Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
openrc support thread
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ipic
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UberLord wrote:
ipic wrote:
should a bug be raised against each to fix the problem?

Yes.
Basically the ebuild devs were lazy and used a baselayout-1 function which is useless
Quote:
Also, given my shell skills are non-existent, could someone give a sample of what the code should look like to source the correct version of {whatever}-start.sh ?

I did :)
Notice the word at the end of import-addon in the "wrong" code. It had the word dm after it.
Now, just change word dm to the word used by the lvm and mdraid scripts.
Do something similar for the stop function.
But I would just raise bugs NOW and maybe patches later when you can.

I've had a look at the code in /lib/rc/sh/rc-functions.sh on my system, which is ~x86, and it differs from the code snippet shown by JohnBlbec above:
Code:
 import_addon()
{
   if [ -e "${RC_LIBDIR}/addons/$1.sh" ]; then
      _addon_warn
      . "${RC_LIBDIR}/addons/$1.sh"
   elif [ -e /lib/rcscripts/addons/"$1".sh ]; then
      _addon_warn
      . /lib/rcscripts/addons/"$1".sh
   else
      return 1
   fi
}
I am guessing that something in the openrc installation process recognises the platform and substitutes the correct library path - /lib or /lib64.
This would appear to make it more difficult to apply a patch to the three offending init scripts that works in all circumstances.

Before I raise a bug on lvm2 and mdraid, I wonder if you could explain why it is a bad thing that the import_addon() start_addon() and stop_addon() functions do what they do? To my eye it seems to be a good way of reducing and simplifying code in each init script, and keeping the location of the addon scripts defined in one place.

I would propose that the best fix is to remove the call to _addon_warn in the import_addon() function - thus one simple patch to sys-apps/openrc - rather than three complicated patches to sys-fs/mdadm and sys-fs/lvm2

Regards
Ian
UberLord
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ipic wrote:
I am guessing that something in the openrc installation process recognises the platform and substitutes the correct library path - /lib or /lib64.
This would appear to make it more difficult to apply a patch to the three offending init scripts that works in all circumstances.

Not really.
inherit multilib in the ebuild and use the correct variable to get the right lib, lib32 or lib64. This is basic ebuild foo.

Quote:
Before I raise a bug on lvm2 and mdraid, I wonder if you could explain why it is a bad thing that the import_addon() start_addon() and stop_addon() functions do what they do? To my eye it seems to be a good way of reducing and simplifying code in each init script, and keeping the location of the addon scripts defined in one place.

OpenRC doesn't want to support "addons" to the little shell code it has.
The content of the init script can should work in any and all situations now.

It made sense in baselayout-1, because baselayout-1 called these addons at key points of boot and shutdown because it couldn't start init scripts in the critical boot section directly (look at the code in /sbin/rc - baselayout-1 "cheats).

So in other words, it's just not needed as init scripts should be self contained.
ipic
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
inherit multilib in the ebuild and use the correct variable to get the right lib, lib32 or lib64. This is basic ebuild foo.
Did I mention I know nothing about shell scripting :wink:
I'm sure this is easy - I just have no idea where to look to get the correct code. On my system, ${RC_LIBDIR} returns "/lib/rc" - and there is no addons directory there. It appears that the scripts placed in /lib/rcscripts/addons belong to the ebuilds that use them:
Code:
ian2 ~ # equery belongs /lib/rcscripts/addons/lvm-start.sh
[ Searching for file(s) /lib/rcscripts/addons/lvm-start.sh in *... ]
sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.45 (/lib/rcscripts/addons/lvm-start.sh)

ian2 rc # equery belongs /lib/rcscripts/addons/dm-start.sh
[ Searching for file(s) /lib/rcscripts/addons/dm-start.sh in *... ]
sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.45 (/lib/rcscripts/addons/dm-start.sh)

ian2 rc # equery belongs /lib/rcscripts/addons/raid-start.sh
[ Searching for file(s) /lib/rcscripts/addons/raid-start.sh in *... ]
sys-fs/mdadm-2.6.9 (/lib/rcscripts/addons/raid-start.sh)
Looks like ${RC_LIBDIR}/addons/$1.sh will never exist, unless the owners of the ebuilds agree to change to use it.

What is the correct variable to use to resolve into "/lib/rcscripts" on any system, and what else needs to go into the init script to use it?

Regards
Ian
ipic
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done some digging and the current situation is a bit mixed. Each of the ebuilds takes a slightly different approach to placing the -start/-stop scripts.
This is from mdadm ebuild:
Code:
exeinto /$(get_libdir)/rcscripts/addons
newexe "${FILESDIR}"/raid-start.sh raid-start.sh || die "addon failed"
newexe "${FILESDIR}"/raid-stop.sh raid-stop.sh || die "addon failed"
and this is from the lvm2 ebuild:
Code:
insinto /lib/rcscripts/addons
newins "${FILESDIR}"/lvm2-start.sh-2.02.28-r2 lvm-start.sh || die
newins "${FILESDIR}"/lvm2-stop.sh-2.02.37 lvm-stop.sh || die
insinto /lib/rcscripts/addons
doins "${FILESDIR}"/dm-start.sh
First change could thus be for lvm2 to use $(get_libdir) rather than "/lib" to make it platform independent.

Currently, there is no environment variable available for an init script that gives the $(get_libdir) value. I built a test init script, did an export -p in it and got this:
Code:
export ANT_HOME="/usr/share/ant"
export CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/gentoo-release /etc/sandbox.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/udev/rules.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/texmf/language.dat.d /etc/texmf/language.def.d /etc/texmf/updmap.d /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/splash"
export CVS_RSH="ssh"
export EDITOR="/usr/bin/vi"
export EINFO_LOG="/etc/init.d/test-script"
export GCC_SPECS=""
export GDK_USE_XFT="1"
export GENERATION="2"
export GUILE_LOAD_PATH="/usr/share/guile/1.8"
export HG="/usr/bin/hg"
export HOME="/root"
export INFOPATH="/usr/share/info:/usr/share/binutils-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.18/info:/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/info"
export JAVAC="/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19/bin/javac"
export JAVA_HOME="/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19"
export JDK_HOME="/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19"
export KDEDIRS="/usr:/usr/local:/usr/kde/3.5"
export LADSPA_PATH="/usr/lib/ladspa"
export LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
export LESSOPEN="|lesspipe.sh %s"
export MANPATH="/usr/local/share/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/share/binutils-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.18/man:/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/man:/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19/man:/etc/java-config/system-vm/man/:/usr/lib/php5/man/:/usr/kde/3.5/share/man:/usr/qt/3/doc/man"
export OLDPWD
export OPENGL_PROFILE="nvidia"
export PATH="/lib/rc/sbin:/lib/rc/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/opt/bin:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.3.2:/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19/bin:/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19/jre/bin:/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19/jre/javaws:/usr/kde/3.5/sbin:/usr/kde/3.5/bin:/usr/qt/3/bin"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/qt/3/lib/pkgconfig"
export PRELINK_PATH_MASK="/usr/lib/klibc"
export PWD="/"
export PYTHONDOCS="/usr/share/doc/python-docs-2.5.1/html/lib"
export QMAKESPEC="linux-g++"
export QTDIR="/usr/qt/3"
export RC_BOOTLEVEL="boot"
export RC_CMD="start"
export RC_DEFAULTLEVEL="default"
export RC_LIBDIR="/lib/rc"
export RC_RUNLEVEL="default"
export RC_RUNSCRIPT_PID="21145"
export RC_SERVICE="/etc/init.d/test-script"
export RC_SVCDIR="/lib/rc/init.d"
export RC_SVCNAME="test-script"
export RC_TMPDIR="/lib/rc/init.d/tmp"
export RC_UNAME="Linux"
export ROOTPATH="/opt/bin:/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.3.2:/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19/bin:/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19/jre/bin:/opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.19/jre/javaws:/usr/kde/3.5/sbin:/usr/kde/3.5/bin:/usr/qt/3/bin"
export SANE_CONFIG_DIR="/etc/sane.d"
export SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/share/slib/"
export SHELL="/bin/bash"
export SHLVL="1"
export SVCNAME="test-script"
export TERM="xterm"
export USB_DEVFS_PATH="/dev/bus/usb"
export USER="root"
export VMHANDLE="sun-jdk-1.4"
export XDG_DATA_DIRS="/usr/share:/usr/kde/3.5/share:/usr/local/share"
export XSESSION="Gnome"

My next suggestion would be for the /sbin/runscript shell to provide an environment variable like $SYSTEM_LIBDIR - which would resolve into the same value as $(get_libdir) does in the ebuild scripts.

If such a variable exists, then the code in the various init scripts can become a one liner like
Code:
. $SYSTEM_LIBDIR/rcscripts/addons/raid-start.sh
as an example.

An alternative might be a variable like $RC_SCRIPTLIBDIR which would expand to "/lib/rcscripts" on my system for example. To be consistent with the ebuilds I guess that would also need an ebuild function like $(get_rcscriptdir).

Regards
Ian
UberLord
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ipic wrote:
Currently, there is no environment variable available for an init script that gives the $(get_libdir) value.

My next suggestion would be for the /sbin/runscript shell to provide an environment variable like $SYSTEM_LIBDIR - which would resolve into the same value as $(get_libdir) does in the ebuild scripts.

If such a variable exists, then the code in the various init scripts can become a one liner like
Code:
. $SYSTEM_LIBDIR/rcscripts/addons/raid-start.sh
as an example.

An alternative might be a variable like $RC_SCRIPTLIBDIR which would expand to "/lib/rcscripts" on my system for example. To be consistent with the ebuilds I guess that would also need an ebuild function like $(get_rcscriptdir).

get_libdir is a function from the multilib eclass.
OpenRC cannot use those.

OpenRC exposes the variable $RC_LIBDIR which is /lib/rc, from which you can derive the system libdir.
But this is moot anyway - stuff like this really belongs in /libexec as it's not arch dependent.
chr0n0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded to Open-rc (~amd64) and am having a couple of issues. First, networking does not start at boot. I have dhcpcd installed but it doesn't fetch an IP at boot I have to manually start it from the terminal.

Second, syslog-ng has sort of went MIA. It still shows up as being enabled in the default runlevel, but on boot I get an error that it can't be loaded. I even remerged it to no avail.
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chr0n0 wrote:
I upgraded to Open-rc (~amd64) and am having a couple of issues. First, networking does not start at boot. I have dhcpcd installed but it doesn't fetch an IP at boot I have to manually start it from the terminal.

See post #5503328 and the other 2 below.

chr0n0 wrote:
Second, syslog-ng has sort of went MIA. It still shows up as being enabled in the default runlevel, but on boot I get an error that it can't be loaded. I even remerged it to no avail.

Code:
revdep-rebuild -- -avq
:?:
chr0n0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinzC wrote:

Didn't work.

chr0n0 wrote:
Code:
revdep-rebuild -- -avq
:?:

What is this supposed to do?
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinzC wrote:

chr0n0 wrote:
Didn't work.

Did you indeed change rc_hotplug="net.*" in /etc/rc.conf?

Code:
revdep-rebuild -- -avq

chr0n0 wrote:
What is this supposed to do?

Since Gentoo is a source distribution, packages are compiled prior to being installed. Compiling an application also links it to libraries by creating dependencies. Upgrading your system sometimes results in upgrading libraries which applications are linked against; this sometimes causes some dependencies to be broken. In such cases you must «refresh» these links by recompiling every application linked to a library that has just been upgraded. revdep-rebuild does that.
chr0n0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: I fixed it, sort of. I had to create the net.eth0 entry in /etc/init.d. It had disappeared during migration. However, even though dhcpcd starts at boot now, it wont allow me online. If I open a browser it fails to connect. So, I killed dhcpcd and then restarted it and it works.

As for syslog-ng, I remerged it and restarted my machine and now it starts at boot. So a reemerge was all that was needed there. Still trying to work out the dhcpcd issue though.

EDIT #2: Fixed it. Had to go into /etc/conf.d/net and change some of the parameters in there. Apparently they were keeping dhcpcd from properly connecting.

Thanks for the help.
civilian
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

halt/reboot works fine when I enter it manually into a console, but when acpid runs halt my system freezes. reboot works fine though.

I apologize if I missed a post relevant to this; I suck at reading long text.
civilian
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutdown seems to work fine, which fixes the problem for me.
bloodnok
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Recent experience of installing baselayout-2 Reply with quote

I have just upgraded to baselayout-2/openrc without much trouble.
There were a number of issues:

1. Reboot failed - inspection of rc.log showed that /lib/librc.so did not exist - I manually created the symbolic link and booting now worked. Ran ldconfig to make sure
2. the links /etc/init.d/runscript.sh|depscan.sh were left behind - I manually deleted them.
3. On boot at the point 'Caching Service Dependencies' I get an error "Host name lookup failure". Everything seems to work so maybe a cosmetic error.

Booting seems quicker with openrc. In all it took about 30 mins to do the upgrade including figuring out the missing librc.so.

I notice that the symbolic links from /etc/init.d to (say) /etc/runlevels/boot are absolute rather than relative. e.g.

/etc/runlevels/boot/lvm -> /etc/init.d/lvm

I have always been taught that relative links are better e.g.

/etc/runlevels/boot/lvm -> ../../init.d/lvm

Any reason?
NotQuiteSane
Guru
Guru

Location: Klamath Falls, Jefferson, USA, North America, Midgarth

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: another lvm problem Reply with quote

I have a rather annoying problem. I've been happily using both baselayout2 and lvm2 for several months, over 6 at the least.

suddenly it doesn't want to load lvm2 script

i get:

Code:
[nqs@pixel nqs]% eix -e baselayout           
[I] sys-apps/baselayout
     Available versions:  [P]1.11.15-r3 1.12.11.1 ~1.12.12 (~)2.0.0 {bootstrap build static unicode}
     Installed versions:  2.0.0(12:16:31 05/20/09)(-build)
     Homepage:            http://www.gentoo.org/
     Description:         Filesystem baselayout and init scripts

[nqs@pixel nqs]% sudo /etc/init.d/lvm restart
Password:
 * Caching service dependencies ...                                       [ ok ]
 * The lvm init-script is written for baselayout-2!
 * Please do not use it with baselayout-1!.
 * ERROR: lvm failed to start
[nqs@pixel nqs]%

lvm 2 is latest:

Code:
[I] sys-fs/lvm2
     Available versions:  (~)2.01.13 (~)2.02.33 (~)2.02.33-r1 2.02.36 (~)2.02.37 (~)2.02.39 (~)2.02.42 (~)2.02.45 (~)2.02.45-r1 (~)2.02.45-r2 {clvm cman lvm1 nolvmstatic readline selinux static}
     Installed versions:  2.02.45-r2(12:16:08 05/20/09)(-clvm -cman -lvm1 -readline -selinux -static)

suggestions?

NQS

As I see it -- An irregular blog, Improved with new location

To delete French language packs from system use 'sudo rm -fr /'
bloodnok
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: lvm not running with baselayout-2 Reply with quote

I think you have had the same problem as me - the lvm start script checks for the existence of /lib/librc.so - this is a symbolic link to /lib/librc.so.1. Just relink
cd /lib
ln -s librc.so.1 librc

and see if that fixes it
UberLord
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=270646
NotQuiteSane
Guru
Guru

Location: Klamath Falls, Jefferson, USA, North America, Midgarth

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UberLord wrote:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=270646

downgrading to -r1 seems to work.

now on to tackle the next problem....

NQS

As I see it -- An irregular blog, Improved with new location

To delete French language packs from system use 'sudo rm -fr /'
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone give a quick, honest summary of how safe is it to go bl2 with openrc right now? I've got two machines right now and besides the obvious I've got lvm2, apache, mysql, mpd, samba, deluge (running as a service) and a system-wide pulseaudio on the server. I'd like to try a recent pulseaudio which depends on openrc - that's why I'm asking (both are needed working without "ehhh....maybe I'll make it boot in a few hours").
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

szczerb wrote:
Could someone give a quick, honest summary of how safe is it to go bl2 with openrc right now? I've got two machines right now and besides the obvious I've got lvm2, apache, mysql, mpd, samba, deluge (running as a service) and a system-wide pulseaudio on the server. I'd like to try a recent pulseaudio which depends on openrc - that's why I'm asking (both are needed working without "ehhh....maybe I'll make it boot in a few hours").

Safe? Depends... It won't probably kill you. Directly at least. Your boss might charge you with an axe for leaving your servers down for a couple of hours (or minutes if you're a pro ;) ).

Joke apart. It all depends on which services you have. Until now I've put baselayout-2* on every single Gentoo machine I'm responsible for and encountered no problem at all. You don't need to bring a server offline to migrate -- although you might want to. I've already migrated from version 1 to version 2 online and juste restarted some services -- sometimes the whole server right after running disptach-conf. It always went through flawlessly.

But my setups aren't very special at all.

Beware of LVM2 though. There seems to be some traps still lying around.

@Roy:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=270646#c16 wrote:
I think I'll need to move the non C
library stuff out of /lib/rc and into /libexec/rc (which is where it belongs
really anyway)

I never understood the difference between /lib and /libexec but reading your comment, I guess /lib folders are for compiled libraries while /usr/libexec/ is for scripts and so on, right? But when I write custom management scripts and place them in /usr/local/[s]bin, am I making it wrong too?
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just migrated my laptop (it's the system without lvm2). I sticked to the r1 openrc as the r2 has a nasty bug open. It seems to be faster and almost flawless. I get this one error and I guess it's too early for the rc logger to pick this one up:
http://omploader.org/vMXFscQ
The dir is empty:
Code:
nomad ~ # ls -l /lib64/rc/init.d/failed/
razem 0
and the klive service doesn't work:
Code:
nomad ~ # /etc/init.d/klive status
nomad ~ # /etc/init.d/klive stop
* Stopping KLive...                                                       [ ok ]
nomad ~ # /etc/init.d/klive start
* Starting KLive...                                                       [ ok ]
So I did that again:
Code:
nomad ~ # /etc/init.d/klive restart
* Stopping KLive...                                                       [ ok ]
* Starting KLive...                                                       [ ok ]
and got that in messages:
Code:
May 27 01:40:29 nomad twisted: [-] Received SIGTERM, shutting down.
May 27 01:40:29 nomad twisted: [-] (Port 47679 Closed)
May 27 01:40:29 nomad twisted: [-] Stopping protocol <__builtin__.klive_protocol instance at 0xc12b00>
May 27 01:40:29 nomad twisted: [-] Main loop terminated.
May 27 01:40:29 nomad twisted: [-] Warning: No permission to delete pid file
May 27 01:40:29 nomad twisted: [-] Server Shut Down.
May 27 01:40:30 nomad twisted: [-] Log opened.
May 27 01:40:30 nomad twisted: [-] twistd 8.1.0 (/usr/bin/python 2.5.4) starting up
May 27 01:40:30 nomad twisted: [-] reactor class: <class 'twisted.internet.selectreactor.SelectReactor'>
May 27 01:40:30 nomad twisted: [-] __builtin__.klive_protocol starting on 58330
May 27 01:40:30 nomad twisted: [-] Starting protocol <__builtin__.klive_protocol instance at 0xc12b00>
May 27 01:40:30 nomad twisted: [-] Starting KLive: network protocol 1, client version 0.25
May 27 01:40:30 nomad twisted: [-] set uid/gid 110/None
May 27 01:40:59 nomad /etc/init.d/klive[5263]: status: crashed
There are no bugs open for klive, so should I file one or is it something strictly due to the migration?
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just migrated the other system and I have the very same klive problem and also got this warning from lvm (although file systems are mounted rw and work just fine):
Code:
* Setting up the Logical Volume Manager...
  /var/log/lvm2.log: fopen failed: System plików wyłącznie do odczytu
  Locking type 1 initialisation failed.
 [ ok ]
What does this mean?

Obviously I get the depreciation warning about lvm and device-mapper but I've read about them so won't make a fuss.
UberLord
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

szczerb wrote:
I just migrated my laptop (it's the system without lvm2). I sticked to the r1 openrc as the r2 has a nasty bug open. It seems to be faster and almost flawless. I get this one error and I guess it's too early for the rc logger to pick this one up:
http://omploader.org/vMXFscQ
There are no bugs open for klive, so should I file one or is it something strictly due to the migration?

Actually it's due to a stale file on your disk before svcdir is mounted. Try this
Code:

mkdir /mnt/root
mount --bind / /mnt/root
rm -rf /mnt/root/lib64/rc/init.d/*
umount /mnt/root

That should stop the error from appearing.

Last edited by UberLord on Wed May 27, 2009 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
UberLord
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

szczerb wrote:
I just migrated the other system and I have the very same klive problem and also got this warning from lvm (although file systems are mounted rw and work just fine):
Code:
* Setting up the Logical Volume Manager...
  Locking type 1 initialisation failed.
 [ ok ]
What does this mean?

Obviously I get the depreciation warning about lvm and device-mapper but I've read about them so won't make a fuss.

I have no idea what the says.
Can you translate into English?
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooops, sorry I didn't notice it wasn't in english. The repeated part in polish says "filesystem read-only".
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried what you suggested in the previous post and:
Code:
nomad szczerb # mkdir /mnt/root
nomad szczerb # mount --bind / /mnt/root/
nomad szczerb # rm -rf /mnt/root/lib64/rc/init.d/
rm: nie można usunąć katalogu `/mnt/root/lib64/rc/init.d': Urządzenie lub zasoby zajęte
The polish parts stand for "cannot remove dir" and "device or resource busy". So should I boot a livecd and remove that dir?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: