Emerge GCC error
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celtis
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Emerge GCC error Reply with quote

I was trying to install the ksambaplugin ebuild when I came across this message. I recently (i.e. yesterday) updated the portage system, which overwrote the config file /etc/make.conf. I'm not sure whether or not it's just a flag I'm missing or because I've updated GCC since I installed KDE (although I think that this is unlikely).

I've also had the same problem whilst updating PHP but this was fixed by recompiling aspell, so I'm hoping there's a similar fix for this.

Code:

grep: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/libstdc++.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [ksambakonqiplugin.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/ksambaplugin-0.4.2/work/ksambaplugin-0.4.2/kcm_sambaconf'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/ksambaplugin-0.4.2/work/ksambaplugin-0.4.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: net-misc/ksambaplugin-0.4.2 failed.
!!! Function kde_src_compile, Line 138, Exitcode 2
!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make

When I check for /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/ it doesn't exist, however /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.3/ does, which is why I think it's some compiler flag that's been missed!

Any suggestions for me to try?

Thanks in advance

:)
Perrin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem 3 days ago after updating gcc and glibc. No kde app did compile anymore.

I also have no good solution for this. I searched for hours but i didn't find the configfile where this path is set. The only advice i can give you is to symlink /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/ to /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.3/ . That made it work again but there has to be a better way...

Perrin
spatz
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at this thread, they have the same problem and they resolve it in the same way. I guess no other solution was found... (I've had this problem too and resolved it with a symlink as well)
Perrin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also this thread: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=67967
They did the symlink too :(.

I've talked to people who also did the the gcc update but without this problem and they don't have a /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/ directory. Strange.

Perrin
Celtis
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, I'd looked (quickly) through the forums but could only see fixes for the PHP problem I originally mentioned. Surely there's got to be a better way than just symlinking it?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: