issue with ati-drivers
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lliw00
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: issue with ati-drivers Reply with quote

im trying to get my xorg to display in 1080p
but in order to do that, i need to emerge ati-drivers, but when i try i get the following error
Code:

make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.471.3/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.471.3/work/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.24-gentoo-r4'
make: *** [kmod_build] Error 2
 * ERROR: x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.471.3 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 3237:  Called linux-mod_src_compile
 *             environment, line 2446:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *               eval "emake HOSTCC=\"$(tc-getBUILD_CC)\"                                               CC=\"$(get-KERNEL_CC)\"                                                 LDFLAGS=\"$(get_abi_LDFLAGS)\"                                             ${BUILD_FIXES}                                          ${BUILD_PARAMS}                                                 ${BUILD_TARGETS} " || die "Unable to emake HOSTCC="$(tc-getBUILD_CC)" CC="$(get-KERNEL_CC)" LDFLAGS="$(get_abi_LDFLAGS)" ${BUILD_FIXES} ${BUILD_PARAMS} ${BUILD_TARGETS}";
 *  The die message:
 *   Unable to emake HOSTCC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc CC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc LDFLAGS=  GCC_VER_MAJ=4 KVER=2.6.24-gentoo-r4 KDIR=/usr/src/linux kmod_build
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.471.3/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.471.3/temp/environment'.

* Messages for package x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.471.3:

* ERROR: x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.471.3 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 3237:  Called linux-mod_src_compile
 *             environment, line 2446:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *               eval "emake HOSTCC=\"$(tc-getBUILD_CC)\"                                               CC=\"$(get-KERNEL_CC)\"                                                 LDFLAGS=\"$(get_abi_LDFLAGS)\"                                             ${BUILD_FIXES}                                          ${BUILD_PARAMS}                                                 ${BUILD_TARGETS} " || die "Unable to emake HOSTCC="$(tc-getBUILD_CC)" CC="$(get-KERNEL_CC)" LDFLAGS="$(get_abi_LDFLAGS)" ${BUILD_FIXES} ${BUILD_PARAMS} ${BUILD_TARGETS}";
 *  The die message:
 *   Unable to emake HOSTCC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc CC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc LDFLAGS=  GCC_VER_MAJ=4 KVER=2.6.24-gentoo-r4 KDIR=/usr/src/linux kmod_build
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.471.3/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.471.3/temp/environment'.

any help would be appreciated
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Duplicate Threads. Please resume here.

banned from #gentoo since sept 2017
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: