utils.c: In function 'Pclose':
utils.c:1930: error: 'old_alarm' undeclared (first use in this function)
gmake[1]: *** [utils.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.0.90-r3/work/xorg-server-1.4.0.90/os'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
* ERROR: x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.0.90-r3 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
* environment, line 3062: Called x-modular_src_compile
* environment, line 3832: Called x-modular_src_make
* environment, line 3868: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake || die "emake failed"
* The die message:
* emake failed
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.0.90-r3/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.0.90-r3/temp/environment'.

==================================================================================================
I'll appreciate if you are able to help, thanks! :wink:
schachti
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this bugreport about xorg-server failing to build on non glibc systems.

How-To: Daten verschlüsselt auf DVD speichern.
egret3
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm terribly sorry to say that my Gentoo/FreeBSD is unable to apply patch file that provided by Jose Quinteiro which is
1.4.0.90-compile-non-glibc.patch for x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.0.90-r3 while i am compiling this package manually (./configure && make && make install) and it still displays same error and as the bug report mentions that freebsd is lack of glibc which is masked because it requires certain linux features. :oops:
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Gentoo on Alternative Architectures.
otisranson
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egret3 wrote:
I'm terribly sorry to say that my Gentoo/FreeBSD is unable to apply patch file that provided by Jose Quinteiro which is
1.4.0.90-compile-non-glibc.patch for x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.0.90-r3 while i am compiling this package manually (./configure && make && make install) and it still displays same error and as the bug report mentions that freebsd is lack of glibc which is masked because it requires certain linux features. :oops:

Check out:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/bsd/fbsd/

Did you make a cross compiler? I'm having the same troubles. I created a cross compiler, though I still get the exact same error message as the first post.
otisranson
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

otisranson wrote:
egret3 wrote:

Check out:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/bsd/fbsd/

Did you make a cross compiler? I'm having the same troubles. I created a cross compiler, though I still get the exact same error message as the first post.

Did you ever get it to compile? I've almost got it to work with the patch. Not quite though.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: